English Team Or Spanish Team

TheMaxiPro

4 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

I've locked other topic since it was same question. 

Which team is better? That one you feel comfortable inside. 

Thanks but i speak booth languajes the problem is if i make a Spanish team they willent use the forums

slightly offtopic

I recently read a very interesting thread somewhere on the interwebs about the language theory brought forward in the movie called- the arrival. I should probably spoiler the next part in case someone intends to watch it

genuine movie spoilers

Spoiler

Basically, amy adams gets the power to look into(dreams) the future just because she begins to understand an alien language, which was non-linear in nature, unlike our language. The non linear nature of their language allows her to perceive time in a non linear fashion as well.

The point that really hit me was- if we learn more language, would our thoughts(or the way we comprehend things) change with it as well? They gave the example of the Eskimos where the simple word for snow meant so many different things to them.

Back on topic- i feel international teams are the best thing to aim for. English, being a common language around the globe, would be the obvious choice of language.

Additionally, a friendly/laidback environment in the team would win more points than what language they use. Annoying is annoying in any language after all.

1 hour ago, Bishav said:

slightly offtopic

I recently read a very interesting thread somewhere on the interwebs about the language theory brought forward in the movie called- the arrival. I should probably spoiler the next part in case someone intends to watch it

genuine movie spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, amy adams gets the power to look into(dreams) the future just because she begins to understand an alien language, which was non-linear in nature, unlike our language. The non linear nature of their language allows her to perceive time in a non linear fashion as well.

The point that really hit me was- if we learn more language, would our thoughts(or the way we comprehend things) change with it as well? They gave the example of the Eskimos where the simple word for snow meant so many different things to them.

Well, there's two train of thoughts on this matter, one that supports the idea that the language shapes our thoughts, and another(language of thought hypothesis) that argues that we all think in a hypothetical language known as "mentalese"  from which we unconsciously translate our thoughts to whatever language you wish to employ. The first perspective would apply that infants who are yet to learn to speak are incapable of thoughts, but would also support the hypothesis, whereas the second theory provides a framework in which infants can be perceived as capable of conscious thought. Most linguists seem to follow the latter train of thought nowadays, or at least a hybrid of the two. At least this is true from my studies so far, but I'm sure there are many who'd argue with me on this point. The philosophy of linguistics, fun stuff.

4 hours ago, Havsha said:

Well, there's two train of thoughts on this matter, one that supports the idea that the language shapes our thoughts, and another(language of thought hypothesis) that argues that we all think in a hypothetical language known as "mentalese"  from which we unconsciously translate our thoughts to whatever language you wish to employ. The first perspective would apply that infants who are yet to learn to speak are incapable of thoughts, but would also support the hypothesis, whereas the second theory provides a framework in which infants can be perceived as capable of conscious thought. Most linguists seem to follow the latter train of thought nowadays, or at least a hybrid of the two. At least this is true from my studies so far, but I'm sure there are many who'd argue with me on this point. The philosophy of linguistics, fun stuff.

English please

I believe that if you really want to be an English team you must know what English is as a whole. In my humbling opinion English is a term that can be represented as a sarcastic liability to the only true power that can be hold it. In my life time of English speaking I have noticed that if you really want to know which is better for s team, you must truest understand in reality which language is he true meaning of what you are trying to say. But if you wish to not truly understand the possibility of understanding what you truly should, it's okay. But with Spanish I am not at most certain. I speak very little Spanish but I do understand that people do speak Spanish which is what gives it so much power. I would like to thank you for making this thread because I feel that I have learned as much as you have today. But if you would like to know which is better than you should take a step back and look at reality. In some certain stances English and Spanish are very similar. They are both spoken by humans and not many other species. So as you can see I believe that your ability to choose which language you would rather choose should suit your liking. I hope this helps you maxipro. 

2 minutes ago, Summrs said:

I believe that if you really want to be an English team you must know what English is as a whole. In my humbling opinion English is a term that can be represented as a sarcastic liability to the only true power that can be hold it. In my life time of English speaking I have noticed that if you really want to know which is better for s team, you must truest understand in reality which language is he true meaning of what you are trying to say. But if you wish to not truly understand the possibility of understanding what you truly should, it's okay. But with Spanish I am not at most certain. I speak very little Spanish but I do understand that people do speak Spanish which is what gives it so much power. I would like to thank you for making this thread because I feel that I have learned as much as you have today. But if you would like to know which is better than you should take a step back and look at reality. In some certain stances English and Spanish are very similar. They are both spoken by humans and not many other species. So as you can see I believe that your ability to choose which language you would rather choose should suit your liking. I hope this helps you maxipro. 

Thanks summmrs i decide than my team will be Spanish :D

13 hours ago, Summrs said:

same

• Zehkar locked this topic