Getting close to 1,000 hours....

13 minutes ago, TrainerChyaku17 said:

And still no shiny Pokemon encounter. That's the only thing I'd love to have in this game since I've done everything in it. How long did it take for you to get a shiny, if you've come across one?

Ive heard of worse cases of people going near 4k+ hours with no shinies, and they were daily players that were fully commited to the game at the time. Now all they do is log and commit to a shiny and grind till they get it eventually.

I came across my after 2.3k hours, shiny geodude while everstone farming and not even a week later, a shiny slowpoke from hp EVing. Both accidents.

Now run along and grind until unova comes out.

I mean it varies a lot in terms of time. I got my first shiny really early on at about 47 hours then didn't get one till nearly 2k hours and then yet again another 2k hours to get the third. So it's really just chance. There is no set time on when you might find one or an average time

10 hours ago, TrainerChyaku17 said:

How long did it take for you to get a shiny, if you've come across one?

My 1st shiny was a Linoone at 1,723 hours as I was just passing thru some route in Hoenn, I think by safari zone. Was a totally random single encounter. And 2nd was a Beautifly in a horde at 2,381 hours while EV training in Pattern Bush. Wasn't expecting that one to happen either. Currently at 3.5k+ hrs and no 3rd one as of yet. But I don't actively hunt shinys at all. I just kinda go with the flow. 

I guess you get the picture by now, it will happen when it happens. Playtime doesnt really mean anything. Just because someone has 1000+ hours doesn't mean those hours were spent encountering mons, could just be afk-ing in verm for 12 hours a day for all we know. 

Just do as many wild encounters as you possibly can, it'll happen eventually. 

1035 hours for my first a heracross, guess all the eving paid off lol. I'm at 2356 right now and yet to find another OT. If you unlike myself have the patience to shiny hunt then good luck, there are a lot of people who have 10+ OTs.

• 2 weeks later...