Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

On 5/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, Selena said:

Does anyone has a updated pokemon list since the national dex is bugged? Just finsihed the Sliph Co. and found out one of the grunts has a Deino which is my fav. Anyone at least know where can I find Deino?

I think you can find Deino in either victory road or rock tunnel.

7 hours ago, Kesuto said:

when i try to evolve sentrent it just stops and say it didn't evolve.

You need to get the National Pokedex from the Scientist guy in the Pewter City Pokemon Center to evolve Pokemon that aren't from Gen 1.

so this my first time doing anything like this and would like some help on what to do i've downloaded the vbam emulator for my chromebook(does this even work on chromebook?) i know the file is an ibs patch and am currently fumbling around trying to get it to work and i figured that i should probably ask people that know what they're doing better than i do

(edit: iv'e read the read me and i am still pretty lost s.o.s halp pls)

Edited by manwhofails

I'm currently at the fourth gym so far and I just wanna say I LOVE your game. I created an account just to say that.

But that doesn't mean that the game is perfect. I encountered two minor problems which doesn't really affect the game much but you still might want to take a look at them.

# 1

The town map has a bug/glitch where if you open it inside S.S. Anne, it displays incorrect data/location. This is encountered wether you open the map from your bag or taking a look on the map posted in the Captain's Cabin (the seasick one)

# 2 

My Trapinch's Bulldozer move seems to work improperly. Bulldozer only hits one random enemy when used in a double encounter contrary to its description which says it damages all Moemon.

Oh and on a side note, I can't seem to get a Shedinja from a Nincada even though I cleared all the conditions to get one (evolve Nincada, spare an extra slot on Moemons, an extra Pokeball)

I may look like I'm complaining but I truly love your game and will stay as one of my favorite Pokemon games. I'll try your Moemon Emerald later after I finish FireRed [I wish trading between them is possible (>~<) ] This is supposed to be an appreciation/feedback post so yeah I love you all (no uguu) and I'll be supporting you so keep up the good work !

On 5/29/2020 at 9:46 AM, manwhofails said:

so this my first time doing anything like this and would like some help on what to do i've downloaded the vbam emulator for my chromebook(does this even work on chromebook?) i know the file is an ibs patch and am currently fumbling around trying to get it to work and i figured that i should probably ask people that know what they're doing better than i do

(edit: iv'e read the read me and i am still pretty lost s.o.s halp pls)

Step 1 :

Download a clean FireRed rom named "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba" 

*Search it on Google or something*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 2

Download an IPS patcher ( I personally use Lunar IPS )

*Again, you can search for it in Google*

Step 3 :

Open your IPS patcher, select the Moemon IPS file, then select the Pokemon FireRed rom to start patching.

*Getting duplicates of the FireRed rom and the Moemon IPS file for backup is advised so you can try it again if it (somehow) fails*

After patching, you should get the modified FireRed rom with Moemons in it.

*Renaming it is advised so you wouldn't get confused which is the Moemon rom and which is the clean FireRed rom.*

Step 4 

Open your VBA, go to Option, then Emulator, click Save Type, then select Automatic AND 128k Flash. This is done so that your save files won't be corrupted.

Step 5

In your VBA, select File, choose Open, then navigate to where your Moemon rom (the modified FireRed) is saved. 

Your game should be working at this point, starting from selecting a gender, name, rival and starter Moemon. Enjoy and hope this helps.

Edited by SugarCoated

Hey its me again and I'm here just to say that :

Mega Evolution is bugged/glitchy in double battles.

Mega Charizard Y's "Drought" ability doesn't seem to work after the transformation unless switched out then switched back in.

Yeah I'm loving the game so far and might come back to report some more issues. I'm not asking for them to be fixed right away, I don't want to pressure you people so I'm just giving a feedback. Keep up the good work and stay safe/healthy. Byeee.

I play at the moment Moemon Hearthgold on my Switch. It feels realy nostalgica and fresh. I like it more than Sword and Shield (>w<)

I took a peek into Mega Moemon Fire Red, but played just to much Kanto region, to feel any fun, also it feels realy hard that game.

For Emerald i probably wait until Mega Moemon Emerald is out. It seems like you guys are working on animated sprite for that ?

I even consider remaking maybe some of the sprite designs into 3d. The Mega Charizard on the FireRed title screen realy kicked me out of my shoes OwO !!

And i also wanted to say ""thanks"" for these mod's and sprite designs (Ow<)b  (even if this thread feels kinda dead, besides SugarCoated)

8 hours ago, LaikoSenpai said:

Sorry, but I have a question.

I currently have 1.1.8 (Eevee patch with Glaceon and Sylveon) but I'm unaware how to get Sylveon? Or Espeon or Umbreon either. Sorry if this is an already answered question but I've been having difficulty ^^;

I think it's either using the Sun Stone or the Moon Stone for Espeon and Umbreon, and Glaceon and Sylveon replace Espeon and Umbreon in that patch, so save before using a Sun/Moon Stone and then see if it's the right one. You can buy Sun/Moon Stones from a guy inside the Cerulean City Pokemart, not the regular person behind the counter though. 

6 hours ago, PhyBee said:

I think it's either using the Sun Stone or the Moon Stone for Espeon and Umbreon, and Glaceon and Sylveon replace Espeon and Umbreon in that patch, so save before using a Sun/Moon Stone and then see if it's the right one. You can buy Sun/Moon Stones from a guy inside the Cerulean City Pokemart, not the regular person behind the counter though. 

I see! Thanks so much. I'll try that out when I open up the game next! :D

Can anyone tell me how to insert the Castform sprites into a rom? I like to use the sprites with other hacks like Der Erif or just a plain fire red, but I can't seem to get the Castform sprites inserted without the colors meshing together across all the forms. The closest I have gotten it to work is with Gen 3 Hacking Suit, but then I can't randomize it. 

On 6/10/2020 at 4:29 AM, destasoul said:

i have download both games but seems that the mega moemon does not work its does not say how to install the moemon.

Step 1 :

Step 2 : 

Step 3 :

Open your IPS patcher, select the Moemon IPS file ( the file you downloaded from here ; extracting is optimal ), then select the Pokemon FireRed rom to start patching.

*Getting duplicates of the FireRed rom and the Moemon IPS file for backup is advised so you can try it again if it (somehow) fails*

*Renaming it is advised so you wouldn't get confused which is the Moemon rom and which is the clean FireRed rom.*

Step 4 

Open your VBA ( this emulator works best for GBA games ; download it if you haven't yet ; I personally use VBA Link though so I can trade Pokémons ) , go to Option, then Emulator, click Save Type, then select Automatic AND 128k Flash. This is done so that your save files won't be corrupted.

Step 5

In your VBA, select File, choose Open, then navigate to where your Moemon rom (the modified FireRed) is saved. 

Your game should be working at this point, starting from selecting a gender, name, rival and starter Moemon. Enjoy and hope this helps. 

Edited by SugarCoated
3 hours ago, SugarCoated said:

Step 1 :

Step 2 : 

Step 3 :

Open your IPS patcher, select the Moemon IPS file ( the file you downloaded from here ; extracting is optimal ), then select the Pokemon FireRed rom to start patching.

Step 4 

Open your VBA ( this emulator works best for GBA games ; download it if you haven't yet ; I personally use VBA Link though so I can trade Pokémons ) , go to Option, then Emulator, click Save Type, then select Automatic AND 128k Flash. This is done so that your save files won't be corrupted.

Step 5

Lunar doesn't work in this case as the files are too big.

I've tried it. I had to use Upset (which is made by the same person iirc).

On 6/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, Septentrion said:

I swear I'm the only person in the community that remembers this place exists.

First of all, you're wrong about this.

I'm still here reporting bugs and glitches like a five year old.

Second, what's new/fixed in the version 1.1.9 update ? Can I use my save file from version 1.1.8c ?

And as always, thank you for a wonderful ( and moe ) game and stay safe !

SGc30jd.png

15 hours ago, SugarCoated said:

First of all, you're wrong about this.

I'm still here reporting bugs and glitches like a five year old.

Second, what's new/fixed in the version 1.1.9 update ? Can I use my save file from version 1.1.8c ?

And as always, thank you for a wonderful ( and moe ) game and stay safe !

I mean the community that actually makes this. A lot of changes and additions are still being made even though we don't work here anymore.