Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

Hello i hope this is okay to post here.

Im trying to play this on my psp but when i boot the game the screen stays black just before oak appears. So far i have tested TempGBA mod and UO gpSP kai.

I also ran the game with VBA on my pc to make sure the game itsself is not damaged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by EternalPride
Guest Artorias

Hey everyone! I could use a little help... I don't know if it's a big or not but the original location of the old rod is gone! Am I being stupid and went past it ? I'd really appreciate the info.

Guest Denghis.Dong
16 hours ago, Guest Artorias said:

Hey everyone! I could use a little help... I don't know if it's a big or not but the original location of the old rod is gone! Am I being stupid and went past it ? I'd really appreciate the info.

The old rod was involved in a major glitch and was removed.

im having trouble actually patching the game can someone give or tell me the best rom download for it?

Edit: wait no i think im just stupid

Edit2: nope version 1.1.7b straight up wont patch

Edit3: so uhhh if i look at the read me text file i would have known lol

Edited by NanoSounds115

Questions, if anyone could answer:

-Should i start now or should i wait this 1.2.0 version? (if it's gonna take more months or not)

-How many new pokemons are included? you know, from Gen 4 ahead.

-is it recommended to use a randomizer? or does the game try being random aleadry to include all the new moefied pokemon?

-can i help the project by doing a ginjika artwork or only sprites?

Edited by Icarus
7 hours ago, Icarus said:

Questions, if anyone could answer:

-Should i start now or should i wait this 1.2.0 version? (if it's gonna take more months or not)

-How many new pokemons are included? you know, from Gen 4 ahead.

-is it recommended to use a randomizer? or does the game try being random aleadry to include all the new moefied pokemon?

-can i help the project by doing a ginjika artwork or only sprites?

Only a fellow player so I can only realistically answer the 3rd question. You shouldn't randomize as it does cause issues. There are tons of extra pokes at every place you can encounter so it shouldn't be a problem

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Icarus said:

is there like luxray in the hack yet? can i see what the sprite looks like? 

im thinking of either making one or updating one, depending on what you show/tell me

She's one of the few who should still be updated in the drive. She hasn't been worked on in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 10:29 PM, silverfan420 said:

I've run into a problem/bug
I can't seem to get an Eevee evolve into anything, is there some lvl cap I must reach before he evolves into like a Flareon, Jolteon, ETC?
I do have the right stones for each said evolution but nothing happens even after I lvl them up.

Maybe you already figured it out, but you have to use the stones on Eevee.

4 hours ago, Nersmond said:

Why can't Cacturne learn any offensive Grass moves past Absorb? Even the TMs that worked in the original don't work anymore.

There's a huge battle data update that's most of the way done. It might just label 1.1.7c, but the entire game's movesets is being checked and rebablance. It's someone else working on it, but they are very active in the community. Look out for new moves on the moves tutor in the next update as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

First of all, thanks for this awesome project. I've been enjoying it for a while on an emulator.

However I'm usually out and I play most of my games in my 3ds. I converted this to a .cia file and installed it. The game started nicely, but after the short controls tutorial screen (when Professor Oak is supposed to appear), I get a black screen. Any ideas about how to solve this? I can run other games like Moemon Emerald with no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lunar IPS keeps giving me this error when I try to create the ips file (Screen Shot).

I can't use Lunar IPS on a UPS file to patch the rom file.

The rom file is the correct one. 

Is there another patcher I can use?

EDIT: I got the rom patched. I used the patcher called upset.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Mudonis
Updated Info.
On 1/25/2020 at 11:14 PM, kikirikiki said:

este el primero de mi pixerart

loppuny.jpg

That's a decent composite, but Lopunny is a moemon a lot of people have opinions on. You should join the discord server and maybe use some different bases we have.

Also, NEVER save as JPEG when doing pixelart. The PNG format is needed.

29 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

That's a decent composite, but Lopunny is a moemon a lot of people have opinions on. You should join the discord server and maybe use some different bases we have.

Also, NEVER save as JPEG when doing pixelart. The PNG format is needed.

Yep! Transparency is 100% necessary when creating sprites. Otherwise you'll have a big white (or sometimes black) box around everything which doesn't look nice at all.