Seasonal Pokemon

mmead

Question

So, I feel like all pokemon should be available all the time, but I also think it would be cool if we had pokemon in Hoenn and Kanto that only appeared in different seasons, as to give the game an all over more realistic feel (not that it would be easy but maybe for Kanto we could have some of the alolan forms in stead, such as Exeggutor and Raichu in the summer, and Sandshrew and Vulpix in the winter).

dwFISen.gif

Perhaps just changing the % on the wild pokemon encounters during different seasons (like less Pidgey in the Autumn and Winter and more of some other pokemon).

This is just a thought really and I just wanted to see your opinions on it, so no flaming on anyone or hating in this thread. Also, don't say it's impossible, as until the staff says otherwise, anything is possible.

If any staff members see this, please comment if you can! ^-^

13 answers to this question

This is actually a pretty cool concept, Would be a nice addition to add when they implement the new region, you could change the wild pokemon that appear in the wild to ones throughout gen 1-5 which is cool and obviously gives more options. Would also be a fun thing for shiny hunters too as they could switch up the hordes during each of the seasons. Dunno whether or not that would work though. Cool idea though I like it

3 hours ago, Heineken88 said:

If it's possible, it is a great idea. But how long should a season be, a month, a week?

Depends on where you are.

If we talk about kanto then we talk about japan and so the seasons should be the same as in japan

I would also like this.
You may be asking some users to create a mod that will change the graphics of the regions according to the season

We can understand that:

Kanto is inspired by the true Japanese region of KANTO (only this need seasonal graphical editing but i think need only graphical mod like  this:)

Hoenn is inspired to the Japanese island of Kyūshū and has a subtropical climate so it does not need a seasonal graphic editing

Unova modify the seasons automatically so no problem with him

As for seasonal Pokémon:

Could release the legendary with the seasons, for example:

Moltres, Entai and HO-OH in the summer
Articuno Lugia in winter
Suicune, zapdos and raikou in spring

Etc etc .....

Edited by druido890

The big reason I am suggesting seasonal Pokemon, is because of this thread:

I feel like having Pokemon that change depending on the season would help the game have a more realistic feel XD

Regional differences would be nice, but it should not follow real-world time. If a season takes up 3 months, It would mean that you can't catch some Pokemon for 8 months. Think that is too long. The ingame time is real-world times 3, so a season of a month would not be so strange.

All regions should have some sort of seasonal changes. So if it's correct what @druido890 is saying about Hoenn, the standard Spring, summer, autumn, winter would be a little different like: In winter only snow on the highest locations and not to mention, how to include a good typhoon in the summer season. It would be interesting, but a lot of work for the devs. And as they are busy with Unova it will not be developed if at all...

I'm curious how the staff, mods, devs, ect. think about this. Maybe @Munya @Kyu @Noadand all the others, can you let us know what you think?

Edited by Heineken88

I do not think we can totally eliminate a pokemon for months
Perhaps the most feasible thing would be to lower the percentage of finding certain pokemons in certain seasons

I repeat that it would be a great opportunity to use the legendary pokemon

As for spending the seasons then I appeal to those who can use tiles editing programs and are willing to create MOD for autumn, spring and summer (for kanto)

...at least as long as the pokeMMO's staff will not give us automatic seasons

8 hours ago, Heineken88 said:

I'm curious how the staff, mods, devs, ect. think about this. Maybe @Munya @Kyu @Noadand all the others, can you let us know what you think?

It's something I was planning on doing, but there are some technical limits to mixing conditional spawns (Season+Daytime/Nighttime+Day of Week) which need to be addressed prior. "Changing spawns" isn't very impactful to the overall game though, it's just nice to have (and at least several week's worth of work), so it's low priority to me currently. I may try to expand "Seasons" to drop tables too at some point.

It's probably not going to be used to expand into Gen 4-exclusive species, though; we need something aside from the storyline to make Gen 4 NDS regions worthwhile.

I'd really like to be able to use it to get some things out of Safari Zone restrictions since the original planned times for seasons were 1 real month (same as NDS). I'm not sure how well that's going to play, though. It impacts our meta quite a lot and pins some species into "you can only breed good ones during Spring" restrictions.

5 hours ago, Kyu said:

It's something I was planning on doing, but there are some technical limits to mixing conditional spawns (Season+Daytime/Nighttime+Day of Week) which need to be addressed prior. "Changing spawns" isn't very impactful to the overall game though, it's just nice to have (and at least several week's worth of work), so it's low priority to me currently. I may try to expand "Seasons" to drop tables too at some point.

It's probably not going to be used to expand into Gen 4-exclusive species, though; we need something aside from the storyline to make Gen 4 NDS regions worthwhile.

I'd really like to be able to use it to get some things out of Safari Zone restrictions since the original planned times for seasons were 1 real month (same as NDS). I'm not sure how well that's going to play, though. It impacts our meta quite a lot and pins some species into "you can only breed good ones during Spring" restrictions.

That really sounds great. I know you are busy with Unova so we will have to wait for some time to see the result.

@Noad & @Kyu thanks for your answers.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:43 PM, Noad said:

In my personal opinion this is a lovely idea. It would make the MMO more immersive. 

17 hours ago, Kyu said:

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your responses! ^-^