[PSL 8] Awards Predictions

Hey, say what you want but Mike definitely put a lot of effort in. It was definitely not just me and Zebra, if you were to see the discord chat, you'd see the effort he puts in, especially with the showdown guys which is where he has valuable knowledge. I knew from the start Mike prioritised me for my managerial knowledge since he was new to managing, and the fact he got me and zebra early meant we could all go through the signups and decide which is best for us - this was his decision to draft us so he could use our knowledge.

I think Mike deserves best manager, from what I saw he didnt delegate any of his responsibilities and was available to his team during all their matches. He even picked up info about tiers he wasnt well versed in to help his team which I saw was very cool and definitely exceeded expectations.

I know kindness doesn't get you anywhere these days but I do think Yubel did a fantastic job this season. I was very close together with my team to ending up above them but in the end it wasn't enough. We've tried our hardest to turn the ship around. And I most certainly think we have done so. So I just wanted to give a little shout out to @znk26 for doing a great job this season!

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Hey, say what you want but Mike definitely put a lot of effort in. It was definitely not just me and Zebra, if you were to see the discord chat, you'd see the effort he puts in, especially with the showdown guys which is where he has valuable knowledge. I knew from the start Mike prioritised me for my managerial knowledge since he was new to managing, and the fact he got me and zebra early meant we could all go through the signups and decide which is best for us - this was his decision to draft us so he could use our knowledge.

I did want to add a little bit to it since this just seems I just got you 2 because you were past managers. I picked Zebra because a. He's a beast. b. He is a big team player and I have played under him in the past so I somewhat knew him a little bit. It was in my opinion the best possible draft pick at that time by far. People called me a bit dumb for picking up Kaynine. I don't blame them. He's been semi inactive afterall. But you can't forget Kaynine has reached it so far into PSL not just as a manager but as a player too. He knows everything there is to know about PSL when it comes down to managing and playing. I value this more over anything in my opinion. And I definitly didn't turn out to be wrong if I would say so myself. Plus he's a good comp player!

Anyway I'm not ashamed to admit I have had great help from Kaynine and Zebra, in fact without their support and opinions I wouldn't have made it this far. But that was also one of the main reasons I picked them up. I knew I wouldn't be able to do everything on my own from the start. And I don't think any manager should be discredited for that. Since that's what captains are for. But I think having the ability to work together not just with your captains but also your players is what makes you a great manager. And I do believe many managers were like this this season. 

Winning PSL is one thing, winning it together as a team is another.

2 hours ago, OldKeith said:

@BlackJovi I see you take an interest in me. I am glad, make sure you pay the 500k you owe me since I am such a big part of your life.

Now before any 12-year old (mental) aged edgy kid comments on this ridiculous subject, let me ask you all about your managers. Did you have someone who spent a lot of time before the draft to price every manager and go by a frame as the auction proceedes? Did your manager talk to each player individually before the season start, to see who is available when, what tiers they play and watch them spar against their teammates to assess their playstyle and levels? Did your manager leave an opinion and have open discussions in each tier about team compositions and what to expect from their opponents? Did your manager reward your team for winning? Did your manager sent long messages assessing crucial weeks and performance?

If you have time to play the game all day and browse forums on mobile while your mom is wiping your posteriors, good for you. But some people have career paths, full time/overtime jobs, do this as a hobby even if they are not active in game anymore, and if a manager used their breaks from work to message their team on discord, I'd say they're pretty dedicated. And the results show. If you don't see me, it doesn't mean I am not there. That's why other captains voting for the best manager is only a silly popularity contest. 

Wow thanks for the plug bro. Much appreciated.

Just saw this.

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Lmfao more so than Mike who has been carried by zeb and kay. Guy couldn't even respond to a trade offer without them and at midseason I was just talking to them. 

Zebra is their real manager. Hell mike wasnt even allowed to post the roster he wanted in week 5.

Oh no I talk to my captain about trade offers what a bad manager I am D:, also of course you talked to them more because you 3 are all in the same team. It's easier. Please try to think before spewing out the nonsense that you say. Both Zeb and Kay just told you something else lmao.

I find being a good manager using everything that you've gotten from the start of the draft till the end of the season to it's maximum potential. If this means discussion trade offers with them I will do it.

But for the record JJ, everyone does things their own way. You do it your way. I do it my way. I find working together with people to get multiple opinions on the matter better than doing something all by myself. If that makes me a bad manager well that's fine. I've done things my way and done as much in my power as I could and it worked out pretty well regardless of the rough start.

Lol triggered much? You keep telling yourself that you're doing as much as zeb, or even kay who is openly posting that he was drafted for his managerial experience. 

Regardless, I'm having a kick seeing all the managers get worked up over these awards. Finally some drama from this boring as fuck group. 

@BlackJovi attention please, ty.

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Lol triggered much? You keep telling yourself that you're doing as much as zeb, or even kay who is openly posting that he was drafted for his managerial experience. 

Regardless, I'm having a kick seeing all the managers get worked up over these awards. Finally some drama from this boring as fuck group. 

@BlackJovi attention please, ty.

Literally just told mike that he fell into your attention seeking trap and you were gonna say something like 'haha triggered', and well... there it is. 

2 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Literally just told mike that he fell into your attention seeking trap and you were gonna say something like 'haha triggered', and well... there it is. 

Ty for preparing him and giving me the attention I need. You truly are brown bae.

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

I think I like your way better mike - going right for success in your first season. JJ's way involves a few seasons of being a complete failure first

I like to be the underdog bro. Makes for a good story in the end.

#attentionuguu

9 hours ago, Bearminator said:

You should all see Mike before season even started, guy was so excited when he was picked, he was talking about teams and players whole time with me.

Go and win whole thing Mike. T

Go dragonites ! You had bad start but that s cause this dragonite has no extremespeed

@TheChampionMike was probably the most deserving of all of us. I did tell Zeb before the season that if Mike can draft a player that knows the competitive meta and is willing to help the team, he'll have a really good shot at success. Zebra was the perfect fit and Mike's team is killing it. 

11 hours ago, Bearminator said:

You should all see Mike before season even started, guy was so excited when he was picked, he was talking about teams and players whole time with me.

Go and win whole thing Mike. T

Go dragonites ! You had bad start but that s cause this dragonite has no extremespeed

I'm still mad he didn't go w/ Magicial Mike Magikarp.

Mike wasnt sitting around like eric lkrenz couple. Mike is very active as manager and he is always trying to figure out whats best for the team. Ye zeb works alot, but it doesnt mean mike should be discredited for his work and effort as a manager. Mike for best manager. Drug for breakoutplayer. Zeb for best overall. Enchanteur best OU, tranz for meme king.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.