Monotype Tournaments

Illumino

Question

Hey so I am a bit biased since I literally own a team dedicated to monotypes, but I was wondering why PokeMMO doesn't really host any monotype tournaments?

Pretty sure everyone knows the rules of monotypes and my team eventually plans on hosting our own unofficial tournaments for the public, but I don't know why there aren't any official tournaments for the format.

5 answers to this question

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

I think the lack of official support for monotype battles plays a part in it. That and staff members have other event types in mind, I'm sure. You could always post in the event suggestions thread and hope your idea is chosen.

My bad I completely forgot about event suggestions haha, yeah I'll post it there too. I do find it strange though because the second most popular chat room in pokeshowdown is monotype and it has a somewhat large following.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, Illumino said:

Ice is actually the worst monotype, but I am in love with Ice pokemon and their theme so I'm doing it anyway :)

Actually I have won ladders on showdown for gen 6 ice monotype, so I think its pretty good.