[PSL 8] Week Seven

Just now, Rigamorty said:

both with unrevealed moves, making it not a certainty in this situation. I'm really just trying to look at this from a logical and unbiased standpoint (i have literally 0 reason to care who wins in this match and don't really like either one of you more than the other) as to how I think the match should be decided, and the only sensible thing to me here would be a rematch. 

I know you're trying to be logical, but we can also apply a bit of common sense in this situation as well. It's like me saying that then Kimi could have 100% NOT won the game since he hasn't shown superpower and without that he can 100% not break the fable and the game is then STILL in my favor. 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

I know you're trying to be logical, but we can also apply a bit of common sense in this situation as well. It's like me saying that then Kimi could have 100% NOT won the game since he hasn't shown superpower and without that he can 100% not break the fable and the game is then STILL in my favor. 

Whats the problem with rematching with different teams?

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

I just don't see remaking a battle as a viable solution to this, and trying to call it based on what could've been and with unrevealed sets just doesn't sit right with me. 

There's not too much uncertainty/unrevealed sets from my viewpoint in the match. Everything was revealed or was a fairly standard set (bolt beam is pretty standard on a cm clefable).

Just now, NikhilR said:

That implies it's a matter of calculating likely circumstances and then deciding based on who was more likely based on some kind of percent based probability. Does that sound like what I'm saying is the case? I'm saying fuck all theory in every way and just rematch it because that's most fair given the uncertainty of the situation, and the fact that the server crashed, meaning its not like it was in either players power to end it there.

Just now, BlackJovi said:

Theres a lot of room for changing sets now that both players know what the other is running since there were a couple of moves still unrevealed, I know both players are "trustworthy", but diff teams rematch would be the logic path here. I dont really see why this would be a problem lol.

How do you not see this as a problem? The odds for me to win are so HIGHLY in my favor. Why should I accept a rematch? If you guys were so damn confident that you had the game then why should there be a problem to recreate it play by play?

Just now, BurntZebra said:

There's not too much uncertainty/unrevealed sets from my viewpoint in the match. Everything was revealed or was a fairly standard set (bolt beam is pretty standard on a cm clefable).

that's making an assumption based on probability and that seems stupid to me here. 

That implies it's a matter of calculating likely circumstances and then deciding based on who was more likely based on some kind of percent based probability. Does that sound like what I'm saying is the case? I'm saying fuck all theory in every way and just rematch it because that's most fair given the uncertainty of the situation, and the fact that the server crashed, meaning its not like it was in either players power to end it there.

Then let me explain the math from my point of view. I had a 6.5% chance of losing that game. That's a number I will always gladly take while going into a match. Whereas a rematch with different teams is an unpredictable number. 

Just now, NikhilR said:

Then let me explain the math from my point of view. I had a 6.5% chance of losing that game. That's a number I will always gladly take while going into a match. Whereas a rematch with different teams is an unpredictable number. 

ew math

Just now, NikhilR said:

We don't know for a fact that you had a 6.5% chance of winning though. We don't know if you're 252/252+ for sure, we don't know if you had a healing move, we don't even know if you really had a move other than calm mind, i've literally gone into a match with a poke with 3 moves in psl because im a little stupid (still won get fucked gunthug) it's just the fact that in all fairness, it could've gone either way and zebra operating under "well yeah i mean that's the standard so he can't possibly have not had that" doesn't seem right to me. 

My decision is final, unless both players decide that they would prefer to rematch with new teams (which doesn't seem to be the case currently). I have faith in both players that neither will change their sets from the original match, as that is against what PSL is all about. I will supervise the replication of the match to make sure it is accurate as well. 

We don't know for a fact that you had a 6.5% chance of winning though. We don't know if you're 252/252+ for sure, we don't know if you had a healing move, we don't even know if you really had a move other than calm mind, i've literally gone into a match with a poke with 3 moves in psl because im a little stupid (still won get fucked gunthug) it's just the fact that in all fairness, it could've gone either way and zebra operating under "well yeah i mean that's the standard so he can't possibly have not had that" doesn't seem right to me. 

1) I was 252 hp / def bold. Why? There's no reason for me to run calm when I have a spdef Rotom + Blissey. For further proof:

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 94-112 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Kimi's Starmie did 22%, which means that he wasn't 252 spak. 

2) If I wasn't running a healing move, give me another alternative as to what I could have been running.

3) If you can't prove to me that Kimi's Scizor had Superpower, the win is still in my favor correct? 

4) Also regarding me having ONLY calm mind, this is a team I've laddered with. I double check my teams to see if everything is perfect. If I notice something out of place, then I immediately announce it to rematch. That's what I spend my time with the 10 min we spend waiting. I did the same with Gunthug in PSL 6 when I noticed the HP on Zapdos was wrong. 

Edited by NikhilR

I was wondering what would happen if the server crashes some days ago lol...

From my point of view, nik was probably going to win.

BUT I agree with people who are saying that it's dumb to recrate the situation, as we don't know how was this clefable (in terms of EVs, moves). 

I'm pretty sure nik doesn't lie and a rematch could be kinda unfair for him, but competitively it's wrong to recreate a situation where players can change their sets. 

For future weeks, players may submit their teams to me in case we have another situation like this or an unexpected DC. 

Also if either player is caught changing sets on any of their pokemon, they will receive a red card and will not be able to play in the playoffs. 

Edited by BurntZebra
2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

what team is riga on?

gain train, we're completely uninvolved from the entire season at this point.

1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

1) I was 252 hp / def bold. Why? There's no reason for me to run calm when I have a spdef Rotom + Blissey. For further proof:

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 94-112 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Kimi's Starmie did 22%, which means that he wasn't 252 spak. 

2) If I wasn't running a healing move, give me another alternative as to what I could have been running.

3) If you can't prove to me that Kimi's Scizor had Superpower, the win is still in my favor correct? 

You're really missing my point here. the point is you can't prove anyone had any move other than the revealed ones, so you can't say at all whose favor it was in. By that logic your clefable had 0 attacking moves but at least we saw u-turn on scizor which eventually kills, so he was in favor then right? because i can't prove he had superpower and you can't prove you weren't running anything other than calm mind.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

Why not just generate a random number from 0.01 to 100 and if that number is below or equal to 6.25, kimi gets the win. Otherwise, nik gets the win.

0f87ce1569b467f16c0e8672420beb56.png

alright Nik wins 

Kimi can play around it a bit more than just relying on a crit. Draco meteor could crit and gg clefable. Scizor can obviously superpower crit and ko.