[PSL 8] Week Seven

6 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

For future weeks, players may submit their teams to me in case we have another situation like this or an unexpected DC. 

Also if either player is caught changing sets on any of their pokemon, they will receive a red card and will not be able to play in the playoffs. 

Show strategies to another player of the tournament, it is not mistrust, but it is not good, for next seasons, if the host dont participate, can be good

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rigamorty said:

You're really missing my point here. the point is you can't prove anyone had any move other than the revealed ones, so you can't say at all whose favor it was in. By that logic your clefable had 0 attacking moves but at least we saw u-turn on scizor which eventually kills, so he was in favor then right? because i can't prove he had superpower and you can't prove you weren't running anything other than calm mind.

Regarding me having ONLY calm mind, this is a team I've laddered with. I double check my teams to see if everything is perfect. If I notice something out of place, then I immediately announce it before turn 1 to rematch. That's what I spend my time with the 10 min. I did the same with Gunthug in PSL 6 when I noticed the HP on Zapdos was wrong. He can confirm this on my behalf.

So assuming that what I'm saying is true, it doesn't make sense from my perspective to give a rematch with diff teams.

Edited by NikhilR
Just now, Nawe said:

Show strategies to another player of the tournament, it is not mistrust, but it is not good, for next seasons, if the host dont participate, can be good

If it is a match my team is involved in, then they may submit it to another trustworthy individual, if they would prefer. 

I will do as host says, and I won't be scum and change my set. But, the fact that this went to a replication boggles my mind. If PSL is about competitiveness then I think its more competitive to have a fresh DPP match than to hold an artificial game in which hax can change both of our positions massively before the actual replicated situation. If I EQ crit turn 1, do we play another one? Does he still goto skarmory? There is infinite scenarios in which one of us gets unfairly fucked over. I think Nik and I have enough respect for the game and league that we wouldn't change our sets, but the possibility is still there. And the possibility of getting screwed by something that wasn't going to happen in the first game is stupid. The DC was unnatural and no ones fault, but the way the situation was handled is pretty bullshit. I agree with Zeb's new team revealing thing on paper, and no situation like this will ever happen again. But why should, hypothetically speaking, Nik or I get screwed over by a scummy set change or dumb hax that happens exclusively in game 2, where instead we could have fresh match? There was no rule in place, and so why not have a clean slate, instead of a made up instanteous rule made by one individual..

But whatever, even though I think the replication is stupid, I will go through with it. 

Edited by Kimikozen
11 minutes ago, DestructX said:

This is gonna be funny when Flygon reveals screech and nobody can say shit to Kimi about it since it was an unrevealed move. Just saying that recreating a battle is very stupid since too many things have to go correctly for it to work out. 

At this point though i don't care and I just want to see a battle

"Sadly" this point is totally true. If this happens, will kimi be accused of cheating ? 

4 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

I will do as host says, and I won't be scum and change my set. But, the fact that this went to a replication boggles my mind. If PSL is about competitiveness then I think its more competitive to have a fresh DPP match than to hold an artificial game in which hax can change both of our positions massively before the actual replicated situation. If I EQ crit turn 1, do we play another one? Does he still goto skarmory? There is infinite scenarios in which one of us gets unfairly fucked over. I think Nik and I have enough respect for the game and league that we wouldn't change our sets, but the possibility is still there. And the possibility of getting screwed by something that wasn't going to happen in the first game is stupid. The DC was unnatural and no ones fault, but the way the situation was handled is pretty bullshit. I agree with Zeb's new team revealing thing on paper, and no situation like this will ever happen again. But why should, hypothetically speaking, Nik or I get screwed over by a scummy set change or dumb hax that happens exclusively in game 2, where instead we could have fresh match? There was no rule in place, and so why not have a clean slate, instead of a made up instanteous rule made by one individual..

But whatever, even though I think the replication is stupid, I will go through with it. 

The way you get to the end result doesn't matter. If will o wisp misses vs flygon, then just eq again, not a hard concept.

As for SPL, recreations are a fairly common practice for weird accidents where the server freezes or someone disconnects and both players would prefer to just play it out from where they left off, instead of starting on a new blank slate, so let's not pretend replications are not competitive all of a sudden. 

14 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

There is no right decision when you're the host. You'll always piss a group of people off no matter what you do. Anyone who thinks Nik didn't deserve that win doesn't know dpp, we should just be happy that the actual outcome was by far the most likely outcome had the shutdown not happened. 

I basically agree. I just don't agree with the fact that variables outside of hax inside the game could affect the second game most likely outcome, no matter who it favors.

But in any scenario, Nik deserves the win now based on rules Zeb set. idc what other people say about zeb or his calls but those opinions don't reflect mine. Also sorry about being salty in showdown chat and shoving hypotheticals down ppls throats but i was just trying to prove my point + in the moment saltiness.  

Edited by Kimikozen
1 minute ago, Kimikozen said:

I basically agree. I just don't agree with the fact that variables outside of hax inside the game could affect the second game most likely outcome, no matter who it favors.

But in any scenario, Nik deserves the win now based on rules Zeb set. idc what other people say about zeb or his calls but those opinions don't reflect mine. Also sorry about being salty in showdown chat and shoving hypotheticals down ppls throats but i was just trying to prove my point + in the moment saltiness.  

Yeah thats fair, i think the main problem is that there is no real "fair" solution here. A full rematch is obviously largely unfair to Nik, and the attempted recreation was always going to be a little unfair to you. Tough choice for the host, I think you've gotta give the edge there to the person who was in the better position to win. But again, frustration is understandable when stupid shit like a server shutdown gets in the way of psl

Just now, Gunthug said:

Yeah thats fair, i think the main problem is that there is no real "fair" solution here. A full rematch is obviously largely unfair to Nik, and the attempted recreation was always going to be a little unfair to you. Tough choice for the host, I think you've gotta give the edge there to the person who was in the better position to win. But again, frustration is understandable when stupid shit like a server shutdown gets in the way of psl

Where the fuck where u when the eq hit me huh? HUH? T.T *Cry alone in a corner*