[PSL 8] Awards Predictions

This is a thread where people are able to discuss awards of the regular season, even if managers will decide at the end.

Added more categories, for fun.

Current results (I removed the votes for oneself):

Best Overall player: Enchanteur (8) - ZDFire (5) - BurntZebra (1)
Best OU player: Enchanteur (13)
Best UU player: ZDFire (11) - BurntZebra (1) - Axoa (1)
Best NU player: SenjuaniSupport (11) - moisessss (1)
Best Doubles player: gbwead (10) - StriderXD (1)
Best DPP OU player: XPLOZ (9) - Nik (1) - gunthug (1)
Best SM OU player: Raptori (12) - Frexas (1)
Breakout player of the season: Cogeid (6) - moisessss (4) - Frexas (1)

Best pick/buy: Enchanteur (5) - Cogeid (3) - Axoa (3) - BurntZebra ( 2)
Worst pick/buy: Walpayer (3) - Murcielago (3) - Schuchty (3) - DoctorPBJ (1) - Bluebreath (1) - Giantpipe (1) - Kaynine (1) - Tranzmaster (1)
Best manager: YUBEL (6) - TheChampionMike (5) - Oldkeith (2) - DoubleJ (1)
Worst manager: EricTheGreat (7) -  ElCoolio (6)
Meme player of the season: Tranzmaster (7) - gbwead (2) - TheMaxiPro (1)

Edited by XPLOZ

Well I can't throw my predictions on player awards since I'm involved in the votings but I'll throw my opinion on the other stuff.

Best pick/buy : Axoa? Still waiting for his Italy vacations or w/e stuff he made up.

Worst pick/buy :  DoctorPBJ. He said he'd underperform if any manager used a draft pick on him and he didn't fail on his promise. For real tho who would use a draft pick on someone who only plays Doubles? Nice job Coolio.

Best manager :  Probably Yubel. Anyone who places #1 after drafting such an underwhelming roster deserves to get that award.

Worst manager :  Coolio lmao.

Meme player of the season : Tranzmaster - "Top 10 OU player" going 0-5 is the juiciest of all memes.

2 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Worst pick: Walpayer/Zigh, where tf are they.

Walpayer just fucking fell off the face of the earth on us and apparently Zigh's computer broke. 

And for those two reasons I don't blame Eric for this shit season no matter how much I want to. 

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

Walpayer just fucking fell off the face of the earth on us and apparently Zigh's computer broke. 

And for those two reasons I don't blame Eric for this shit season no matter how much I want to. 

I do. Fuck him. Lost me 3mil. Fucking cried when your team didnt make playoffs with that roster.

10 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Yeh but I think a lot of people knew Walpayer wasn't so active at that point, so it's not exactly smart to pick up a player like that. It's risky.

Eric fucked up there. These are the things that managers can research to make a difference before the season has even started.

3 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Best pick/buy : Axoa? Still waiting for his Italy vacations or w/e stuff he made up.

Can't believe you all believed that bullshit. I was losing my mind during the auction.

Edit: oups sry for double post. Plz merge.

Edited by gbwead
18 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Yeh but I think a lot of people knew Walpayer wasn't so active at that point, so it's not exactly smart to pick up a player like that. It's risky.

Eric fucked up there. These are the things that managers can research to make a difference before the season has even started.

Pretty sure walpayer was sitting somewhere around top 3 of the OU leaderboard, aka the no life it until your number is high board. so by no means did he look inactive. like yeah sure you can pretend you had some kind of foresight, but no. 

6 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Please pay attention to me!

don't worry gb i'll quote you too.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

I didn't quote you, but feel free to believe I am calling out idiots defending trash simply because I want attention.

I didn't say you quoted me. I meant "too" as in additionally, as in I wasn't going to leave you out of my reply. And yeah, it's pretty safe to say that's the reason at this point. Like literally why else even bother? He was actually at a pretty bad disadvantage here with 1 of his draft picks computer dying and another player just straight up ditching us with no warning. But yeah he's an idiot for it, he should've gone over and fixed zigh's computer for him, what a dumb ass, amirite? XD

Best Overall player : Encha/ZD
Best OU player : Encha
Best UU player : ZDfire
Best NU player : Sejuani
Best Doubles player : Gbwead
Best DPP OU player : Xploz
Best SM OU player : Raptori/Frexa
Breakout player of the season : idk

Best pick/buy : Encha ( Gets you wins anywhere)
Worst pick/buy : Walpayer, theres more but lazy
Best manager : Mike/Yubel.  (nice turnaround mikenab)
Worst manager : Coolio/Eric
Meme player of the season : Tranz. You a god

Gonna weigh in here unsolicited, but frexas absolutely does not deserve SM player of the season. He may arguably be the best SM player in the league but unless you play every week, your season just falls short of award worthy. You see it in sports all the time - a player called up midway through the season who goes on an absolute tear down the stretch is very impressive in its own right. But it's not MVP worthy. What did frexas add to his team for weeks 1-4? Compare that to raptori who contributed each and every week

Again, mad respect to frex for his skills, but midseason players don't get season long awards, that's how it is and.how it should be 

3 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

I didn't say you quoted me. I meant "too" as in additionally, as in I wasn't going to leave you out of my reply. And yeah, it's pretty safe to say that's the reason at this point. Like literally why else even bother? He was actually at a pretty bad disadvantage here with 1 of his draft picks computer dying and another player just straight up ditching us with no warning. But yeah he's an idiot for it, he should've gone over and fixed zigh's computer for him, what a dumbass, amirite? XD

So you claim I seek attention in a post where you seek my attention... Perhaps you trashbois should simply get a reality check at some point and realise that I ain't doing this for attention or because I am some mean evil bully. Eric is trash, scum, pretentious and smug af. He never deserved to be a manager. Your excuses at this point are just a slap in the face of all the good candidates that were denied a shot at managing just so this idiot could make a fool out of himself. If PSL aims to be a competition for elites, Eric should be kept out of it. PSL ain't a charity for shit personalities and insecured trashbois in need of an ego boost. Eric didn't make playoffs and no one is surprised. He made up excuses last season for losing despite having done nothing beside getting babysitted by LKrenz and now you're making up excuses for him. Enough is enough man. Coolio doesn't make up excuses, so give it a rest. Eric will be remembered as the most pitiful manager in recent PSL history and good riddance.

Best Overall player: Enchanteur
Best OU player: Enchanteur
Best UU player: ZDFire
Best NU player: SejuaniSupport
Best Doubles player: gbwead
Best DPP OU player: XPLOZ
Best SM OU player: Raptori
Breakout player of the season: idk

Best pick/buy: Enchanteur
Worst pick/buy: Walpayer for sure 
Best manager: Yubel
Worst manager: Coolio
Meme player of the season: I could say Tranz like everyone else but seeing gb crying about Eric every week for 7 weeks is quite memeworthy
Edited by Parke
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Can't believe you all believed that bullshit. I was losing my mind during the auction.

I mean it's not as much as me "believing" because I didn't one bit. Was just afraid that he'd actually go inactive if anyone other than Yubel picked him (Wouldn't be the first time he does scum stuff in PSL amirite ;])

Anyways my priorities for draft picks were Jovi, Zebra and Destruct so I'm glad I ended up with 2 of those.

48 minutes ago, gbwead said:

So you claim I seek attention in a post where you seek my attention... Perhaps you trashbois should simply get a reality check at some point and realise that I ain't doing this for attention or because I am some mean evil bully. Eric is trash, scum, pretentious and smug af. He never deserved to be a manager. Your excuses at this point are just a slap in the face of all the good candidates that were denied a shot at managing just so this idiot could make a fool out of himself. If PSL aims to be a competition for elites, Eric should be kept out of it. PSL ain't a charity for shit personalities and insecured trashbois in need of an ego boost. Eric didn't make playoffs and no one is surprised. He made up excuses last season for losing despite having done nothing beside getting babysitted by LKrenz and now you're making up excuses for him. Enough is enough man. Coolio doesn't make up excuses, so give it a rest. Eric will be remembered as the most pitiful manager in recent PSL history and good riddance.

Please explain to me what you think Eric did wrong as a manager this season and what he could do to improve. I'm genuinely interested in what you think makes him so bad at this. I really think we would've had a great season had 2 of our important players not dropped on us. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.