[PSL 8] Week Seven

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bilburt said:

When is frexa vs forfi happening???

Was supposed to be yesterday but Frex didn't show up, we tried re-scheduling but his time is absolutely horrible for me (1-4am), so I'm hoping he will hop on earlier and we can get this done before I will have to go to sleep/ work. All the info is in Frex's profile as I couldn't PM him on forums from fucking phone

6 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

RIP, I lost to Gunt. Sorry team

Lack of DPP experience :/ didn't know tpunch wasn't used on Dnites.

I take it as a compliment. 

Good plays at the beginning when I wanted to take down bliss tho. I guess it was "phoned".

But yeah the problem of this stall team is that its weak to leech seed shaymin. Played an offensive one with leech tho but it still worked. 

It's true that nite rarely has tpunch, but yo the foretress here wasn't that bad since I was probably going for a big outrage cb. Gyara was still a decent check.

replay : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-613943322

Edited by XPLOZ
3 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

But yeah the problem of this stall team is that its weak to leech seed shaymin. Played an offensive one with leech tho but it still worked. 

I thought you were spdef leech Shaymin for the longest time tbh. But offensive leech is interesting. Unfortunately the only mon that counters kg stall was the one you brought. But it was a great match. Well played XPLOZ. 

5 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

I take it as a compliment. 

Good plays at the beginning when I wanted to take down bliss tho. I guess it was "phoned".

It's true that nite rarely has tpunch, but yo the foretress here wasn't that bad since I was probably going for a big outrage cb. Gyara was still a decent check.

Opps sorry, Gunt was talking a lot in chat, so that's probably the reason lol.

Yeh I knew leech seed Shaymin wasn't fun for me, I could have stalled it but I guess I'm not a stall type of guy, I like balanced/balanced offense. When I'm forced to stall I get impatient, maybe that's what we saw right there with Forre. Forre was my win con probs, risking it like that was too much even though I thought it was unlikely you would fire punch. Had I known Tpunch wasn't common on Dnite, Gyara would probs be the switch regardless of Outrage. Oh well, I live and learn. GG

Edited by KaynineXL
46 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Was supposed to be yesterday but Frex didn't show up, we tried re-scheduling but his time is absolutely horrible for me (1-4am), so I'm hoping he will hop on earlier and we can get this done before I will have to go to sleep/ work. All the info is in Frex's profile as I couldn't PM him on forums from fucking phone

This is pretty much how Kaero got activity win against Cogeid last week. I'm hoping the host shows actual consistency for a change.

LF call @BurntZebra

1 minute ago, TheChampionMike said:

I thought you were spdef leech Shaymin for the longest time tbh. But offensive leech is interesting. Unfortunately the only mon that counters kg stall was the one you brought. But it was a great match. Well played XPLOZ. 

My reasoning (since this was once again a teambuild of mine) :

Was hesitating between celebi and shaymin first (since I needed to compensate my general weakness to water types). I decided that a defensive celebi would be too passive in this bulky offensive team, so I went for an offensive shaymin (which is often played 3 moves + rest) but I removed rest for leech to : 1- lure the classic leech/protect set, 2- put more pressure on pure stall teams.

1 minute ago, XPLOZ said:

My reasoning (since this was once again a teambuild of mine) :

Was hesitating between celebi and shaymin first (since I needed to compensate my general weakness to water types). I decided that a defensive celebi would be too passive in this bulky offensive team, so I went for an offensive shaymin (which is often played 3 moves + rest) but I removed rest for leech to : 1- lure the classic leech/protect set, 2- put more pressure on pure stall teams.

Fair play, definitly well thought out team. Sadly as Kaynine said isn't so experienced in DPP OU so expected a tpunch. Gyarados was in my opinion a no draw back play. Even if you did outrage Gyara would've been able to live easily. I believe it takes like 45% from a -1 banded adamant outrage. And then double to Forretress to get up more hazards. But I can completely understand the reason why Kaynine made the play. Sadly it ended up losing the game for him for the most part.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

What I don't understand is how XPLOZ can be 2 seasons in a row the best DPP player. You guys all suck.

@Gunthug might get the title, if he wins against oltan (gogo @Oltan , if you need any secret practice tell me lol)

24 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Unfortunately the only mon that counters kg stall was the one you brought. 

Also like many stall teams it get crushed by good bp teams