Food/Cooking thread

Munya

On 8/16/2017 at 4:23 PM, Munya said:

Lots of smoke when you are seasoning it the first time, so much smoke.

you're using too much oil then.

also hi im fred i cook a whole lot. made some pickled red onions, pablano peppers, and hungarian peppers recently and have been using them in various meals. you save a old pickle jar then chop up your veggie of choice and boil a half water half vinegar mixture (dont use balsamic, red wine and apple cider are the best) then add salt and sugar 1-2 tbsp each and everything to the jar and cover and wait. if you prefer your pickled shit softer you can boil it in water for 10 minutes or so first then remove, drain, and dry your veggies before adding to the jar.

but yea something something peter picked a pickled pepper

1 hour ago, axx said:

that pineapple stuff on top kind of ruins it, fred

-

here are some food videos i really enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4T_n70AFdYG19hUqArKRbg

there are way more on her chinese youtube channel, so check them out if you want

ill get to post some recipes or pics eventually

i realize my mistake, but in the video it looked ok

making some more meatballs only using sicilian sausage this time and strawberry/rasberry/peach with bbq and a bit of buffalo and tobasco. also using subs now so they dont fall out as often and adding cheese and pickled peppers. was able to get the hamburger at about 1/3 the price i normally pay so making huge batch.

On 9/1/2017 at 12:33 AM, fredrichnietze said:

made some ribs. basic-ish with a twist. reduced some pineapple juice and brown sugar into a glaze that i poured over the ribs after cutting them up. was going to slice and then fry the ribs where i sliced them but they were too tender. added pineapple salsa on top that i hated. but hey the ribs were divine.

ZZog1b7.jpg

@Rigamorty Those counter tops look like they were made in Detroit, the plate might have been brought it from a different state though

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.10.2017 at 7:09 AM, fredrichnietze said:

made sweet and sour orange pork with rice. it was better then most of the chinese resteraunts i have been too but their is one i need to go back to and re eat to tell. been too long.

B5AoV8t.png

Looks nice! I want to do the same but use the chicken. What do you think? Will it work out?

3 minutes ago, Munya said:

You know, until recently i've not been a fan of sweet and sour stuff, but that looks pretty solid

basically this but i added some more rice vinegar and homemade plum preserve which makes it a bit more sweet and sour and adds thickness. also when i made the brown/mothers/base sauce i strained out the roots and cooked them in the wok for a few minutes before adding the sauce to add flavor and so i can say i eat vegetables even if it's 1/4 cup of roots in about a gallon of food.