[PSL 8] Week Seven

7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

gonna write a letter to tyrone to get zebra kicked out of TC

377c2157befa3ff7b3d5bd06dac4571e.png

maybe I should have just let you get banished from TC forever then

Also side note:

I swear I knew probability when we learned it in like 10th grade of high school, anyways a 3.7% error is fine for day to day living in my books. 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BurntZebra said:

377c2157befa3ff7b3d5bd06dac4571e.png

maybe I should have just let you get banished from TC forever then

Also side note:

I swear I knew probability when we learned it in like 10th grade of high school, anyways a 3.7% error is fine for day to day living in my books. 

I know man. It's called tough love, I truly appreciate what you did. Was just joking ^^

3 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

you'd find the odds of NOT critting in 5 turns and then subtract that from 1. so like 1-(15/16)^5 which comes to 27.58% 

Hide contents

a bit too far there zeb

Yeah, that's what I did. Don't understand Gb's method though haha

4 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

So while I was on my phone under the table in class, that is what you guys were learning?

huh, cool

I'd like to point out I didn't learn that math in school because school (or at least my school) was a useless pile of shit.

I learned how that math works myself specifically so I could get saltier about shiny hunting. you do the same thing to find out the odds of finding a shiny in x number of encounters. 

1-(8191/8192)^(x) 

x being the amount of encounters you plan to do. mind you gambler's fallacy etc etc, its just if you look at it like "okay im gonna go do 1000 encounters, how likely am i to find a shiny?" 

mind you thats with real shiny rates in other pokemon games not our piece of shit 1/40million

Edited by Rigamorty