[PSL 8] Awards Predictions

Best Overall player: ZDfire
Best OU player: Encanto
Best UU player: zdfire (such a heavy competition this season)
Best NU player: sejuanito
Best Doubles player: gbwead 
Best DPP OU player: cant decide
Best SM OU player: raptori? I dont understand sm
Breakout player of the season: moisessss/coge (idk Im not surprised coge is a god)

Best pick/buy: coge 2k
Worst pick/buy: murcielago or schuchty
Best manager: Mike or Oldkeith
Worst manager: Eric
Meme player of the season:  Tranz (I´m tempted to say it was sweendog, he always commit social suicide in chat)

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

You can say its biased af cause Mike is not only my friend but staff as well, but seeing his team that some people predicted to be worst, doing such a good run is something that can't be unnoticed.

Same thing with  Yube(l) and OldKeith. (but not that much) Nice work. 

Are you serious?

Everyone expected Buzzwoles to be last place and we are top 2 :)

Keith best manager by far

9 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Edited the OP if you wanna see the current results. Some players stand out clearly

A poll would make it easier for you. However, I guess the way you do it forces people to voice their opinion which is not a bad either.

Best Overall player: ZDFire, his matches were way harder than enchant's imo
Best OU player: enchanteur, no doubt about it
Best UU player: ZDFire
Best NU player: SejuaniSupport, tempted to say moisessss, but Seju played from the start
Best Doubles player: gbweed xdddd
Best DPP OU player: XPLOZ
Best SM OU player: Raptori
Breakout player of the season: Cogeid

Best pick/buy: Cogeid 
Worst pick/buy: idk
Best manager: TheChampionMike, bringing a team that lost 7-1 week 1 and 5-3 week 2 to 1st place by the end of week 6 is no easy task
Worst manager: EricTheGreat

Meme player of the season: idk

32 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Are you implying he had anything to do with this season? Please. 

Lmfao more so than Mike who has been carried by zeb and kay. Guy couldn't even respond to a trade offer without them and at midseason I was just talking to them. 

Zebra is their real manager. Hell mike wasnt even allowed to post the roster he wanted in week 5.

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Lmfao more so than Mike who has been carried by zeb and kay. Guy couldn't even respond to a trade offer without them and at midseason I was just talking to them. 

Zebra is their real manager. Hell mike wasnt even allowed to post the roster he wanted in week 5.

That's why I said I didn't know how involved he was, kudos to whoever was the real manager. Still pre sure keith wasn't too involved too.

11 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I don't remember making up a roster in week 5 lol. Did try to manipulate yangsam vs kanzo though

7 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

That's why I said I didn't know how involved he was, kudos to whoever was the real manager. Still pre sure keith wasn't too involved too.

Ya, there really is no criteria for "best manager". So whether that is ensuring your team is competing at its best, you are actively team building for your mates, you are making beneficial trades, or just drafting a decent team (lol)... idk. I can say I've tried my best at being there in every way possible. We are machokes though. 

8 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

Pretty sure walpayer was sitting somewhere around top 3 of the OU leaderboard, aka the no life it until your number is high board. so by no means did he look inactive. like yeah sure you can pretend you had some kind of foresight, but no. 

don't worry gb i'll quote you too.

Na, it was no foresight lol. I'm pretty sure(this was like 8 weeks ago) Walpayer was not active, who cares if he was 3rd, it would take him a while to drop down even if he didn't play. 

Just now, KaynineXL said:

Na, it was no foresight lol. I'm pretty sure(this was like 8 weeks ago) Walpayer was not active, who cares if he was 3rd, it would take him a while to drop down even if he didn't play. 

I know walpayer and I can vouch for kay, he was really not that active.

Best Overall player: ENCANTO, he managed to get away with an amazing 5-0 in OU in a changing meta, flexxing af when his team needed him, when a player goes 7-0, adapting to the needs of his team, and carrying the Machokes every week, he deserves to get this award. Even if his opponents weren't as good as ZD's as the competition in OU was easier, he proved everyone he is the best player by winning all his games.
Best OU player: ENCANTO, insane 5-0 in a changing meta.
Best UU player: Tough one, there was a great competition this season in UU, really enjoyable to watch, I guess ZDFire is the one that proved the most by defeating big players. Axoa Pvp God and Zebra Biaised Host not far behind at all.
Best NU player: Sej, there wasn't a lot of competition in NU this season sadly, special mention to moisesssss who did rly good.
Best Doubles player: Lord Gbwead deserves the spot, flexxing hard and demonstrating he can play any tier in the game. Holidays stopped him from getting a better record this season. He defeated his direct opponents for the award : TJ and PBJ. Special mention to them.
Best DPP OU player: XPLOZ is a monster, he dominated a really good DPP tier this season and deserves the award with a 5-2 record.

Best SM OU player: Raptori, ending the season with a nice 5-2 record, I'd rank him above Coge and Frexaz that played only 3 games.
Breakout player of the season: Hard to tell, prolly Frexaz, Coge or moisesssss.

Best pick/buy: Axoa, the value he brought to the team being #9 draft pick is only comparable with encanto's 7-0 record, but I'd still put Axoa first since he carried Monkeys, winning the first 5 weeks and assuring Monkeys a place in playoffs on top of fulfilling his captain role perfectly. His last 2 losses were due to end game deciding RNG against him and it could have gone either way.
Worst pick/buy: Hard to tell, there were a lot of costly and awful buys this season, Sparkie for 16.5k, Murci for 8.5k, Kevola for 15.5k, Toast 16k, BlueBreath drafted, Bowser for 21k, Schuchty drafted, Zigh drafted, Fabro drafted, the competition for this award was really hard, they didn't match the expectations for a reason or another (rip Zigh's pc).
Best manager: YUBEL, he managed the monkeys like a god, leading them to the #1 spot at the end of the regular season, and a good spot at winning this PSL.
Worst manager: Eric and Coolio both did a really poor draft, and didn't give to their team the help they needed to get past this difficulty.
Meme player of the season: Well, it's either Gbwead or Tranz for different reasons. But let's not be mean and say TheMaxiPro.

Edited by Kamimiii

@BlackJovi I see you take an interest in me. I am glad, make sure you pay the 500k you owe me since I am such a big part of your life.

Now before any 12-year old (mental) aged edgy kid comments on this ridiculous subject, let me ask you all about your managers. Did you have someone who spent a lot of time before the draft to price every manager and go by a frame as the auction proceedes? Did your manager talk to each player individually before the season start, to see who is available when, what tiers they play and watch them spar against their teammates to assess their playstyle and levels? Did your manager leave an opinion and have open discussions in each tier about team compositions and what to expect from their opponents? Did your manager reward your team for winning? Did your manager sent long messages assessing crucial weeks and performance?

If you have time to play the game all day and browse forums on mobile while your mom is wiping your posteriors, good for you. But some people have career paths, full time/overtime jobs, do this as a hobby even if they are not active in game anymore, and if a manager used their breaks from work to message their team on discord, I'd say they're pretty dedicated. And the results show. If you don't see me, it doesn't mean I am not there. That's why other captains voting for the best manager is only a silly popularity contest. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.