[PSL 8] Quarterfinals

Just now, Kamimiii said:

2/3 chance in his favor = extremely lucky for him ? wat

And the roll that clearly got him to 1 hp. It's crazy how y'all are acting like he deserved the win. 

EDIT: Regardless I should have played better and that is on me. 

Edited by NikhilR
6 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

And the roll that clearly got him to 1 hp. It's crazy how y'all are acting like he deserved the win. 

EDIT: Regardless I should have played better and that was on me. 

Well it's not the first time he's extremely lucky against us.

2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Nik, come on, you are acting like the burn on Venusaur along with the paralyze on Arcanine didn't matter either... If you're pointing out "hax" somewhere, be objective at least, the burn fucked up Venusaur a lot and made Fipp sac the Skarm to Magneton.

3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Nik, come on, you are acting like the burn on Venusaur along with the paralyze on Arcanine didn't matter either... If you're pointing out "hax" somewhere, be objective at least, the burn fucked up Venusaur a lot and made Fipp sac the Skarm to Magneton.

difference being he didn't need the burn on venu, he didn't need the para on arca, the team could handle them just fine, he did indeed need the live on golem or linoone wouldn't have done it

Just now, RysPicz said:

The burn on Venusaur hardly mattered because as Lazaaro pointed out, that Venusaur had no coverage against Magneton. The only option would be to stall out the hp fire while I would have then played it differently. I don't think that had a huge effect in the overall outcome of the match imo but do correct me if I'm wrong. The paralyze on Arcanine didn't matter either especially since he switched it in on a misplay and Arcanine didn't look like it was threatening at all. 

1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

The burn on Venusaur hardly mattered because as Lazaaro pointed out, that Venusaur had no coverage against Magneton. The only option would be to stall out the hp fire while I would have then played it differently. I don't think that had a huge effect in the overall outcome of the match imo but do correct me if I'm wrong. The paralyze on Arcanine didn't matter either especially since he switched it in on a misplay and Arcanine didn't look like it was threatening at all. 

Venu was HP fire dude

Just now, NikhilR said:

What? That Venu was HP fire and it was calm as you saw, it could not only stall out your Magnet due to lifeorb damage but also KO it. And like I said, imo, it did have a big effect on the game- Fipp ended up sacing Skarm because of this one burn, instead of using Venu itself to defeat the Magnet.

After Skarm would lay down 3 layers, how would Golem enjoy switching in and losing it's sturdy?

It's always easy to say how your opponet's RNG mattered and what you got, did not at all, it was meaningless... That doesn't even suit you Nik.

Just now, Kamimiii said:

Venu was HP fire dude

Just now, RysPicz said:

What? That Venu was HP fire and it was calm as you saw, it could not only stall out your Magnet due to lifeorb damage but also KO it. And like I said, imo, it did have a big effect on the game- Fipp ended up sacing Skarm because of this one burn, instead of using Venu itself to defeat the Magnet.

After Skarm would lay down 3 layers, how would Golem enjoy switching in and losing it's sturdy?

It's always easy to say how your opponet's RNG mattered and what you got, did not at all, it was meaningless... That doesn't even suit you Nik.

Just now, NikhilR said:

I was going by what he said. 

Obviously Nikhilr had the game, Fipp did too many misplays.

1- One does not simply setup a FLAIL Zangoose when Golem is not just alive, but also 100% hp, yes he got lucky with the 1hp live.
2- Switching Venusaur to Arcanine was obvious imo, as Arcanine could handle an hp fire and a Thunderbolt as well, but Nikhilr did the right move ( Thunderbolt ) and ended up paralyzing Arcanine ( which didn't matter ).

But then, Linoone clutched. 
+1 252+ Atk Altaria Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Linoone: 112-133 (60.5 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO ( assuming you're full atk which you're not, he could still pull a belly drum once healed by his berry. )
Did Fipp deserve the win ? I'd say yes, as he could still setup the Linoone vs Altaria 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.