Based God Nosepass

I was trying to come up with a way that Nosepass could be useful after catching and "passing" this beauty of a "nose" and I think I came up with something brilliant. Thus, lets discuss this massive Nosepass sweep. Am I missing any holes?

Spoiler

enj72wa.png

Nosepass

Anti-Skarmory Set Up

Relaxed with 252HP/252 DEF
Equipped with "ANYTHING" really
Magnet Pull is a MUST

-Ancient Power
-Fire Punch
-Taunt
-Rest/Pain Split

Summary? Wynaut
Find the victim; in this case it is Skarmory or Fortress however you can only choose 1 move pool to set up on. Proceed to Taunt Skarmory to prevent it from setting up Spikes and using his Whirlwind to stop your mighty Nosepass. After that, spam Ancientpower to prevent his inescapable fate of death. Magnet Pull would prevent your enemy Skarmory to run away in bravery during this technology. Your goal here is to boost your incredible stats with Ancientpower with that 10% proc chance. Each Ancientpower would dent about 30% of the Skarmory's health without any Special Defense investment. Once the enemy Skarmory starts to get you low with his puny Drill Peck, pull out a surprise of your own with Rest and proceed to continue to spam the hell out of Ancientpower. Watch as you eventually slowly power up through Ancient Power to set up your incredibly, deadly sweep later. Taunt is a must for this set up to prevent Whirlwind and Rest or Pain Split a toss up for whatever you prefer. Rest prevents Toxic stalling though. Once you kill Skarmory eventually, prepare for the massive Nosepass sweep with hopefully at least +2 Stat Boost.

NOSEPASS IS THE BEST DADDY KYU EVER KNOWN IN HIS LIFE GUYS NOSEPASS IS THE BEST DADDY KYU EVER KNOWN IN HIS LIFE GUYS.

Anti-Forrtress Set Up

Timid with 252 HP/210 SP.DEF/48 SPE
Equipped with "Leppa Berry"
Magnet Pull is a MUST

-Ancient Power
-Fire Punch
-Iron Defense
-Rest/Pain Split

Summary? I guess...

This set up is design to specifically counter Forrtress. This set up sets up a even MIGHTIER sweep for the cost of not seeing Forrtress as often as you would see Skarmory in a competitive OU match. It also has overall less useful moves to deal outside of it's purpose in case you plan on using Nosepass outside it's designated role. Fortress is much more tanky and overall can take more of a beating from Ancient Power thus allowing you to set up even more Ancient Power boost. Mr. Fort can deal about 40~48% damage to Nosepass here with this investment making Iron Defense a excellent way to counter the situation. Thus this EV Spread allows you to set up a wall sweep once you knock out the Forrtress with +6 DEFENSE boost and a specially defensive EV's spread. Trap the Forrtress and proceed to power up with Ancient Power and once you're done, kill it. The Leppa Berry is there to recover Ancient Power's PP once you're out to continue to try for stat boost. For this to work it's absolutely necessary to outspeed Fortress thus the Timid nature and EV spread to specifically outrun a non-invested Fort. Luckily nobody in their sane mind would bother to put any speed into a Fort making this rather consistent.

Edited by Eldaust

Eh, Nosepass is slower than Skamory so if you switch it in when a Skarmory is on the field already there is a good chance it'll get 2 spikes up before you can even taunt. If it does have toxic and you rest the taunt effect wears of and it can whirlwind you out. The Forretress set is better.

And on top of that getting an Ancient Power boost just to beat it is really unreliable.

17 minutes ago, Eldaust said:

Each Ancientpower would dent about 30% of the Skarmory's health without any Special Defense investment.

Not sure where you got that from.
0 SpA Nosepass Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 25-30 (14.6 - 17.5%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Nosepass Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 37-45 (21.6 - 26.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Nosepass Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 20-24 (11.6 - 14%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+1 0 Atk Nosepass Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 28-34 (16.3 - 19.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also Nosepass has 0 viablity outside of the bad trapping it already does. But they're cool sets though. Magneton is just 100000x better.

I'm sorry I was bored. Don't hate me pls. I love gimmicks.

1 minute ago, TheChampionMike said:

Eh, Nosepass is slower than Skamory so if you switch it in when a Skarmory is on the field already there is a good chance it'll get 2 spikes up before you can even taunt. If it does have toxic and you rest the taunt effect wears of and it can whirlwind you out. The Forretress set is better.

And getting on top of that getting an Ancient Power boost just to beat it is really unreliable.

Not sure where you got that from.
0 SpA Nosepass Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 25-30 (14.6 - 17.5%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Nosepass Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 37-45 (21.6 - 26.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Nosepass Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 20-24 (11.6 - 14%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+1 0 Atk Nosepass Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 28-34 (16.3 - 19.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also Nosepass has 0 viablity outside of the bad trapping it already does. But they're cool sets though. Magneton is just 100000x better.

I'm sorry I was bored. Don't hate me pls. I love gimmicks.

I did my math wrong and accidentally left some boost on during my damage calculation. My bad on the Skarmory set up. Lets be real here, our Basegod Nosepass is already too much to handle as is and the worthy sacrifice of the 2+ spikes is a true price to pay for the mighty blow of the Nosepass threatening sweep. The fact that it does less damage is actually better then before allowing you more chances to set up Ancient Power boost before killing it.

I'll just have to alter the Skarmory set so you can Iron Defense+Leftovers your way through victory. Fire Punch isn't really necessary outside though as you'll probably be very slowly killing both Fort and Skarmory with just Ancient Power. This is good, this is why I am brain storming! It needs a mightier attack then Fire Punch to sweep with.

Also are you questioning the viability of Nosepass over Magneton? This shall not be discuss as we all know our god Nosepass is mightier then the pen.

You're a genius.

Just kidding you have 8PP on ancient power and fire punch doesnt do shit in OverUsed. No way you break through milotic even with 6 boosts.

Most of Skarmory's run Taunt and if not then you'll get whirlwinded by Skarm before your sleep turns are over :

T1 : Taunt / Whirlwind

T2 : Rest / Drill Peck

T3 : 1st turn of sleep / Drill Peck (Taunt over)

T4 : 2nd turn of sleep / Whirlwind

Great effort tho, but if you want tips on gimmicks ask @pachima the god.

Edited by Kamimiii

When ppl blame me for my sets, and then this comes.

Anyway, the skarm set is utterly useless since magneton does what it is supposed to do but better. 

For the forretress, I admit it gets some use since magneton is too afraid of eq and nosepass not rly. However, relying on ancient power boosts is not bad, is awful.

Pain split seems superior unless you fear toxic forre. Take out taunt, its too slow to pull it off and if you switch it against forre, chances are you are already spiked on that turn. 

My set would be:

Bold: Full hp (it needs it), speed to outspeed forre , A lot of defense (for dem earthquakes), rest in sp def (Didnt calc so cant tell exactly the values)

Hp fire. pain split, twave, Mimic.

The reason for twave is solely to cripple something else on a switch if you use it against tauros return or bla bla bla like that. Mimic is the only way you can use forre´s spikes against themselves. Also works for skarm.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.