Level Remover

Illumino

Question

So the devs have done amazing work with implementing gens 4-5 and it will eventually be coming to PokeMMO in due time. With gens 4-5 we also get more evolutions for gens 1-3 pokemon especially gen 4 which introduced a lot of revamped evolutionary lines.

But if someone bred a 5x31 natured pokemon (sneasel, gligar etc.) and is at level 100 they won't be able to evolve their pokemon and will have to rebreed through the process. My idea was to have an NPC who for $5,000 could reduce a pokemon's level from 100 to 99, so when gen 4-5 do come out players don't have to rebreed an entirely new pokemon.

Edited by Illumino

14 answers to this question

As staff have said before this will not be implemented because it allows illegal movesets outside of 99-100.

However as Gilan said it would be nice if we had some way to do it from 100 to 99 since that would never cause something illegal, although the only purpose of that would be levelup evolutions for pokemon that are level 100 already (e.g. Level 100 Caterpie can never become Metapod). so maybe this'll be added?

However even in response to that I think it would be better to just add an NPC that can just trigger the evolution of a pokemon that can evolve through level up at level 100 rather than alter levels at all.

Edited by Matoka

Some method to advance already existing level 100s such as Piloswine, Sneasel, etc to their newer forms is the goal of this, so an NPC which triggers evolution for a select group of mons if they're already level 100 would be a great work around. 

5 hours ago, Matoka said:

As staff have said before this will not be implemented because it allows illegal movesets outside of 99-100.

On 7/16/2017 at 2:09 PM, Illumino said:

My idea was to have an NPC who for $5,000 could reduce a pokemon's level from 100 to 99

???

5 hours ago, Matoka said:

However as Gilan said it would be nice if we had some way to do it from 100 to 99 since that would never cause something illegal, although the only purpose of that would be levelup evolutions for pokemon that are level 100 already (e.g. Level 100 Caterpie can never become Metapod). so maybe this'll be added?

However even in response to that I think it would be better to just add an NPC that can just trigger the evolution of a pokemon that can evolve through level up at level 100 rather than alter levels at all.

I literally posted that it should be taken from level 100 to level 99 only...

7 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

???

6 hours ago, Illumino said:

I literally posted that it should be taken from level 100 to level 99 only...

Oops, when I said that I meant that because we AREN'T talking about outside of 99-100 that it should be fine, I was half asleep when I wrote that. My bad.

I worded everything weirdly, goodness.

My bad, short rephrasing: This fixes the issues staff had with it in the past, similar to what you said gillan ALSO said... etc, the main point outside of it was maybe just having an NPC trigger evolutions via "Level up flag" rather than fiddling with levels.

I really oopsied there, my bad. 

3 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Triggered NPC triggering pokes into making them digivolve is probably the best option.

I'm personally more of a fan of this, I don't think a player should be punished for leveling a pokemon to 100 personally, if they put in the work and a pokemon meets the requirement for evolution, I feel like they should be able to have that option somehow.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:31 AM, Munya said:

I'm personally more of a fan of this, I don't think a player should be punished for leveling a pokemon to 100 personally, if they put in the work and a pokemon meets the requirement for evolution, I feel like they should be able to have that option somehow.

Maybe have an evo item (if required) with a small fee be exchanged for evolution?