Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

Hello! I created an account just for this topic here. I'm currently playing both Moemon Platinum and Moemon Heartgold and I'm absolutely loving every second of it. The spriteworks are amazing <3 and kudos to every artist involved in the process.
Unfortunately I ran into some trouble. I followed the instruction to reinsert the specified files into the roms, and everything went well except for evo.narc. As I understood it, after I inserted it then the unobtainable evos should become obtainable in game, right? Well, I got to the point where got a Leaf Stone in Platinum and I can't use it on my eevee to evolve it into Leafeon, unlike what the readme says (This ovewrites the mossy rock/icy rock in platinum, but will allow them to be obtained in HG/SS). I tried reinserting those files again specifically just in case I did something wrong, but it still doesn't do anything in game.
Also, still on the same topic, but at what level does trade evos evolve? I have lv36 graveler and lv37 haunter in platinum and hg respectively and they both haven't evolved. The readme doesn't say anything about that. Sorry if it's already been asked in this thread before. Any help would be appreciated :]

Hello, I am haveing the same problem as the above person, except it's with Heart gold. I have a slowpoke and the kings rock and it does not seem to work. I have reinserted evolve.narc multiple times and it seems not to work. Also the trade evolutions having a gudie to when the evolve would be nice. IDK if thats bugged or not cause IDK which level the evolve at. Thank you for your time.

Hi, I too am having the same problem as the above 2 people, and I'm playing Platinum as well. I have a scyther and it does not work. And it seems like it messes up with other evolution that require specific time to evolve as well. I have a gligar and it will not evolve although I level it up at night time and holding razor fang. Other time based events works such as massage and lottery. 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:12 AM, Julius said:

Hello! I created an account just for this topic here. I'm currently playing both Moemon Platinum and Moemon Heartgold and I'm absolutely loving every second of it. The spriteworks are amazing <3 and kudos to every artist involved in the process.
Unfortunately I ran into some trouble. I followed the instruction to reinsert the specified files into the roms, and everything went well except for evo.narc. As I understood it, after I inserted it then the unobtainable evos should become obtainable in game, right? Well, I got to the point where got a Leaf Stone in Platinum and I can't use it on my eevee to evolve it into Leafeon, unlike what the readme says (This ovewrites the mossy rock/icy rock in platinum, but will allow them to be obtained in HG/SS). I tried reinserting those files again specifically just in case I did something wrong, but it still doesn't do anything in game.
Also, still on the same topic, but at what level does trade evos evolve? I have lv36 graveler and lv37 haunter in platinum and hg respectively and they both haven't evolved. The readme doesn't say anything about that. Sorry if it's already been asked in this thread before. Any help would be appreciated :]

On 9/16/2020 at 7:05 PM, BreakerXIII said:

Hello, I am haveing the same problem as the above person, except it's with Heart gold. I have a slowpoke and the kings rock and it does not seem to work. I have reinserted evolve.narc multiple times and it seems not to work. Also the trade evolutions having a gudie to when the evolve would be nice. IDK if thats bugged or not cause IDK which level the evolve at. Thank you for your time.

I found the solution. The reason is that the evo.narc that Moemon gave you simply doesn't work. 

To fix it, first backup everything. You have to patch a brand new evo.narc from vanilla rom into your current one. This reset the evolution method. Then follow this instruction: 

It  have the same effect with the evo.narc that Moemon gave you, But this ACTUALLY WORKS.

The only difference is Glaceon is evolve with Dawn Stone instead of Shiny Stone.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, henryauyong said:

I found the solution. The reason is that the evo.narc that Moemon gave you simply doesn't work. 

Hello! I just tried your solution and it works like a charm! My Graveler finally evolved to Golem in Platinum at the level specified in the site. Thank you so much! Now I can continue playing the games :D

18 hours ago, LeandroR19 said:

Hi, I just download the new version of this game. And for some reason I cannot play it on my emulator. I'm using Visual Boy Advance by the way, and I don't know why it's not working. Can somebody explain me how?

If you have an Android phone or tablet you can use JohnGBA or JohnGBAC.

They are in the GooglePlay store.

Is there a tool for editing the map? A-map has an issue where every poke ID above 411 is dropping down to 411. I looked into how to expand A-map but it didnt seem like something you could do in bulk. Havnt hacked roms for ten years and was kinda noob anyway...

I am scouring the discord hoping this is mentioned there, but I cannot post there because discord wont allow me to claim my account. But all I see are questions about getting the game working

On 10/16/2020 at 8:46 AM, Kataphraktoi said:

Is there a tool for editing the map? A-map has an issue where every poke ID above 411 is dropping down to 411. I looked into how to expand A-map but it didnt seem like something you could do in bulk. Havnt hacked roms for ten years and was kinda noob anyway...

I am scouring the discord hoping this is mentioned there, but I cannot post there because discord wont allow me to claim my account. But all I see are questions about getting the game working

You have to make hex edits to a specific version of A-map. This version of the game is nearing the end of devolopement.