[PSL 8] Managers Tournament

This season has one of the best group of competitive players as managers, unfortunately managers are never given the opportunity to battle in PSL, except for this event. Will Eric somehow pass the first round? Let's find out. 

Date :

July 16th Sunday, after Absol Qualifier Tournament (Hopefully around 7 PM EDT)  

Vermilion PC Ch 7

Rules/Bans:

Each Round will be a randomly chosen tier from the PSL tiers. Tiers won't be repeated in rounds (if OU is first round, it can't be in 2nd or 3rd round, etc).

Double Elimination since its only 8 managers

Prize : 

1mil for 1st Place

no 2nd place prize nubs

Why is the tournament after the absol qualifier anyways? No one is going to spectate this crap and no manager beside LKrenz or Yubel Osuki even has a shot to qualify. Eric is a trash. Mike is staff. Keith doesn't play much mmo. Life won't be there. Coolio is fucking coolio. JJ is already qualified. I mean cmon. Delaying thsi crap event won't bring more hype.

1 minute ago, EricTheGreat said:

Yeah compete in PSL

This is the PSL midseason, so ya competing is kinda expected, not that you would care since you are the most incapable manager of all time.

Edited by gbwead
40 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Following the Friday Night PSL Trivia, we now have a 8 man bracket tournament with a no show and eric as a charity case. What a fucking joke. Can we get an LC tournament or something where MMO players actually get a chance in competing?

I didn't want a 4 man bracket for LC unfortunately

Just now, BurntZebra said:

*Looks at past seasons of PSL where there were LC tournaments* *sees no hype at all* So little hype that the LC tournament had to be canceled and LC couldn't be a tier for PSL. Ah yes I'm feeling the hype alright

Ya, past seasons of PSL are the reference to use here even though LC wasn't even implemented in game for most of these seasons...

I didn't really say LC tournament only. Any tournament that involves MMO players competing would be better than w.e the fuck this is.

Just now, gbwead said:

Ya, past seasons of PSL are the reference to use here even though LC wasn't even implemented in game for most of these seasons...

I didn't really say LC tournament only. Any tournament that involves MMO players competing would be better than w.e the fuck this is.

LC was implemented during seasons 6 and 7, which are the seasons I was referencing (moreso referencing season 7 about not getting enough interest for LC to be a playable tier). 

Gbwead actually isn't wrong though, we should have an actual event with a competitive MMO tier that the general public can play in. This is the only "standard tier" kinda thing we have and it's manager only. 

Host a doubles tourney i heard people like those  

4 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

LC was implemented during seasons 6 and 7, which are the seasons I was referencing (moreso referencing season 7 about not getting enough interest for LC to be a playable tier). 

Are you talking about the LC tournament where DoubleJ made up his own ban list or something lol?

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

Gbwead actually isn't wrong though, we should have an actual event with a competitive MMO tier that the general public can play in. This is the only "standard tier" kinda thing we have and it's manager only. 

Host a doubles tourney i heard people like those  

So right, yet so wrong.

Edited by gbwead
Just now, Rigamorty said:

He is wrong in saying it should be little Cup though because let's be real it'd have less turnout than this manager tourney kek

Anything that is announced this late is going to flop anyways. We might as well get a pictionary tournament like in the good old TS days.

5 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Anything that is announced this late is going to flop anyways. We might as well get a pictionary tournament like in the good old TS days.

[PSL 8] Midseason Cards Against Humanity 

lets make it happen

Edited by Rigamorty
48 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Why is the tournament after the absol qualifier anyways? No one is going to spectate this crap and no manager beside LKrenz or Yubel Osuki even has a shot to qualify. Eric is a trash. Mike is staff. Keith doesn't play much mmo. Life won't be there. Coolio is fucking coolio. JJ is already qualified. I mean cmon. Delaying thsi crap event won't bring more hype.

I have also qualified