[PSL8] Unofficial Honors Thread

7 minutes ago, JIceJDragon said:

3-1...

won against Daryl after both of you were quickly subbed in after some shit happened between DoubleJ, Eric, and Gbwead

won against Mnemosyne

and won 2-1 against Bilburt...

lost vs yangsam

I don't know... I wouldnt be proud af and trying to trashtalk players that have been playing for seasons

The loss against yangsam was a nocare game where I brought 6 offensive mons in OU because week was lost and I was too busy IRL to care, I'm kinda sad to have lost this one indeed since he played like shit and it was a free win, but my own fault.

And idk why I would respect "players that have been playing for seasons" just cause they did, I won't argue with you about "playing for seasons = good" since you seem to think it's the case, who am I to tell you what you should think. But don't expect me to think you're good just bcs you played some seasons of PSL.

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

The problems started when I began making dpp videos. Gave too much knowledge away and the league caught up to me obviously 

That's cool then, thanks for providing us good DPP competition. As I said I mean you no harm at all, really that wasn't ironical. I recognize what you did and what you brought to us, but if you try to bite I'll crunch back.

12 hours ago, Kamimiii said:

That's cool then, thanks for providing us good DPP competition. As I said I mean you no harm at all, really that wasn't ironical. I recognize what you did and what you brought to us, but if you try to bite I'll crunch back.

Lol I like you kami, I don't take anything on these Pokemon forums personally. But if you challenge me in my best tier (shit talk) you're gonna get run over 

I'm disgusted by the level of incompetence of the PSL administration when it comes down to giving awards to the most deserving. Imo, both the W/L ratio of a player and the people he faced should be considered. I tried doing this by adding a W/L score to Match up score:

W/L score:

Spoiler

c1d169f0592604723a58435d0bf6c803.png

Match up score:

Spoiler

=sum of the W/L score in the appropriate category of all the player's opponents / (wins of the player + losses of the player*2)

For instance, if I take the top contestants for best overall player, I would determine the winner like this:

Spoiler

bc2609217db5c324a831153c50cc53b7.png

414df5fd900bc4bc136488e6b2152561.png

a13ea171cd9d119650272eab20202fa6.png

Overall score = W/L score + Match up score

BurntZebra overall score = 192 +102 = 294

ZDFire overall score = 192 + 79 = 271

Enchanteur overall score = 238 + 82 = 320

Enchanteur with an overall score of 320 would be the best overall player.

Edited by gbwead
53 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I'm disgusted by the level of incompetence of the PSL administration when it comes down to giving awards to the most deserving. Imo, both the W/L ratio of a player and the people he faced should be considered. I tried doing this by adding a W/L score to Match up score:

W/L score:

Hide contents

c6c0aa877d007aea8e47dcdc2610b6f9.png

Match up score:

Reveal hidden contents

=sum of the W/L score in the appropriate category of all the player's opponent / (wins of the player + losses of the player*2)

For instance, if I take the top contestants for best overall player, I would determine the winner like this:

Hide contents

bc2609217db5c324a831153c50cc53b7.png

414df5fd900bc4bc136488e6b2152561.png

a13ea171cd9d119650272eab20202fa6.png

Overall score = W/L score + Match up score

BurntZebra overall score = 192 +102 = 294

ZDFire overall score = 192 + 79 = 271

Enchanteur overall score = 238 + 82 = 320

Enchanteur with an overall score of 320 would be the best overall player.

I like the concept, but the execution could be better. The idea of creating a match up score helps out a lot with the question of how easy someone's opponents are, but the weighting of it seems to be off somewhat compared to the number of wins/ W/L score. If I played fabbrooo instead of ZDFire week 5 (the other UU slot), and if I won, I would gain an extra 46 points from the W/L score, while only losing about 7 points total from the Match up score (Fabbrooo scored a 44 on the matchup score scale), making my matchup score about 95 instead of 102. 

Match up is also fairly dependent on who you play each week (well duh I guess). For example, in week 2 against the buzzwoles, I played raptori in SM OU instead of bluebreath in UU, which is a 117 point matchup difference between the 2. This gives me an advantage that wasn't really possible for ZDFire since he doesn't play SM OU.

Personally speaking, I think the rankings should be ZDFire first, Me second, and Enchanteur third, without using any numbers system. 

16 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

I like the concept, but the execution could be better. The idea of creating a match up score helps out a lot with the question of how easy someone's opponents are, but the weighting of it seems to be off somewhat compared to the number of wins/ W/L score. If I played fabbrooo instead of ZDFire week 5 (the other UU slot), and if I won, I would gain an extra 46 points from the W/L score, while only losing about 7 points total from the Match up score (Fabbrooo scored a 44 on the matchup score scale), making my matchup score about 95 instead of 102. 

Well that's the point. The match up score rewards you more if you win against a great oppononent and penalizes you if you lose against a bad opponent. The match up score alone is not representative enough tho which is why it is added to the w/l score.

19 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Match up is also fairly dependent on who you play each week (well duh I guess). For example, in week 2 against the buzzwoles, I played raptori in SM OU instead of bluebreath in UU, which is a 117 point matchup difference between the 2. This gives me an advantage that wasn't really possible for ZDFire since he doesn't play SM OU.

I dont see how that is relevant in any way. Why would you not ne rewarded for being able to switch tiers in order to get more points? The best overall award should go to the player that won against the best players. If that means competing in different tiers, so be it.

Just now, gbwead said:

Well that's the point. The match up score rewards you more if you win against a great oppononent and penalizes you if you lose against a bad opponent. The match up score alone is not representative enough tho which is why it is added to the w/l score.

I dont see how that is relevant in any way. Why would you not ne rewarded for being able to switch tiers in order to get more points? The best overall award should go to the player that won against the best players. If that means competing in different tiers, so be it.

I just gave you an example of how a win vs a "bad" (relatively speaking) opponent is only worth 7 points less than a win vs the "top" .

I guess for best overall player, it's fine to do the calculations like that, but for best UU/OU, you don't really control who you play against, since managers can put whoever they want in the first and second OU/UU slots, so if you're tied with someone for best UU and then in week 7, you can either get matched up vs their 1-5 UU player, or their 5-1 UU player, you end up on the losing side when you get matched up vs 1-5 just on chance alone. I might reimplement the "ranking" of OU/UU in future seasons, since as long as there aren't weird restrictions/rules about substitutes with it (subbed into UU1, then UU2 has to go into UU1 etc), there isn't too much of a problem with it.

7 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

I just gave you an example of how a win vs a "bad" (relatively speaking) opponent is only worth 7 points less than a win vs the "top" .

That's only from the match up score. If you take into consideration that win or loss in the w/l score, you should see that the overall difference is much more than 7 pts.

7 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

but for best UU/OU, you don't really control who you play against, since managers can put whoever they want in the first and second OU/UU slots, so if you're tied with someone for best UU and then in week 7, you can either get matched up vs their 1-5 UU player, or their 5-1 UU player, you end up on the losing side when you get matched up vs 1-5 just on chance alone. I might reimplement the "ranking" of OU/UU in future seasons, since as long as there aren't weird restrictions/rules about substitutes with it (subbed into UU1, then UU2 has to go into UU1 etc), there isn't too much of a problem with it.

So if one player is 5-0 in OU and faced better opponents than another player with aldo 5-0 in OU, the player that faced worst opponents would get the award simply because he is a victim of circumstances. This is utterly stupid, zeb.

13 minutes ago, gbwead said:

That's only from the match up score. If you take into consideration that win or loss in the w/l score, you should see that the overall difference is much more than 7 pts.

So if one player is 5-0 in OU and faced better opponents than another player with aldo 5-0 in OU, the player that faced worst opponents would get the award simply because he is a victim of circumstances. This is utterly stupid, zeb.

I'm assuming a win on both of them. The difference between 6-1 and 7-0 was 46 points and the match up score difference was only 7 points. So you basically gain 39 points if you win vs the lesser person.

I'm assuming the 2 5-0 players have played the same people and are tied up to that point, then who wins best player (or just whoever ends up with most points) is entirely dependent on what player they play in the final week

LMAO

I just calced the overall scores of Moises and Coge. 

Moises with 3 wins / 0 losses got a W/L score of 130. Having faced Laz, Kriliin and Parke, he got a Match up score of 97. His overall score was therefore 227.

Coge with 4 wins / 0 losses got a W/L score of 154. Having faced Natalia, Jostar, Kizhaz and Eloyriptor, he got a Match up score of 73.25. His overall score was therefore 227.25.

Coge (227.25) >= Moises (227)

Numbers don't lie.

12 minutes ago, gbwead said:

LMAO

I just calced the overall scores of Moises and Coge. 

Moises with 3 wins / 0 losses got a W/L score of 130. Having faced Laz, Kriliin and Parke, he got a Match up score of 97. His overall score was therefore 227.

Coge with 4 wins / 0 losses got a W/L score of 154. Having faced Natalia, Jostar, Kizhaz and Eloyriptor, he got a Match up score of 73.25. His overall score was therefore 227.25.

Coge (227.25) >= Moises (227)

Numbers don't lie.

didnt coge lose to kaerodactyl or something

7 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Just award them both like Sejuani and Migz last season. 

@camilo7 Best Overall though, he too good

did u even look at the poll 

45 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

how many points i got

Overall (OU + DPP)

Your W/L score is 126.

Your Match up score is 100.83.

Your total score is 226.83.

23 minutes ago, TJXD said:

whats both our scores on dubs , just checking

In Dubs:

Your W/L score is 140.

Your Match up score is 73.83.

Your total score is 213.83.

My W/L score is 130.

My Match up score is 101.33.

My total score is 231.33.

Just now, gbwead said:

Overall (OU + DPP)

Your W/L score is 126.

Your Match up score is 100.83.

Your total score is 226.83.

In Dubs:

Your W/L score is 140.

Your Match up score is 73.83.

Your total score is 213.83.

My W/L score is 130.

My Match up score is 101.33.

My total score is 231.33.

I blame Bilburt's record

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.