When another Pokemon's take down kills your shiny...

Omg Ripppp. I imagine accidentally killing a shiny feels like wanting to die. My condolences. 

Also, this situation kinda reminds me of this.

But the more we can learn about accidentally killing shinies the better. So I'm thankful for people like you that let the community know something like this can happen so that we don't make the same mistakes. Like when I found shiny a Beautifly, I knew beforehand it could whirlwind out so I was prepared. And that is thanks to the people who had their shinies escape like this. (RIP) You guys are the real MVPs tho. I would have neverrrr knew it could happen if not for your sacrifices. 
Tbh, I'm always carrying suction cups Octillery, a Smeargle, and a Gengar if I know I'm gunna be encountering wilds in case a shiny appears. If you had a ghost type out like Gengar, Take Down would have failed and you'd be free to keep killing the rest of the non-shinies.

Just trying to give tips for future reference :P There's probably 9000 more tips or things to take note of when finding a shiny (like the Encore thing I linked above) but I'm not a shiny hunter or anything so idk much aside from what happens to other people. lol

Maybe this can be informative too

Rip again tho, those Take Down mons smhhh nerf pls

That's pretty much exactly why I posted it; to be an informative lesson to others. I was taking that battle super slow. I checked the dex to see if any of them had any end-battle-instantly moves at their level. I noted take down, but didn't think it would be a problem since the shiny ponyta didn't have it. If I had seen a post like this, I would have known to switch in to something else that could have one-shotted everything and then bring in my Smeargle. *shrugs* Now I know.

As far as the "too soon" goes, I think my team mates are more upset than I am. I'm just kind of "can't do anything about it now". I'm not sad that I'm out the money since I would have kept it as my first OT. I'm probably the most upset that I didn't get to see it's IVs so I'll never know if it was good or bad. Like Xatu said though, at least it made it's presence known. I was worried that I was somehow flagged to never have a shiny since a few weeks ago I had two or three captchas the night I was payday grinding in Cerulean Cave to get Mewtwo in my OT dex. I was paranoid that having a captcha would flag an account as "naughty", (even though I was legit just hunting Mewtwo and was answering the captchas when they popped).

Well, lessons learned. Take Down sucks and Captchas aren't the end of the world.

3 minutes ago, cchiovitti527 said:

True look at Lifestyle, he killed a shiny doggo and literally got nothing out of it but pain and suffering. 

I learned that Hyper Voice hits all targets, that has made me a better Doubles player. Even though I don't play Doubles.

On a more srs note, 6 Shiny Comps > Some shit OT

• Zehkar locked this topic