Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

2 hours ago, Septentrion said:

I know a bunch of the features are very old, but I thought the rombase itself was from 2016. Lots of rombases create MrDollStreak.

I'll like to see what you can do. I anticipated the possibility of recreating the hack.

We can start by defining the key features that you consider necessary for this project. I can add them via hex edit to avoid any issues in the rombase.

I think that the main features that we want are:

- 721 (or 802?) slots for pokémons

- Mega Evolution

- Physical/Special/Status Gen IV split

- Fairy-type, of course

But we have to remember that each of these features have their own bugs, for example, the mega evolutions with touched function will bug the link battles (and double battles, if i'm not mistaken)

Edited by Yatogami
2 hours ago, Moetal said:

I get called memebear all the time, but I know I ain't one so it doesn't bother me. I like cute things and I don't feel the need to hide it. 

Are you secretly a memebear? If not, then be brave and embrace the moes and install moemon.

What we need is Mama Bear Ursaring.

54 minutes ago, Yatogami said:

We can start by defining the key features that you consider necessary for this project. I can add them via hex edit to avoid any issues in the rombase.

I think that the main features that we want are:

- 721 (or 802?) slots for pokémons

- Mega Evolution

- Physical/Special/Status Gen IV split

- Fairy-type, of course

But we have to remember that each of these features have their own bugs, for example, the mega evolutions with touched function will bug the link battles (and double battles, if i'm not mistaken)

The current known bugs are a glitch pokedex during captures(not a big deal for moemon) and that mega-evolutions simply don't happen for double battles. Link battles are very rare for emulation and such a bug will be listed in a readme.

You have listed all of the features needed. I'm reliant on Google for simple hex edits as I don't know my way around Firered data-wise. I'm sure something like changing the shiny rate is simple with the right knowledge.

On 8/5/2017 at 1:21 PM, Leafjewel said:

You're probably using the wrong rom. The specific rom you need is 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U) (Squirrels).gba

No other rom will work, but you thankfully only need a quick google search to find it.

I think the original post needs to be updated to specify that this rom in particular is the only one that works so that we don't have to keep answering this question. Also, I can finally see the Moemon sprites in the Gen III Hacking Suite, but boy those constant errors are annoying.

Edit: These errors in particular are about movesets. The error says:

"Moves have not been fully loaded because there was an error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to a bad number in the ini or the learned move data offset is bad/corrupted. The error occurred trying to read move #xxx. The current number of moves is: 354."

where xxx is some number greater than 354. This happens almost every time I move to another Pokemon (Metapod and Kakuna are exceptions). Since this is just the editing software and does not effect the gameplay as far as I can tell, this can be mostly ignored. And yes, I am using the provided .ini file.

Thanks, I've gotten it to work now, very happy too, been horribly addicted, was gonna try to hack my 3ds to have a homebrew emulator on that, but that was a bust as it's a royal pain to do, will stick to pc with my steam controller instead for now :)

Also, noticed Magnamite wasn't done yet, one of my fav Pokemon, hope to see it added in the near future :D

Hi, I just found moemon all over again, glad it's still developing.

Trying to help this time instead of just lurking, although this is my first time doing pixel art.

Not the most needed one, but since there are lot of resource in this thread I tried doing venomoth.

Tried fixing the size and alter the eyes to suit the back sprite

uzVMjfK.png

Increased ponytail volume and alter some shading and eye shape

7UP5JhA.png

6 and 10 with bigger eyes 

gMEyDBz.png

PS: Site won't let me edit my previous post and somehow now if I log in it leads me to 502 bad gateway, but it's ok on incognito. Anyone knows why?

EDIT:

Attempted fixing hitmonlee. Got overconfident on my anatomy skill and decided to draw one from scratch, instant regret. So I also tried to fix the original one.

iyxuOux.png

Edited by abstranger
so I won't double post

Venomoth 6 and 10 with and without the bigger eyes. The shape of the face seemed off, so I tried fixing it, and her neck was bothering me, so I made it a pixel skinnier. Venomoth 10's winking eye seemed to be too far to the right by a pixel, so I moved it, but I don't know if that made it better or worse.

rxPyJeA.png

I moved backsprite 3's eye down by a pixel and then it more or less just looked like backsprite 2 with a slightly different eye once I put the shading and eyeshadow back on. I messed with some of the ponytail's outlines and I took off the top collar because Venomoth's frontsprite doesn't have it.

vrzY8Dl.png

RRlyWro.png

It turn's out that the light grays have sight differences in the palette. This hasn't caused any problems yet.

ovwh5Id.png

9 hours ago, Moetal said:

Back to the beginning.

Untitled-1.jpg

I guess the current Ivysuar looks too old. Pants Blastiose looks great. I don't think Charmeleon needed to look happy, but now she finally has a real backsprite.

Edited by Septentrion
1 hour ago, Moetal said:

Best I can do for now. Hoenn starter next or Johto?

starter.jpg

Wow, that Venusaur. I'm going to have to look over the family to figure out what's Mega evolving into what.

Unless @Yatogami comes out with an amazing ROM that for otherwise some reason can't have as many pokemon slots, then we can have starter sets going up to Kalos. However, the responsible answer is Johto, which is mostly a matter of collection, while later sets would have to be made from scratch.

Since we seem to be going to the Johto starters, I updated the google drive with more sprites.

@Septentrion

Do you want to put the link to the google drive on the front post? I'm pretty sure the link stays the same when I update the folders, but if I don't repost it, it's going to get lost in all of these posts and pages.

On that thought, are there any sprites you want me to put in the google drive?

Edit: If we use Moetal's Venusaur as regular Venusaur, we can scrap the Mega Venusaur I was working on and use old/the current regular Venusaur as Mega Venusaur. Or we could use Moetal's as Mega Venusaur. Use whichever combination you want.

Edited by Leafjewel
7 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

Since we seem to be going to the Johto starters, I updated the google drive with more sprites.

@Septentrion

Do you want to put the link to the google drive on the front post? I'm pretty sure the link stays the same when I update the folders, but if I don't repost it, it's going to get lost in all of these posts and pages.

On that thought, are there any sprites you want me to put in the google drive?

Edit: If we use Moetal's Venusaur as regular Venusaur, we can scrap the Mega Venusaur I was working on and use old/the current regular Venusaur as Mega Venusaur. Or we could use Moetal's as Mega Venusaur. Use whichever combination you want.

Your drive is in the front post now.

I'm think the Moetal's Sprite being the Mega. Gaining an item works better. There might need to be adjustments to line up well.

Hmmmmmm

w6GkTxC.png

Do you think you could drop an updated INI file? The one you've currently got in the download only goes to base ROM number 0002 but (assuming I'm reading my hex editor right) you've currently got ROM number 0005 as the base for your patch (meaning I can't make an INI for the Advance Sprite Editor to function). It'd be a huge help if you could drop an updated version somewhere so that I could grab that latest set of Moemon Sprites (and the updated INI would probably fix some of the issues other people were having earlier in the thread).

15 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

Hmmmmmm

w6GkTxC.png

My first thought when I saw that sprite originally was that he could be a Hitmontop (after some editing). Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking that. Maybe his back hand could touch the ground instead so he doesn't look like he's floating upside down.

Edit: I'll do my best to keep the google drive updated with every new patch. Sprites that are in the current patch will be in the Kanto Johto, and Hoenn folders (with more folders coming as more gens get added). Other sprites will be in the "Not in Patch" folder and its subfolders.

Edited by Leafjewel
10 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

I'll do my best to keep the google drive updated with every new patch. Sprites that are in the current patch will be in the Kanto Johto, and Hoenn folders (with more folders coming as more gens get added). Other sprites will be in the "Not in Patch" folder and its subfolders.

Yeah, I was mainly asking because I've already got automated "copy and replace" scripts up for the advance sprite editor (which is what I use for my Other Moemon Emerald Patch). Having a working version of that means that I can do the whole replacement process in like 15 minutes, where without it things take a fair bit longer since the file names/format/etc. aren't exactly in the standardized version I've been using.

Edited by OtherPlayers
22 minutes ago, OtherPlayers said:

Do you think you could drop an updated INI file? The one you've currently got in the download only goes to base ROM number 0002 but (assuming I'm reading my hex editor right) you've currently got ROM number 0005 as the base for your patch (meaning I can't make an INI for the Advance Sprite Editor to function). It'd be a huge help if you could drop an updated version somewhere so that I could grab that latest set of Moemon Sprites (and the updated INI would probably fix some of the issues other people were having earlier in the thread).

I don't think it'll change that much until some major decisions are made. Here's what I have:

[0005]
name = Pokemon FireRed (E)
gamecode = BPRE
numberofpokes = 1020
pokebasestats = 0x80fe34
pokebasestatslength = 0x1C
pokenames = 0x80d260
pokenameslength = 0xB
typenames = 0x961b50
typenameslength = 0x7
numberoftypes = 24
items = 0x3db028
numberofitems = 375
itemsdatalength = 0x2C
abilities = 0x950000
numberofabilities = 156
abiltiesnamelength = 0xD
egggroups = Monster,Water1,Bug,Flying,Field,Fairy,Grass,Human-Like,Water3,Mineral,Amorphous,Water2,Ditto,Dragon,Undiscovered
leveluptypes = Medium-Fast,Erratic,Fluctuating,Medium-Slow,Fast,Slow
learnedmoves = 0x816dc4
learnedmoveslength = 0x2
attacknames = 0x901800
numberofattacks = 511
attacknamelength = 0xD
eggmovepointer1 = 0x045C50
eggmovepointer2 = 0x045CC8
eggmovelimit = 0x045CC4
tmhmcompatibility = 0x8b54f4
tmhmcompatibilitylength = 8
tmlist = 0x45a80c
tmlistentrylength = 2
numberoftms = 50
numberofhms = 8
evolutiontable = 0x74fc2c
evolutionsperpoke = 8
lengthofoneentry = 8
evolutionmethods = Breeding Only,Friendship,Friendship (Day),Friendship (Night),Level-Up,Trade,Trade (Hold Item),Stone,ATK > DEF,ATK = DEF,ATK < DEF,PID (Wurmple->Silcoon),PID (Wurmple->Cascoon),Spawn a Second,Create Spawn,Beauty
evomethodsproperties = None,None,None,None,Level,None,Item,Item,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,None
evolutiontablepointers = 0x42F6C,0x42FBC,0x43138,0x4599C,0xCE8C4
offsetstochangetolslr0r60x1 = 0x42f9c,0x43182,0x43026,0x43008,0x43016,0x43050,0x4307A,0x430A8,0x430C8,0x430EC,0x430FC
offsetstochangetonewminus1 = 0x43116,0x4319e,0x459A2
theshedinjafix = 0xCE766
changetonewnumbertimes8 = 0x4598A,0x459C0,0x4598E,0x459C2
pokedex = 0x8ceb80
lengthofpokedexentry = 0x24
nationaldexorder = 0x8b44fc
numofnondexpokesbetweencelebiandtreeko = 25
numofnondexpokesafterchimecho = 28
dextype = FRLG
jambo51learnedmovehack = False
movetutorcomp = 0x8b74d4
movetutorcomplen = 2
movetutorattacks = 0x459b60
mtattackslen = 2
mtattacksnum = 15
frontspritetable = 0x817db4
backspritetable = 0x819d94
frontpalettetable = 0x81bd74
shinypalettetable = 0x81dd54
enemyytable = 0x820d24
playerytable = 0x81fd34
enemyaltitudetable = 0x821d14
iconspritetable = 0x8b3110
iconpalettetable = 0x8b4100
iconpalettes = 0x3d3740
numiconpalettes = 3
itemanimationtable = 0x8c1bf4
itemanimationtableentlen = 5
hoenncryauxtable = 0x8c8d3c
footprints = 0x8cdb90
habitats = 0x452c4c
habitatpointers = 0x106888,0x1068C8,0x106990,0x1069F8,0x106A98
locationnames = 0x3F1CAC
locationstart = 0x58
locationend = 0xC4
locationtblfmt = 1

4 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

My first thought when I saw that sprite originally was that he could be a Hitmontop (after some editing). Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking that. Maybe his back hand could touch the ground instead so he doesn't look like he's floating upside down.

Maybe like this? Feel free to alter the colour palette, I still have no idea how to do those

uriQZDQ.png

EDIT

added back sprite

aBP0TWV.png

Edited by abstranger

I'll get to work getting Moetal's Venusaur and Blastiose down to 16 colors. (edit: could someone do Charmeleon in the meantime?)

Are we sure we got the Hitmon eyes size right? HItmontop's skin palette should be close to hitmonlee.

Edited by Septentrion