Is there an alternative way to obtain pp ups / max besides mystery boxes / alt runs?

Quakkz

14 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Crafting them is possible. Slateport market has a NPC that let's you make them if you have the right items.

I calculated recently and coz of mystery boxes i guess, GTL cheaper than crafting. Rip crafting.

Edited by FinnTheMember
2 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

I calculated recently and coz of mystery boxes i guess, GTL cheaper than crafting. Rip crafting.

You are somewhat correct, especially somethings in that crafting system has crazy costs which makes them useless to craft. I calculated for all of them once, I guess Ethers/Elixirs were the most crazy ones. I don't remember much at the moment, but crafting system would be a lot more useful if devs could trim down the resources needed to craft them a bit. 

12 hours ago, Quakkz said:

Thanks a lot, but i guess in  the end regarding costs + time its really just cheaper to get them from gtl... maybe it gets an overhaul in the future

11 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

@Kyu ok ?

It's being looked at for Unova and falls under the "Overworld item rebalancing" I had mentioned here. It's a bit more complicated than it appears though:

The crafting system is meant to do one thing: Convert value generated by players from one type of gameplay (farming) into something useful by another type of gameplay (battles).

Objectively, farming berries isn't very fun. It's a chore. The fun comes from money traded by other players, which gives the task itself value in addition to the monopoly it provides on certain in-game functions (e.g. portable PP Heals).

This is currently undermined by sources of items in other parts of the game (Mystery Boxes / Overworld Items / Held Items?), although the primary problem is a lack of demand due to end-game PvE being unfinished. This is partially being resolved by Horde rebalancing, moving them further away from healing centers (see: T1934: Horde rebalancing)

But anyway, I'll be taking a look at the cost:reward ratio for berry powder over the coming weeks. Thanks for bringing it up

• Perry locked this topic