3rd party tool request thread

Eggplant

Hey guys! I'm a recent graduate from a coding bootcamp. Seeking to apply for a web developer job in the bay in the coming weeks.

I'm basically trying to 'build a lot of cool shit' at the moment so I can put some actual experience and completed projects on my portfolio.

I haven't been around the game in a while, but I'd love to code something up for you guys. Think the old 'iv calculator', or a dmg calculator very specific to pokemmo, something very custom, yknow! An app with search bars! Whatever you want!

If you have any good ideas for a useful pokemmo tool, put it down here and i'll see what i can do! It would be a web app using html, css and javascript.

I have an idea and I've been thinking about it from some time now, I haven't done much about it yet since I haven't had the time or patience. But in case you or anyone could up with something about it, here you go:

Spoiler

What I've been thinking is some way to get the best pokemon pair based on their type(s). Like, Weezing and Umbreon have an excellent energy based on their type. Weezing resists Fighting and Bug types which are Umbreon's only weakness, while Umbreon is immune to Psyhic. But still they don't have the 'perfect' synergy, like Umbreon covers Weezing completely but Weezing doesn't, it resists them but isn't immune to them. So, like that having an app/webapp which lets you input a pokemon and returns couple of or a single pokemon which would form the best pair based on their type(s) would be nice to have. Of course, we need to keep their ability in mind as well. Once the core logic is written, scaling it to all the generations and not just for PokeMMO would be an easy thing to do. Think about it and let me know if you could come up with something.

1 minute ago, LiquidFrost said:

I have an idea and I've been thinking about it from some time now, I haven't done much about it yet since I haven't had the time or patience. But in case you or anyone could up with something about it, here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

What I've been thinking is some way to get the best pokemon pair based on their type(s). Like, Weezing and Umbreon have an excellent energy based on their type. Weezing resists Fighting and Bug types which are Umbreon's only weakness, while Umbreon is immune to Psyhic. But still they don't have the 'perfect' synergy, like Umbreon covers Weezing completely but Weezing doesn't, it resists them but isn't immune to them. So, like that having an app/webapp which lets you input a pokemon and returns couple of or a single pokemon which would form the best pair based on their type(s) would be nice to have. Of course, we need to keep their ability in mind as well. Once the core logic is written, scaling it to all the generations and not just for PokeMMO would be an easy thing to do. Think about it and let me know if you could come up with something.

So basically, a team weakness checker?

not sure if this would count as botting or not but a plugin for the GTL that would allow you to put in very specific search terms and price and auto buy anything that matches those turns when it pops up. for when you want to buy something or multiple somethings but their are none on the gtl, or none with a price your willing to pay. runescape has this and it's nice.

3 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

not sure if this would count as botting or not but a plugin for the GTL that would allow you to put in very specific search terms and price and auto buy anything that matches those turns when it pops up. for when you want to buy something or multiple somethings but their are none on the gtl, or none with a price your willing to pay. runescape has this and it's nice.

would be considered botting.

I wanted to do a thing that just sifted through the gtl one page at a time and visually read everything, so I could make some statistics.

When staff found out that the program was going to be doing the clicking, they said "no deal".

Anything that directly interacts with the client is apparently off-limits.

I have a program in mind that creates breeding charts.

You would have to input a range of pokemon (from the same egg group) that you've caught, including gender, species, nature, maxed/usable IV's and such and then specify what you want them to breed into like for example a female mudkip, careful nature, 6x31 IV's, egg moves, maybe an extra option for Hidden Power and so on.

The program would then create some sort of chart that tells you which pokemon you have to breed together in what order and would give you the option to keep track of what you've already done (highlight pokemon that have already been bred, that are currently being hatched, that are breeding at the moment).

You would also have to input the gender of pokemon that have just been hatched so that the program could adjust the chart and tell you which gender the respective next breeding partner needs to be manipulated to.

On 8/21/2017 at 8:13 PM, KoolT93 said:

HP calc

Just realized this stands for hidden power and not health haha. It's probably the most feasible, and I could get it done fairly fast.

If it fits into a larger app, like the idea below, I'll prob just incorporate it. I don't foresee people running this app just for hp check.

20 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

You know how that old IV calc could copy and paste the nature and IV's and what not? Make something like that so listing comps on forums doesn't make me wanna end it all.

This might be feasible. Like a template that asks for the species, nature, ivs etc. and you could just type 'bulb', 'ada' and press tab and it would autofill.

at the end a 'copy to clipboard' button.

but i'm not sure if this is what you want, or if you wanted the 'pixel reader' feature of the old iv calc, where you didnt have to type anything at all.

19 hours ago, Quakkz said:

pvp tool where u can fill in the moves your opponent used in the battle and you can additional notes like the possible nature, possible speedstat etc. basically same like the thing that pops up in showdown when you hover over a pokemon there

This is also feasible as long as the player fills in all the moves etc. but if there's so much manual input, like you have to manually input their scouted moves and then manually decrease their pp by 1 every time, is it still worth?

or i could try and 'pixel reader' the battle logs but eeeeek

would you guys use this 'showdown-like' tool if all the input was manual? like an interface for taking notes but probably faster and somewhat more convenient?

maybe if there was a feature to 'save comps' for scouts. like a 'new battle' button, then import gbwead's full pp nosepass! HMMMMM

16 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

botting hard af. I can just say shiny and put 50k. First shiny that pops up from a noob for 50k on gtl will then be mine. Irrelevant.

Edited by Ichigo

If you wouldn't mind licensing CC-BY and designing around banner ads, I could help you host MediaWiki markup/Lua/HTML/CSS/JS at the Shoutwiki wiki. (Not the Wikia one, which has a mobile frontend that clobbers many HTML elements and attributes, and completely blocks custom CSS/JS.)

Sorry for the messy code currently on the wiki. I can clean it up if you want to tweak or reuse any of it.

• Zehkar locked this topic