Are there still people playing this? (why is the server so empty?)

Hi there,

I wanted to play this game again after years of absence, but it seems there are no more people online, or atleast very few.

Years ago, Viridian City (gen3) was all filled with people, now there is nobody and only 2 or 3 spanish guys in the chat.

Where are people now? Whats the server pop even? Am I just looking at the wrong place or what is going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lots of people have left the game because new features arent being added to base mechanics that keep players attached to the game. While new content comes out once every 2 years, the only thing that will keep players interested is battling. And for the people who arent a fan of grinding for hours, like me, you get cast aside for the most part. So yeah welcome back.

1 hour ago, Quakkz said:

i kinda doubt that there are less People in the past, even tho the game really Needs new content

There are actually a lot of people still playing. I remember when I was in your team in GXNO long time ago. I am still here ;P and the game is gonna get a huge update soon so it's fine.

Do not forget it is Summer on the Northern hemisphere. Lot's of people are on a holiday and most of the people do not play much if at all when they are away. And when the weather is good people do go outside more cutting there playtime.

Having access to 2 regions worth of hunting, leveling, EVing and grinding money spots make the playerbase very spread out as well. With Unova we may see more of this uneven distribution, regardless if the game has even more players.  I used to even be a huge proponate for new regions until@Kyu shared his vision for the game by stating "We don't want PokeMMO to be as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle."  Let's see what MMO features Unova will have and perhaps we will mostly be there from now on. While stepping into this unknown territory only time will tell.

Edited by Xatu