Titles with effects

ZoroarkH

Question

I think that players should be able to earn titles in-game that have effects when equipped. A few examples I've thought of are:

• Medic: potions heal 30% more. Earned by using 10 potions
  • Bug catcher: catch rate for bug type pokemon is boosted by 10%. Earned by obtaining 12 OT bug pokemon of different species
  • Green thumb: berry plants can go an extra hour longer without wilting. Earned by harvesting 200 berry plants
  • Ace trainer: wild pokemon's level's are 20% higher. Earned by obtaining 8 gym badges
  • Shiny hunter: sweet scent consumes 4pp instead of 5. Earned by obtaining 3 OT shiny pokemon
  • Homemaker: can own 2 secret bases. Earned by owning 50 pieces of furniture
  • Millionaire: GTL listing fees are reduced by 10%. Can only be equipped while carrying 1mil or more

These are just a few examples, there could be many more potential titles.

To avoid players changing titles dynamically there should be a cooldown time activated each time they change their title e.g. it can only be changed once every 6 hours. For balancing reasons it might be a good idea to make some titles region specific. It also might be a good idea to have titles display during PvP battles next to the player's names e.g. Ace trainer 'x' would like to battle.

I think this would be beneficial because it'd give players more non-pvp content to work towards and some may try to collect them like achievements.

Edited by ZoroarkH

4 answers to this question

I really love this idea

3 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Something we've definitely discussed in the past, I don't believe it's out of the question - just not likely too soon.

Some of your buffs are somewhat unrealistic however.

Glad you guys are looking into it and yeah the shiny hunting thing or homemaker I would imagine would be impossible to code. But maybe the bug catcher type title might be able to code which would be pretty cool in my opinion

5 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Something we've definitely discussed in the past, I don't believe it's out of the question - just not likely too soon.

Some of your buffs are somewhat unrealistic however.

Which ones would you consider to be unrealistic?

4 hours ago, Suneet said:

Which ones would you consider to be unrealistic?

• Ace trainer: wild pokemon's level's are 20% higher. Earned by obtaining 8 gym badges
  • Shiny hunter: sweet scent consumes 4pp instead of 5. Earned by obtaining 3 OT shiny pokemon
  • Homemaker: can own 2 secret bases. Earned by owning 50 pieces of furniture

Maybe these here, but for a mechanical factor