[PSL 8] Semifinals

30 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

So is anyone else just now finding out that that catshchfh guy is gazelli? Or is it just me? 

No, during the midseason draft I remember that Zebra precised it to all in the chat or wherever it was, he clearly said that CATHSF or whatever his name is was Gazelli.

26 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

My question is, did every manager know about his actual identity when he was drafted?

Yes they did, unless they can't read, but he said it right before the draft and indeed that shocked a lot of us.

But I didn't know Gazelli = Axelgor on the other hand.

5 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

No, during the midseason draft I remember that Zebra precised it to all in the chat or wherever it was, he clearly said that CATHSF or whatever his name is was Gazelli.

Yes they did, unless they can't read, but he said it right before the draft and indeed that shocked a lot of us.

But I didn't know Gazelli = Axelgor on the other hand.

Ah ok, I thought maybe something like that happened at draft but I wasn't there. If zebra made the announcement I see no problem with anything 

1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

Ah ok, I thought maybe something like that happened at draft but I wasn't there. If zebra made the announcement I see no problem with anything 

I had staff verification of the signup being legit (ie the forum account he used to sign up was the same IP as his in-game account). Not sure if I actually said that it was the original account of Gazelli/whoever. I already knew since it was just kind of a thing that happened in 2014-2015.

I didn't really put together the pieces entirely until after the midseason draft happened, where BlueBreath used his draft pick on an inactive Aura guy, and then I realized Axellgor never signed up because he had already signed up under another account, and BlueBreath would surely know (and no other manager would know cathsf=axelgor).

In the future of PSL, there will be more punishments for deceiving individuals with alts, as it hurts the competition of PSL and gives managers a pretty big advantage who know the true identity of accounts that signed up for PSL. 

3 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

I had staff verification of the signup being legit (ie the forum account he used to sign up was the same IP as his in-game account). Not sure if I actually said that it was the original account of Gazelli/whoever. I already knew since it was just kind of a thing that happened in 2014-2015.

I didn't really put together the pieces entirely until after the midseason draft happened, where BlueBreath used his draft pick on an inactive Aura guy, and then I realized Axellgor never signed up because he had already signed up under another account, and BlueBreath would surely know (and no other manager would know cathsf=axelgor).

In the future of PSL, there will be more punishments for deceiving individuals with alts, as it hurts the competition of PSL and gives managers a pretty big advantage who know the true identity of accounts that signed up for PSL. 

Well the question of whether CATHSCHF or whatever was a legitimate in game account, and the question of what identity has he gone by before are two completely separate questions. It's kind of a big deal if you didn't explicitly tell people at the midseason draft (specifically, the managers) that this seemingly unknown person is, in fact, a well known and successful former NU player.

This was a massive controversy when TheFireLion, using information not known to every manager, bought shinytaillow (aka bluejim) for what, 4k credits? I'm still not sure I know all the details here, but I feel like an understanding was reached the last time this happened that further attempts to do this woul be dealt with immediately, not shelved for future seasons consideration

predic

Spoiler

The Brave Blazikens (0) vs The Boosted Monkeys (0)

OU: fipp vs Miguelez

OU: pIata vs Belieberboy
UU: LeJovi vs Axoa
UU: DestructX vs Kanzo
NU: Sebat vs Lazaaro
Doubles: LuisPocho vs Kamimiii

DPP: Kimikozen vs XPLOZ

SM: Forfiter vs Telf

The Hungry Salamences (0) vs The Flocking Buzzwoles (0)

OU: LucasCisneros vs MaeKaaay

OU: Aerun vs EVLGOON
UU: Mlhawk vs Wiriketchup
UU: Frags vs Mkns
NU: Kriliin vs Gazelli/Axelgor 
Doubles: StriderxD vs BlueBreath

DPP: Gunthug vs SweeTforU
SM: Kizhaz vs Raptori

Just now, TiToooo said:

predic

Hide contents

The Brave Blazikens (0) vs The Boosted Monkeys (0)

OU: fipp vs Miguelez

OU: pIata vs Belieberboy
UU: LeJovi vs Axoa
UU: DestructX vs Kanzo
NU: Sebat vs Lazaaro
Doubles: LuisPocho vs Kamimiii

DPP: Kimikozen vs XPLOZ

SM: Forfiter vs Telf

The Hungry Salamences (0) vs The Flocking Buzzwoles (0)

OU: LucasCisneros vs MaeKaaay

OU: Aerun vs EVLGOON
UU: Mlhawk vs Wiriketchup
UU: Frags vs Mkns
NU: Kriliin vs Gazelli/Axelgor 
Doubles: StriderxD vs BlueBreath

DPP: Gunthug vs SweeTforU
SM: Kizhaz vs Raptori

bad predict

@OldKeith

@Gunthug

My thoughts are as follows and I already spoke to zebra about this. We have a player that has a history of playing on alts and was previously punished for using two characters in one season. With that in mind, I'm a little disappointed there is no punishment to cath. 

Furthermore, while we all know CATH and his talent in NU, most of the managers also knew axelgor for being an active nu player with several recent wins and deep tournament runs. Only one manager had information that CATH was axelgor, a player I'm sure most managers would have liked to draft at midseason more so than an old player that was inactive. I know I would have. I even petitioned axelgor in game to join but he told me he was "busy with school".

So should we punish a team for being sketch as fuck? Maybe. Should we punish them in the playoffs? Probably not.

What can we do? Well we can potentially remove some benefits a manager might earn, such as the right to return as manager should they win. Maybe we dock pay for the manager and player and distribute it amongst their players instead. Those are acceptable punishments. 

In the end, nothing has to be done but there is evidence and history that would support some kind of punishment. 

24 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

lmao as far as i know, most if not all managers knew axel was cath so lmao stop talking trash my guy

How many managers knew? Lkrenz didn't, and if zebra didnt actually announce it how the hell was he supposed to know?

I just don't get why you would sign up on your third alt regardless, especially when you've had issues with circumventing psl rules in the past. Then to do a bunch of shady shit like tell peiole on axelgor that you're too busy to play, even though you're playing, it's just strange. If zebra decides not to enforce the rules this season that's fine, I guess the 3rd time this happens whoever does it will really get a stiff warning I'm sure. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.