Thinking about Flygon

All we know Flygon is an OU pokemon bet, what is gonna happen to this beast when unova arrives?

i make this question bc this pokemon got the move dragon dance in 5 gen

this move with only 1 use can make it easily unstoppable bc of he´s not poor movepool so what is gonna happen with im is gonna be an uber?

Example:

Dusclops with evolite cant stop it bc

1st turn

Dusclops use will o wisp then flygon uses dragon dance

Dusclops use sismic toss then flygon uses dragon dance (again) so he gets a x2 speed boost and attack fixed another dragon dance and ggez

ik some people is gonna say Ferrothom with lech seed,giga drain and bla bla bla... (he got fire punch and flametrowher so ggez x2)

so i want to question to all of u 

any form to stop this beast with only 2 dragon dances?

its posible to keep it in OU?

(sorry for bad english)

Edited by MasterKillerZero

It's likely that it will be overshadowed by other Dragon Dancers if they remain in OU. Salamence, Dragonite, and Haxorus come to mind with their significantly higher attack stats and useful abilities. Although Flygon has an immunity to electric moves and ground STAB, its raw power is lacking compared to its competitors and its ground typing takes away its water/grass resistance. Its Stealth Rock resistance works to its advantage at least.

As far as counters go, Skarmory and Bronzong (if it's available) resist Outrage and are immune to Earthquake. Bulky water types also do fairly well against it, especially if carrying Ice Beam. Regardless of its boosts, a reasonably powerful Ice Shard can also take Flygon out, especially if it's locked into Outrage and unable to switch out. Like most physical attackers, a burn will cripple it too.

Flygon is potentially quite scary if it's allowed to set up, but it's not without its checks and counters and is outclassed in many aspects by its competitors. Its typing might give it a niche, but it just doesn't have the raw power (and bulk in the cases of Intimidate Salamence and especially Multiscale Dragonite) that the other dragons have and isn't likely to see much OU usage unless its competitors end up in ubers.

This is all just speculation though - I could end up being wrong.

Edited by RacheLucario

Ice shard exists in gen 4+ so that's one thing that stops it immediately if for some god forsaken reason you let it get to +2. Also Focus Sash.

The scarier thought it scarfed dragons spamming base 120 outrage 

Sorry for derailing the thread, but I'm a lot more worried about Skill Link Cloyster @Focus Sash with Shell Smash / Rock Blast / Icicle Spear / Ice Shard.

Seriously, I'm afraid that thing will become OU's premier sweeper, specially if Focus Sash is allowed.

2 hours ago, HowLXG said:

Sorry for derailing the thread, but I'm a lot more worried about Skill Link Cloyster @Focus Sash with Shell Smash / Rock Blast / Icicle Spear / Ice Shard.

Seriously, I'm afraid that thing will become OU's premier sweeper, specially if Focus Sash is allowed.

there's something called drain punch and extreme speed on lucario

1 hour ago, HowLXG said:

So many things would wall that set.

3 hours ago, Takens said:

there's something called drain punch and extreme speed on lucario

Muh centralization

1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

So many things would wall that set.

True, but if Ferrothorn and priority users are removed, that Cloyster can sweep, hard.

What about special Flygon, guys? Remember that moves as Draco meteor will come to us with unova, and so Earth power. The special one is good as physical. But flygon will be totally outclassed by others pokemon such as hydreigon.

1 hour ago, Ryoz said:

What about special Flygon, guys? Remember that moves as Draco meteor will come to us with unova, and so Earth power. The special one is good as physical. But flygon will be totally outclassed by others pokemon such as hydreigon.

Earthquake > Earth Power imo so you're not exactly forced to switch out after blasting one of those Meteors. Also just usually better to split STAB moves between physical/special so you get to dent most type of walls, current mixed Blazikens in OU are a good example of this.

U-Turn Flygon is the shit tho, forces lots of switches so 90%+ of the times you're guaranteed free momentum with it.

22 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Earthquake > Earth Power imo so you're not exactly forced to switch out after blasting one of those Meteors. Also just usually better to split STAB moves between physical/special so you get to dent most type of walls, current mixed Blazikens in OU are a good example of this.

U-Turn Flygon is the shit tho, forces lots of switches so 90%+ of the times you're guaranteed free momentum with it.

I can get behind this, base 80 SpAtk isn't going to be nearly as threatening, as Flygons Atk is even slightly too low without any buffs to do major damage. The real threats to come from gen 5 other than dragon spam ofc is Volt-turning which before Knock off got buffed I would say are considered the best moves in the game. (Stealth Rock close behind)

I can see Flygon sitting nicely as one of the few dragons not to get the boot from OU

6 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

Yeah its not like slowbro or any water type walls it either 

True, I overlooked a lot of new walls like Jellicent. Still, Shell Smash Cloyster with Skill Link would be a pretty potent sweeper for a restricted gen V OU.

3 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

I can see Flygon sitting nicely as one of the few dragons not to get the boot from OU

Will we get gen 7 movesets with the unova update? Sorry if this has been confirmed already, but I'm not sure.

Edited by HowLXG
7 hours ago, HowLXG said:

True, I overlooked a lot of new walls like Jellicent. Still, Shell Smash Cloyster with Skill Link would be a pretty potent sweeper for a restricted gen V OU.

Will we get gen 7 movesets with the unova update? Sorry if this has been confirmed already, but I'm not sure.

We should do as far as I'm aware