Let us have multiple images in our Signatures.

Parke

Question

Title pretty much says it. We can do it anyways by messaging a staff member and having them do it. Which is annoying when you want shit updated frequently, and makes you feel like a nuisense when you're asking them to fix a spelling mistake or something if they make it. 

Pros: Staff dont have to be annoyed by 95% of the game to do it

Cons: None, we can already get it done anyways so.....

17 answers to this question

Heres my problem with it, the sig has a size cap(like actual size, not file size), people would be able to hide massive image files below the cutoff point which becomes an issue for some people.  Before any cap on images were increased, I would probably want them to address that issue first, also I don't think the image cap should be outright removed if it is, I think it should maybe, be increased.

10 hours ago, Parke said:

Cons: None, we can already get it done anyways so.....

This wasn't supposed to be the case.

Staff are not meant to be editing signatures to add in additions unless the additional signature is related to an official event.

The reason this was meant to be the case was so that staff wouldn't be bothered by people requesting additional signatures be added to their forum account

As Munya has pointed out - the image cap is in place to stop people from being obnoxious by using multiple huge signatures at the same time; which is an inevitability with a system that allows an unlimited amount of signatures.

Signatures are a waste of space and data anyways. No one really need to see you bragging about what OT shiny you have or what team you are in - anyone that knows you well enough will know it regardless. Having the ability to fit multiple large images to stretch the page any further than it needs to be isn't what I would like to see nor should staff be helping you do such a thing. 

Inb4 Parke telling me to "kill myself" like he does to all my posts

59 minutes ago, Moetal said:

Signatures are a waste of space and data anyways. No one really need to see you bragging about what OT shiny you have or what team you are in - anyone that knows you well enough will know it regardless. Having the ability to fit multiple large images to stretch the page any further than it needs to be isn't what I would like to see nor should staff be helping you do such a thing. 

I disagree entirely. Having a signature option brings about the creative media section on the forums, and allows for individuality around the forums. Plus, they can also be used as a trophy system with the tournament winner signatures that have been going around. Signatures are the only thing that have been keeping me on the forums.

24 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

I disagree entirely. Having a signature option brings about the creative media section on the forums, and allows for individuality around the forums. Plus, they can also be used as a trophy system with the tournament winner signatures that have been going around. Signatures are the only thing that have been keeping me on the forums.

I disagree. If you want individuality, you can do so at your own profile.

I was taught you can do whatever you want as long you don't affect others. You can decorate your profile to ridiculous levels and no one would mind. If they visit your profile and get swarmed by your gifs and whatnot, they kinda deserve it for clicking your profile. I assure you no one goes on the forum to intentionally see cringeworthy signatures. I prefer to use my data to load meaningful messages instead of the same sig we've seen a thousand times.

On a related note, if your "signature" takes up more space than your actual message, I really think you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Edited by Moetal
Cropping some useless stuff
46 minutes ago, Moetal said:

I disagree. If you want individuality, you can do so at your own profile.

I was taught you can do whatever you want as long you don't affect others. You can decorate your profile to ridiculous levels and no one would mind. If they visit your profile and get swarmed by your gifs and whatnot, they kinda deserve it for clicking your profile. I assure you no one goes on the forum to intentionally see cringeworthy signatures. I prefer to use my data to load meaningful messages instead of the same sig we've seen a thousand times.

On a related note, if your "signature" takes up more space than your actual message, I really think you should feel ashamed of yourself.

See I would agree with that if the forums didnt update as to where the profile is so useless to view now. Everything is hidden and the layout is too minimalist. Not many people would bother clicking a profile as well.

And also the person who made this signature oversized it and i dont want to readjust it because it would lose quality

Edited by FuzzyRegirock
4 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Staff are not meant to be editing signatures to add in additions unless the additional signature is related to an official event.

The reason this was meant to be the case was so that staff wouldn't be bothered by people requesting additional signatures be added to their forum account

As Munya has pointed out - the image cap is in place to stop people from being obnoxious by using multiple huge signatures at the same time; which is an inevitability with a system that allows an unlimited amount of signatures.

I suppose you have a fair point. Although, I dont feel as if the likes of how I do have like a smaller banner etc team related one is a bad thing. I do get the whole limit so people cant have a million images in their signature. Maybe if there was sort of Moderation Approval thing put in place for people requesting to update theirs where it wont actually allow you to use the signature until it's been approved by a mod or something. idk if this would be possible though.

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed off topic content.
3 hours ago, Darkshade said:

It cuts signatures off once they get past a certain height anyway, so it can't be obnoxious like it used to before the forum update.

i mean. all of the space arguments could be solved by a "use spoilers with more then X amount of images" so people have to click on it to see all of them but most people never will and it wont spam up everything.

then again this is coming from the guy who bumps his trade post with dozens of gifs.

Edited by fredrichnietze