Adding challenges to the game

Guns

Question

Hi, I'm here to suggest a new way of farming money in the game.

Right now, the only way of getting money for breeding or buying things, is either battling gyms / trainers, pray to get good iv catches to sell, or farming items like everstones / hearthscales etc, with chances being really low.

I want to suggest the implementation of challenges for the game, for example 'Catching 20 charmanders' , 'Win 5 ranked matches' , 'Defeat 20 trainers', 'Find X item', etc.

They don't have to give a lot of money because that would break the game economy i understand, but that way you can keep yourself busy and with things to do besides pressing z fighting trainers, and doing always the same boring stuff just to get the money you need for a comp pokemon for example. I think this way you can log in the game without the routine of making island runs, payday, defeat the gyms, etc and actually be excited to complete the challenges to have more money, because right now its pretty boring.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

While I do agree grinding can be an arduous process that gets dull quite quickly it's necessary for the game. If challenges were implemented they'd quickly become boring themselves and feel like another "task" that one would have to do to make money for breeding. I just think there really couldn't be a way to add these challenges and not have them become a chore themselves in the end.

Devs have said they're working on dungeons for players and who knows, perhaps they will become a source of money in the future, but I think for now sticking with rematch grinding and item farming is the best thing we're going to have.

I really don't think that having aleatory challenges will become boring. Catching specific pokemon or pokemon types, or pick up X item, fight a specific trainers,winning matches, etc would be a lot more fun than pressing keys like a robot and doing always the same 2 or 3 things to get money, at least is an alternative to the common methods.

Can you tell me more about those dungeons? never heard of that

5 hours ago, Guns said:

Hi, I'm here to suggest a new way of farming money in the game.

Right now, the only way of getting money for breeding or buying things, is either battling gyms / trainers, pray to get good iv catches to sell, or farming items like everstones / hearthscales etc, with chances being really low.

I want to suggest the implementation of challenges for the game, for example 'Catching 20 charmanders' , 'Win 5 ranked matches' , 'Defeat 20 trainers', 'Find X item', etc.

They don't have to give a lot of money because that would break the game economy i understand, but that way you can keep yourself busy and with things to do besides pressing z fighting trainers, and doing always the same boring stuff just to get the money you need for a comp pokemon for example. I think this way you can log in the game without the routine of making island runs, payday, defeat the gyms, etc and actually be excited to complete the challenges to have more money, because right now its pretty boring.

Thanks in advance!

i think grinding and stuff makes what people loves mmo the most , but its kinda true we need some update like that in the future , but overall , this game is great :D