bring back downvotes

Just now, Kyu said:

Yep, you're right, I am terribly lazy and I don't want to go sifting through the SB after spending 6 hours working on GM tools & dungeons.

If you don't want to participate, that's fine. I don't really care. It's for people who do.

My bad I forgot you're a one man staff, and I forgot clicking suggestion box every few days to look at some new suggestions is super taxing after a long 6 hour work day, 

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

Option to downvote cuts back on the "your idea fucking sucks" type of post, since all you do to show dislike of an idea is click a button.

I dont think you actually understand what feeds trolls.

the post gonna be there, sure 1 or 2 people gonna think: i'll just downvote i wont have to tell him or her the idea sucks uguu"

i dont see how a downvote button is gonna change the forums for the better, just like a lost of somebody saying: "your idea sucks" and move on. Even kyu would be able to just look at likes and still see most voted ideas

5 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Downvotes also give you an idea of what not to do. Plus, ideas that are actually good and wanted will still be upvoted a lot.

Option to downvote cuts back on the "your idea fucking sucks" type of post, since all you do to show dislike of an idea is click a button.

Just because you upvote it doesn't mean that it's going to be implemented. This is a system to ask what you all think is important; We can judge the merit ourselves.

7 minutes ago, Gilan said:

I know that. You're a better programmer than me. But I can do this. If I did it, would you use my code and let us downvote again?

I would prefer not to.

3 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Yep, you're right, I am terribly lazy and I don't want to go sifting through the SB after spending 6 hours working on GM tools & dungeons.

If you don't want to participate, that's fine. I don't really care. It's for people who do.

This is what I've personally been focused on the past few months, in the form of "Legendary Dungeons", a concept we've flirted with since 2013. These are intended to be multiplayer experiences, scaling to 2 or 3 players, depending on the instance. Most importantly, each of them will be long and hard. I want you to lose. A lot.

b6858b518bccc9a6a89e5276c7f01c12.png

053e5e3cc086ac8cb011b15034f86640.png

3 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

My bad I forgot you're a one man staff, and I forgot clicking suggestion box every few days to look at some new suggestions is super taxing after a long 6 hour work day, 

yeh but he does something irl that you probably never knew: WORKING :)

6 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

it happens pretty often

there are a lot of bad suggestions but there hasnt been a downright awful one in months.

LOOKING AT YOU XATU

Edited by Vorred
Just now, Kyu said:

Just because you upvote it doesn't mean that it's going to be implemented. This is a system to ask what you all think is important; We can judge the merit ourselves.

Yeah, I get that some upvoted suggestions won't be added, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about downvoting things that the community clearly doesn't want. Downvotes will tell you what people think isn't wanted or important.

Just the thought that suggestions might not get attention from staff because they don't get the required amount of ebin green arrows seems dumb as shit to me. A good suggestion could get made at a low traffic time and kinda just fly under the radar, it really should be someone's job to check every suggestion and not just hope by the grace of the good community that it gets the upgoats it deserves

3 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Just the thought that suggestions might not get attention from staff because they don't get the required amount of ebin green arrows seems dumb as shit to me. A good suggestion could get made at a low traffic time and kinda just fly under the radar, it really should be someone's job to check every suggestion and not just hope by the grace of the good community that it gets the upgoats it deserves

we need more staff in general tbh

Just now, Rigamorty said:

IKrolAJ.png

If you seriously think we don't take feedback from Mods/GMs, and that nobody ever reads this forum, I don't know what to tell you.

When a thread gets down voted to a certain point it should be trashed automatically. Give us back down votes. Let the public be the judge. If it's good it'll stay high on your "list". If it's bad, it's gonna be on the top shortly, but the down votes will quickly/eventually send it into the trash pile. Make it happen, bring back down vote. Embrace democracy.

Just now, Moetal said:

When a thread gets down voted to a certain point it should be trashed automatically. Give us back down votes. Let the public be the judge. If it's good it'll stay high on your "list". If it's bad, it's gonna be on the top shortly, but the down votes will quickly/eventually send it into the trash pile. Make it happen, bring back down vote. Embrace democracy.

Vulnerable to sockpuppets. No way to restrict downvotes to content count.

Just now, Kyu said:

Vulnerable to sockpuppets. No way to restrict downvotes to content count.

Sounds like we need something to restrict the number of active forum account then, right? Pretty sure most users don't need more than one or two accounts, and anyone that does should really take a deep look at themselves. 

1 minute ago, Kyu said:

IKrolAJ.png

If you seriously think we don't take feedback from Mods/GMs, and that nobody ever reads this forum, I don't know what to tell you.

If it's already monitored then what's the problem? Why do you need to sort by strictly the amount of upvotes if every thread is going to get looked at anyway? It should be used to gauge the way people feel about a suggestion, not to bring certain things to the top of the special snowflake list for the extra attention it deserves because of all the meme arrows. And without downvoting, the upvotes do the same thing as likes in that regard. 

18 minutes ago, Moetal said:

Sounds like we need something to restrict the number of active forum account then, right? Pretty sure most users don't need more than one or two accounts, and anyone that does should really take a deep look at themselves. 

No realistic method to do so. Free emails are abundant and tying things to in-game accounts is a whole different class of vulnerabilities security-wise.

Edit: I guess we could do Ranks, but I don't like Ranks either. Too much of a bother to deal with.

15 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

If it's already monitored then what's the problem? Why do you need to sort by strictly the amount of upvotes if every thread is going to get looked at anyway? It should be used to gauge the way people feel about a suggestion, not to bring certain things to the top of the special snowflake list for the extra attention it deserves because of all the meme arrows. And without downvoting, the upvotes do the same thing as likes in that regard. 

Just because they do it too doesn't mean I don't want to see what you all think is important. When we make goals for a patch, I ask around, but there are so many things to do that it's easy to forget the details.

@Kyu

Well that's a pity.

Anyways, you fail to remember that it can apply both way. People can sockpuppet and upvote spam and discredit any suggestions. IF you disallow downvotes for fear of sockpuppeting, then you should remove upvote for the same reason.

4 minutes ago, Moetal said:

@Kyu

Well that's a pity.

Anyways, you fail to remember that it can apply both way. People can sockpuppet and upvote spam and discredit any suggestions. IF you disallow downvotes for fear of sockpuppeting, then you should remove upvote for the same reason.

45 minutes ago, Kyu said:

If you guys take the time to make 50 sockpuppet accounts and upvote everything to be annoying, I'll just ban you off the forums and reset the vote counters.

Just now, Kyu said:

If you guys take the time to make 50 sockpuppet accounts and upvote everything to be annoying, I'll just ban you off the forums and reset the vote counters.

And you can do the same for people sock puppeting down votes, can't you? I just want you to be fair, not asking for special treatments.

1 minute ago, Moetal said:

And you can do the same for people sock puppeting down votes, can't you? I just want you to be fair, not asking for special treatments.

The downvotes weren't removed solely for sockpuppeting. That's just one of the risks. I already said that the main reason is for lack of filtering and you all trolling.

Just now, Kyu said:

Why can't you do the same for sockpuppeting downvotes as well? Hell, at least let the downvote system be tested for a while instead of shutting it down almost right away.

8 minutes ago, Kyu said:

The downvotes weren't removed solely for sockpuppeting. That's just one of the risks. I already said that the main reason is for lack of filtering and you all trolling.

Your response to my first post is just concerning sockpuppet, which I've addressed. Again, voting/trolling goes both way. People can genuinely upvote bad ideas for sake of "trolling" as you believe. If you have any other reasons, please bring it up to the table.

Edited by Moetal
Edit