Announce PTR test days slightly earlier if possible

Matoka

Question

Time between announcement and the actual launch / closure of PTR feels quite small and easy to miss, if at all possible like another 2-3 days notice so people can make sure they notice the announcement and if they so desire schedule around getting a chance to pop in would be nice.

maybe this is way harder to do reliably due to the nature of bugs and test builds, but it would be nice ideally if possible. thanks.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Matoka said:

maybe this is way harder to do reliably due to the nature of bugs and test builds

It sort of is. It depends on whether we've finished up features to a point where they can be played, whether we find bugs during the private test build, and how we want to time it (2 day, 3 day, what do we want out of the first day, does it matter whether players have debugs, how long has it been, when's the weekend).

Development is mostly halted to run the event, in order to maintain a stable build for the PTS and because we're all watching gameplay / feedback in-game. The exchange to start it basically goes like this:

@Kyu | Desu: it's been a few months. we should prob do a PTS this weekend
@Desu | ye I guess

<2 days later>

@Desu | Munya RacheLucario: test has been updated let me know if you find issues

+Munya | k

<1 day after no horrible gamebreaking bugs have been found>

PTS announce

So it's all kind of luck depending on how those first few days went. I did try to give a few day's warning the last time and I'll do so again for the upcoming one if possible