[Forum event] Orange's Teambuilding Challenge - Part 2 - Don't judge a book...

1 hour ago, BurntZebra said:

I'd assume explosion and the 25% of rock blast hitting harder than rock slide is the only reason to run graveler over lairon. Otherwise lairon seems to be better as it 4x resists flying/normal while also being a psychic check. Also has pretty similar base stats, but higher base def/hp/sp def/speed at the cost of -5 attack. Cb eq isn't that great, although I guess it would come in handy vs qwilfish (but lairon also lives 2 waterfalls from qwilfish since its only 2x weak to water

What a uguu. @Kimikozen I feel for you. 

@OrangeManiac take Zeb's post above as an entry imo bro. 

4 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i was told by @Darkshade it was banned specifically for this pokemon and reason. 

If this pokemon was broken, everyone would be playing it in psl and team tournaments. The ban in automated tournaments and matchmaking affects more than Aron too; all low level pokemons are not allowed despite the fact that they are sometimes better than if they were lvl 50.

I remember the post you made about aron, but I don't recall any staff member replying to what you said. The only answer I got from staff when I suggested allowing low level pokemons in matchmaking was this:

On 09/09/2016 at 2:58 PM, Raederz said:

Must think about these storylines guys, who dun even know what OU means, clicking "sign in" when the tourn is announced :x

2017-08-22.png

BST: 460

PokeMMO OU Average BST: 512.8 (Data gathered from the 23 Pokemon with greater than 10% usage in OU; range 455 - 600)

2017-08-22_1.png

Abysmal Stats? Check.

Make an Offensive Set from a Defensive Mon?  See Below.

Discussion: Lunatone is pure ass on paper, but in a diverse Over-Used tier (lol, diverse) it can provide both surprise and a "WTF are you thinking?!" laugh from your opponent. So why am I pushing a shitty Lunatone into OU? Well because it is a momentum building monster, that's why. 

Consider the following set: 

LunaBait

Item: Leftovers

Nature: Modest

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 SpAtt / 252 Spe

• Calm Mind
  • Psychic
  • Ancientpower 
  • Moonlight / Substitute

With this set, you have suddenly went from a shitty Pokemon that has no viability in NU to a Pokemon that can absolutely annihilate OU with the proper support. So what happens when your opponent sends in CB or Scarf Flygon, spams EQ, and you send in Lunatone? First they go, "fuck off you noob" and then reliably switch to one of several options: Porygon2, Starmie, Milotic, Forretress, Skarmory, Umbreon or Metagross. These are some of the highest used Pokemon in OU and suddenly you realize you can't touch any of them with your shitty floating rock. Well this is where it gets easy, just double switch into Wynaut and trap them suckers (plug for a second shitty mon)! Once you've effectively trapped one of these threats you can easily remove them with either Encore + Counter/Mirror Coat or Encore and switch to Trapinch or Magneton to kill them off entirely. Once you've remove one threat, you have a damn good opportunity to rinse and repeat as you suicide a future Wynaut trap into either Trapinch or Magneton, and thus once you've removed your Lunatone counter, it's time to wreak fucking havoc!!!

Of the 23 Pokemon in OU with 10% or greater usage that weren't mentioned as counters above, only Swampert, Alakazam, Jolteon, and Dusclops can live a +1 Psychic or Ancientpower. Otherwise, everything else is OHKO'd. Yes, that means a +1 Modest Life Orb Lunatone can one shot damn near every OU mon in the game, and to add, Lunatone turns Dusclops into set-up bait for more power since it really can't do anything to our heroic moonstone. 

So what does that mean? If you're opponent is a "P.O.S. Wall uguu" then Lunatone will likely sweep their asses once you've ran the Wynaut + Trapinch/Magneton cycle, and if they're not of the aforementioned ilk, then Lunatone will most certainly be getting a kill since hardly anything mentioned above can OHKO the beast known as Lunatone.

tl;dr Lunatone is a fucking SAVAGE. 

So the next time you see this worthless rock in your PC, take a moment and think to yourself? Is it just a worthless rock, or is it bait for an easy win. And hell, if it doesn't work out at least you'll now know to "throw a rock" rather than "use the bait" when it comes to the Safari =)

Stay thirsty my friends. 

South Park  eric cartman research pay attention close the book GIF

Edited by DoubleJ

Y'all know what's about to go down in this post.

3f26367443.png

Clamperl's trash stats (spatk aside) certainly make it an unpopular pick, even in the lowest of low tiers. It has little defense and little speed.

But, I'm going to push it one step further than making a post about clamperl in NU and shove it in the next tier up of stats uncomparable to its competitors: Clamperl in UU!

You know I love to use clamperl in OU even as a gimmick, but in UU, we're talking viable. This is how it works.

The moveset:

Clamperl Fast Sweeper / Revenge killer

Item: Deep Sea Tooth

Nature: Modest

EVs: 252 SpAtt / 252 Speed

• Surf
  • Icebeam
  • Hidden power Grass
  • Protect

It's well known that Deepseatooth doubles Clamperl's SpAtk stat. The main reason to use this poke.

Surf does TONS OF STAB DAMAGE to basically anything that doesn't resist it. Consider this.

Clamperl Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cradily: (43.5 - 51.8%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO

Icebeam will one or two hit ko most grass types, your biggest threat.

Hidden Power Grass is good for coverage, anything that resists both surf and icebeam--usually water types. It's better than elec because it hits all the same stuff, but also quagsire and lanturn.

And finally, Protect is the big underdog move in here that will let you scout choice bands, how much guts they have to stay in or switch out, to make an educated guess on how much speed they invested. This is important, because this clamperl is max speed instead of defensive, despite its trash speed stat.

Here's the list of things that clamperl can outspeed and threaten: (at the condition that they are uninvested in speed!)

Spoiler

a8084fa047.png

From top to bottom, least likely to most likely to have speed. sort of.

This list covers just under half the tier!! Clamperl is a very reliable revenge killer. If any of your pokemon die to any of these, you can bring in clamperl and safely do TONS OF DAMAGE.

Now, they have to either sack something or switch to something that walls AND threatens clamperl. They will take TONS OF DAMAGE either way.

Their options are basically:

Spoiler

Clamperl Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: (46.5 - 55.4%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Clamperl Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blastoise: (62.3 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Clamperl Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meganium: (63.1 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Clamperl Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Miltank:  (53.9 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Clamperl Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 112+ SpD Slowking: (45.5 - 54.4%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Clamperl Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Altaria: (125.2 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Only a handful of walls can take a hit from clamperl.

And even then, the walls can't fucking come in! Even with blastoise and meganium being their safest bets, with the right prediction and the right move, you can chunk it massively. Nothing is 100% safe from clamperl!

Your counters are the walls who can take around 50% dmg or less, AND who are still full hp / not statused, AND who can both ohko you or recover hp. Like even if you land the icebeam on meganium, it might heal up while you switch out, is the worst that can happen. But all these conditions must be true at the same time!

For example, meganium fulfills most of those, but if it's para'd at 70% hp, it may as well be tossed to the graveyard. Clamperl doesn't have 'hard hard counters that it can't ever touch'. Since it two-shots (sometimes 3) the entire meta. With the right support, it will kill their entire team.

On that note, the best support for clamperl is status spread (para or poison are both fine) and spikes. If you can chunk a wall down 30%, clamperl can probably deal with it.

If enemy is poisoned, clamperl can always stall one turn with protect to secure the KO.

The rest of the team should probably be a standard very solid defensive core, spikes, status. Clamperl doesn't have to be the 'gimmick centerpiece' that everything revolves around. It counters half the tier, and has tools to deal with the other half. Then you got 5 more slots for a sick teambuild.

You will want more offensive options: For exmaple, if your pokemon dies to a manec, clamperl can't come in and do its revenge killer job.  You'll want a choice scarf on something, probably. Clamperl can revenge kill anything that was in that list of 'slow pokemon' up there, or it can come in on weak pokemon that don't have the damage to threaten clamperl. It has underrated defense, and won't really take anything from water, ice, steel attacks.

in conclusion, the key to success with clamperl in UU is:

• good prediction on what's going to switch in for maximum damage to pressure even the walls
  • clever use of protect, to scout possible speed investment, mind reading
  • patient setup of status and spikes, slowly crippling the entire team
  • 5 other good pokes

if you aren't convinced, just remember stab surf

Clamperl Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cradily: (43.5 - 51.8%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO

totally busted

see you next time in round 3 for how to play clamperl in ou

Edited by Eggplant

What is this thread ? Sharing gimmicks? O.O Hmm looks like @pachima doesn't join here. So nothing interesting here hmm. Well i can share one.

Adamant CB Kecleon. It has 90 base attack power which nobody using. Access to stab Double Edge or Facade. Even not need to calculations. It can learn Trick if u don't want CB at end game. ( Can learn Sucker Punch !! ) Summary: I used many times. Its good enough.

I don't need to write an explanation about how to use for this well known poke. But well people thinks it difficult to kill so they can use toxic or thunderwave on you. Facade really do good job.

Edited by FinnTheMember
Just now, DoubleJ said:

Read the whole entry you nabb. Shit Pokemon need support. 

1/10 critique from a biased spectator. 

Milotic+umbreon+metagross+starmie outspeed wynaut and forretress sets up spikes for free vs wynaut. Bowser would be ashamed at how bad you are at using wynaut

8 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Milotic+umbreon+metagross+starmie outspeed wynaut and forretress sets up spikes for free vs wynaut. Bowser would be ashamed at how bad you are at using wynaut

White boy read the entry. It's a tandem trap. Wynaut doesn't have one singular move. Encore that Spike and go into Mag. Counter the Meta since all off them only have attacking moves. Encore the Umbreon and go Trapinch. Mirror Coat the Star. Milo is the only poop of those listed. 

"Wait what, shitlord Trashmaster is entering the contest? LMFAO" - Every PokeMMO player in 20xx

Anyway here goes:

It's time to talk about everybody's favourite blue blob.

8gwC1DW.png c11d5052e6.png

Obviously Azumarill is most commonly known for it's good offensive characterics thanks to Huge Power. With Choice Band it can beat unprepared UU teams better than Chris Brown against Rihanna. Or you can run a Belly Drum set if you feel like the angus isn't quite peppered yet.

However, Azumarill is still a blue blob and in the following build I will treat it how it is:

Tier: UU

Aidzumarill

Item: Leftovers

Nature: Calm

Ability: Thick Fat 

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def

• Whirlpool
  • Perish Song
  • Rest
  • Protect

Well there you have it, a super cancerous set that will make you feel so dirty for using it, not even wearing Crocs for the rest of your life will even come close as some form of repentance.

You want to maximize it's special defense because the biggest threats in the UU tier against it comes from the likes of Manectric, Haunter, Meganium etc. With this spread it prevents from getting 2hitko'd by non-tbolt haunter and meganium, see calc later.

Thanks to it's natural bulk and Thick Fat it can come in on practically any Water, Fire or Ice type move, Whirlpool whatever switches in to trap it, to then perish song and stall the subsequent turns with Protect and Rest. Slowking switching in to Twave or Toxic? Check. Blastoise doesn't have Roar? Check.

Meganium might fear Ice Punch, but even if it switches in: 0 SpA Meganium Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Azumarill: 62-74 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 27.9% chance to 3HKO

Easiest Perish Song/Protect/Rest of my life.

To summarise: It shits on almost anything that can't kill it in 2 turns or doesn't have some sort of phazing

I said almost, there obviously are counters and checks.

Manectric will take damage from some whirlpool turns but does win the war vs Azumarill.

Anything with Roar

Certain pokemon with Soundproof like Electrode.

Taunt

Water Absorb

Oh yeah, whirlpool can also miss...

Good teammates:

Azumarill really benefits from Wish Support, Status Removal and a switchin for electric moves from the likes of Manectric.

Nidoqueen would make a good partner. Switches in on Manectric Tbolt or Haunter, can trap with pursuit, has good special defense etc.

Other options:- Wish support from maybe a clefable.

- Status removal from Meganium

tl;dr If you don't win with this strat you might as well cover yourself in honey and run through a swarm of bees

Edited by Tranzmaster
because i can

Hello, im going to show a Cloyster i had when i was soyhector ingame :,)

http://imgur.com/a/S7XTl

This build could be a surprise for your oponent, because almost all cloysters are wall. With that speed and scarf it is faster than aerodactyl, and defeats him in 1 hit. If you do good predictions you can defeat some of its counters like venusaur, jolteon, magneton, etc. It is really practical because you can also stop breeloms, sceptiles and rhydons with substitute using icicle spear. When you see a gyarados boosting dd you can put it calmly, or you can be rambo vs a flygon because you wont faint of 1 superpower.

Other counters will be slower than this cloyster because of the scarf, some could be defeated in 1 hit and others deals damage of 90-95% but you can combine this cloyster with a spiker or use it at the late game and wouldnt be a problem.

Here Some calcs:

Cloyster vs Aerodacyl Bander

252 SpA Cloyster Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aerodactyl: 156-186 (100.6 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Cloyster vs Venusaur Modest

252 SpA Cloyster Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 122-146 (78.7 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cloyster vs Gyarados

252 SpA Cloyster Hidden Power Electric vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 124-148 (72.9 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cloyster vs Flygon

252 SpA Cloyster Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Flygon: 292-348 (188.3 - 224.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Cloyster vs Breloom

4 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 96-126 (71.1 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cloyster vs Sceptile

252 SpA Cloyster Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 140-168 (96.5 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Cloyster vs Charizard/Typloshon

252 SpA Cloyster Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Typhlosion: 134-158 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Cloyster vs Blaziken

252 SpA Cloyster Surf vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Blaziken: 170-204 (109.6 - 131.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Cloyster vs Dodrio

252 SpA Cloyster Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dodrio: 186-218 (137.7 - 161.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Cloyster vs Houndoom

252 SpA Cloyster Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndoom: 150-176 (100 - 117.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edited by soyhector
On 8/22/2017 at 2:33 PM, OrangeManiac said:

Write-ups that will guaranteed to not win due to being too popular or too easy to be considered a creative entry:

Hide contents

- Defensive Arcanine

- Defensive Gyarados
- Defensive Vaporeon

- Defensive Gardevoir

- Wish Raichu

- Utility Crobat

- Defensive Nidoqueen

- Shedinja

- Any Pokemon with ability Huge Power or Pure Power

@Tranzmaster

now that hypno is back in nu

bulky belly hypno

impish

252 hp 208 de 48 spdef @salac berry or leftovers

wish

belly drum

2 of fire punch/thunder punch/ice punch/brick break/return

i personally like ice + brick a lot and return + ice

idea is to come in on a normal hypno switch and immediately wish then b drum if favorable switch and if not then switch out the wish to keep the secret and give a team mate some health. once you get it off i havent found anything that can 1hko not even the beast

252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Crunch vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Hypno: 136-160 (70.8 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and who even runs max attack cb with enough speed to beat 

+6 0 Atk Hypno Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Granbull: 222-262 (134.5 - 158.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

this thing with no invest hits like a tank and with wish and "dat bulk" you can really stay a live for a while. basically this thing is a sudo b drum lax only better cause wish>rest, let em try to toxic stall. even the mighty moth cant kill it 

252+ SpA Life Orb Venomoth Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hypno: 132-156 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and tbh it's running timid not modest in most cases.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.