[PSL 8] Quarterfinals

On 14.08.2017 at 5:36 AM, DoubleJ said:

Better hit the weights skinny boy. We'll c u then. 

CU

On 14.08.2017 at 5:29 AM, DoubleJ said:

My advice, play your match before opening your mouth. 

#flexxxwithmebabe

cu

On 14.08.2017 at 2:28 AM, DoubleJ said:

Can honestly say you've triggered me. Piata didn't show up for the time period he said "yes" to. Jovi said Piata would be there when Bow got off work, but then they still missed the sub. 

No dodging on Bow's part, more like pinata got scared. 

Daryl got that GG though, came down to the speed tie and he clutched. Kinda disappointed you weren't man enough to play in the tie-breaker. Would have felt good seeing your ass smeared across the playing field.  

cu

On 13.08.2017 at 11:47 PM, DoubleJ said:

Haha, you've got a long way to advancing still bro. 

cu

On 14.08.2017 at 9:19 PM, DoubleJ said:

enchanteur!!!!!!!

#MACHOKES 

#JUSTAFORMALITY

#ONEDOWNTWOTOGO

cu

On 14.08.2017 at 11:17 PM, DoubleJ said:

Fuck you we're going for the 3-0 For dominance. 

cu

On 14.08.2017 at 2:34 AM, DoubleJ said:

God damn it's gonna feel good to 3-0 these ass clowns (feel bad for u @DestructX)

cu

On 14.08.2017 at 2:53 AM, DoubleJ said:

We can't lose now. 

cu

On 14.08.2017 at 5:19 AM, DoubleJ said:

@Frexa, this fucking guy. Struggled in DPP this season after being the second highest bid and now he thinks he can step up to the Lord? Ok. 

cu

No wonder he's sitting quiet now when he got his ass whoopped, waiting for complaints about how rng was unfair etc etc. At the end there's only a guy who managed 4 times out of 6 possible, never won, lead his team to first 8-0 in PSL history...

C U

On 13/08/2017 at 11:46 PM, DoubleJ said:

I would like to say a few words for our most recently departed teams:

• @DaftCoolio - You pulled a FireLion and went from Champion to last place, although he did win back-to-back. Your career as a manager may be over after this, but let us not forget the good times you brought. Thank you for NikhilR bro. He really hasn't done much though. 

So 3 terrible runs count you out too, right?

7 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

Obviously Nikhilr had the game, Fipp did too many misplays.

1- One does not simply setup a FLAIL Zangoose when Golem is not just alive, but also 100% hp, yes he got lucky with the 1hp live.
2- Switching Venusaur to Arcanine was obvious imo, as Arcanine could handle an hp fire and a Thunderbolt as well, but Nikhilr did the right move ( Thunderbolt ) and ended up paralyzing Arcanine ( which didn't matter ).

But then, Linoone clutched. 
+1 252+ Atk Altaria Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Linoone: 112-133 (60.5 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO ( assuming you're full atk which you're not, he could still pull a belly drum once healed by his berry. )
Did Fipp deserve the win ? I'd say yes, as he could still setup the Linoone vs Altaria 

That was the best analysis of the game indeed. I played better and I didn't win, that's a part of the game that I accept. The linoone was always going to live dclaw because I didn't have attack investment. I didn't think the zangoose live with 1 hp mattered all that much until he revealed linoone. I think that's a problem that will be solved by team preview. If we had team preview, then I could play out the scenario much differently by attacking goose with gyara till it is 50% and then beat it with Golem. 

Did Fipp deserve the win? It's hard to say because he won the game more or less based on matchup as linoone could set up vs potentially everything bar gyara / mag. You can say that I made mistakes, but my mistakes would only be in relation to what fipp's last was and not mistakes in general. Predicting your opponent to have a linoone was out of the question and had I known it then I could have kept magneton alive so that gyara could get another intimidate. But as I said earlier, a part of the game. 

2 hours ago, NikhilR said:

That was the best analysis of the game indeed. I played better and I didn't win, that's a part of the game that I accept. The linoone was always going to live dclaw because I didn't have attack investment. I didn't think the zangoose live with 1 hp mattered all that much until he revealed linoone. I think that's a problem that will be solved by team preview. If we had team preview, then I could play out the scenario much differently by attacking goose with gyara till it is 50% and then beat it with Golem. 

Did Fipp deserve the win? It's hard to say because he won the game more or less based on matchup as linoone could set up vs potentially everything bar gyara / mag. You can say that I made mistakes, but my mistakes would only be in relation to what fipp's last was and not mistakes in general. Predicting your opponent to have a linoone was out of the question and had I known it then I could have kept magneton alive so that gyara could get another intimidate. But as I said earlier, a part of the game. 

I do agree I was lucky because I overall had a better matchup, since all I had to do to win was weaken golem a bit before setting up lino to sweep, and I even got a lucky 2hp live on zang to help me kill golem, but I still think I could've weakened golem with spikes if the burn on venu didn't make me sac skarm. The burn on venu wasn't really lucky bc iirc it's a 30% chance for tri to give status and you used it multiple times, so I probably would've ran into the same scenario no matter what. However, I could've killed mag with hpfire and sac'd venu, but instead let it kill skarm, which I needed a lot for golem. Anyways idk if any of that made sense but my point is like most battles, there is probably going to be hax, which is apart of the game, and it could've gone either way regardless of the hax imo. I think you prob still deserved the win more, since you're actually good at the game while I on the other hand borrowed 10 comps for 1 battle. Only won cuz blazikens #1 tbh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.