Best Qualities of PokeMMO?

5 hours ago, Kyu said:

The chaos of it.

PokeMMO is that special kind of shitshow that's really hard to screw up. For so many people, it's their dream game, because it's what they grew up on, being experimented with in a new way. We're afforded luxuries like livepatching, and while we try not to, we can completely destroy player progress to fix our mistakes. It's that kind of environment where real innovation can occur, and where we can push forward a genre despite standing on the shoulders of giants.

We don't talk about it enough, but we, as Devs, are able to continue thanks to the generosity of our players and the people who volunteer their time as Mods/GMs/TC/Translators. Nearly every day, we talk and argue about how to improve this game to realize its full potential, even though we're stretched thin and there's not enough hours for it all. I'm very proud of and thankful for our community, and those people I've personally watched grow over the past 5 years, who wanted to come together to make something more than themselves.

This speech.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:59 AM, Kyu said:

The chaos of it.

PokeMMO is that special kind of shitshow that's really hard to screw up. For so many people, it's their dream game, because it's what they grew up on, being experimented with in a new way. We're afforded luxuries like livepatching, and while we try not to, we can completely destroy player progress to fix our mistakes. It's that kind of environment where real innovation can occur, and where we can push forward a genre despite standing on the shoulders of giants.

We don't talk about it enough, but we, as Devs, are able to continue thanks to the generosity of our players and the people who volunteer their time as Mods/GMs/TC/Translators. Nearly every day, we talk and argue about how to improve this game to realize its full potential, even though we're stretched thin and there's not enough hours for it all. I'm very proud of and thankful for our community, and those people I've personally watched grow over the past 5 years, who wanted to come together to make something more than themselves.

yMxjqz7.gif

On 14-7-2017 at 8:59 AM, Kyu said:

The chaos of it.

I love you too

Mail me shiny beldum