Music Gym Battle ~ Results

Firstly I'd like to thank you for your patience regarding the results for this Music Battle, the final results were rather neck and neck. Secondly I'd like to thank all those who participated again as well as those who were just here to listen to the amazing entries (I hope to see you guys enter the next time).

1st Place - AshisCatchin

Spoiler

This entry was well received by the judges as an excellent piece of music. It kept a fast tempo and built up the anticipation with the addition of the bass drum first and then the snares later. A lot of the judges also liked the addition of the Dragonair cry in the beginning of the song as they felt it fitting with the timing, however personally I much enjoyed the chords that were reminiscent to that of the Dragons Den ultimately giving off that Clair vibe. A very good entry that I found myself listening to on loop a few times over, congrats ^.^

2nd Place - OrangeManiac

Spoiler

In a close second this entry took the very definition of a Ghost type gym and melodied it. One thing in particular the judges liked about this entry was how it set the mood for the atmosphere, the bells in particular really pulled this piece together nicely and it loops rather well. The biggest gripe I feel however was although it suited Morty to a T, it fit much better as the theme you would listen to walking through the dark, foggy room over the invisible floors rather than a theme for a Gym battle. It's always a pleasure listening to Orangmaniacs entries in these Music Battles and it's no surprise that he has placed in the past. I look forward to the next one

Have a browse of all the other entries here ~

I mean this in the nicest way possible but do you know a single thing about music production or music structure @Kizhaz? Because anyone who produces music (myself included) probably sees this exactly how I do that the winning entry is literally just a riff machine from FL Studio, the default sound also with the original input sound. the idea is nice and I do like it. But from a production standpoint Orange's is so much better. Maybe it's just me because I actually make music too but Ash's track sounds somewhat "unfinished" - Not to take anything away from her like I said the idea is really nice for hers, but it sounds a little unfinished from a production standpoint to me but personally I believe Orange should be #1 and her #2 as honestly, those are the only 2 entries that dont sound like shit just threw together. Either way, I guess gj to both @AshisCatchin & @OrangeManiac and I'll be sure to enter the next one so dont get too comfortable at the top @AshisCatchin : )

55 minutes ago, Parke said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible but do you know a single thing about music production or music structure @Kizhaz? Because anyone who produces music (myself included) probably sees this exactly how I do that the winning entry is literally just a riff machine from FL Studio, the default sound also with the original input sound. the idea is nice and I do like it. But from a production standpoint Orange's is so much better. Maybe it's just me because I actually make music too but Ash's track sounds somewhat "unfinished" - Not to take anything away from her like I said the idea is really nice for hers, but it sounds a little unfinished from a production standpoint to me but personally I believe Orange should be #1 and her #2 as honestly, those are the only 2 entries that dont sound like shit just threw together. Either way, I guess gj to both @AshisCatchin & @OrangeManiac and I'll be sure to enter the next one so dont get too comfortable at the top @AshisCatchin : )

7 hours ago, Parke said:

I by no means claim to be a connoisseur when it comes to music production, however I like to think I know enough about it that I can provide a fair opinion when it comes to judging an event like this. There were no rules as to how the piece must be created, just that the end product had to be an original soundtrack, if this meant taking the simple route to create a magnificent entry then so be it. This is precisely why we have multiple judges for these types of events however. Where one person lacks another person may excel and we can discuss our reasonings behind the choices we made. By the fact that you also felt these were the two best entries I like to think the judges did a good job when it came to the results of this event, after all there was only 1 vote between these two entries.

21 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I by no means claim to be a connoisseur when it comes to music production, however I like to think I know enough about it that I can provide a fair opinion when it comes to judging an event like this. There were no rules as to how the piece must be created, just that the end product had to be an original soundtrack, if this meant taking the simple route to create a magnificent entry then so be it. This is precisely why we have multiple judges for these types of events however. Where one person lacks another person may excel and we can discuss our reasonings behind the choices we made. By the fact that you also felt these were the two best entries I like to think the judges did a good job when it came to the results of this event, after all there was only 1 vote between these two entries.

Here is some criteria for your next music compeition

12 hours ago, Parke said:

Hopefully comments like these don't deter the staff from doing more of these. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this, whether it sounds like I was smashing my face on my mouse in FL Studio or not.

• Perry locked this topic