Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I really love this project, but I can't offer my help since I can't do shit about spriting.

It's easier than it looks, really. Most of my (granted small) spriting achievements mainly come just from opening up a sprite in GIMP and fiddling with it until it looks better, or finding a picture online and then trying to recreate that picture with pixels of a limited color count. It's got a really low bar of entry, honest.

There are other skill which might help.

The icons by their nature can't be high quality and mostly relies on being a chibi ensemble.

There's also the possibility that someone might have specific coding knowledge. This would be extra features and I might talk about them more after the Kanto is down. I'm currentlly looking into what's possible. Anything code be done in psuedo code, but it doesn't even seem like there's an easy way to do seemingly simple stuff checking a pokemon's gender.

Even someone who just has experience making maps in Firered could be helpful.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:51 PM, Moetal said:

Motivation going down the drain quickly.

Are you feeling better about a different region's starters?

#org 0x25E770
bufferpartypokemon 0x0 0x0
msgbox #org 0x25E778 MSG_NORMAL

#org 0x25E778
= I would love to tell you more\n about [buffer1] but that\l will have to wait for\l a future version of moemon.

I'm going to be working less on code and more on sprites until the goal is reached. I could probably make some NPC tell you about things we invent about individual moemon from the personality values. I can't factor in many other things though.

'Member Pinsir?

@Leafjewel

Do you have any lying around for Pinsir's backsprite? I decided I will put in Pinsir in the immediate future. I can finish up that backsprite and I would rather have people focusing on Kadabra's and Alakazam's backsprite.

On 9/12/2017 at 9:56 AM, Moetal said:

I have an easier time fixing stuff than creating them from scratch. The Hoenn line is a big mess at the moment.

So no penguin girls in the near future. Also, how are you going to have any Hoenn starter megas? You don't even have to be consistent about which ones you do.

Edited by Septentrion
10 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

So no penguin girls in the near future. Also, how are you going to have any Hoenn starter megas? You don't even have to be consistent about which ones you do.

I'm not touching megas. I actually don't know why I am even here. I'm going back to my thread.

2 minutes ago, Moetal said:

I'm not touching megas. I actually don't know why I am even here. I'm going back to my thread.

Your thread? I was wondering if you were going to update the other version for the legendary birds and such. There are definitely purist who would prefer that, not to mention what a randomizer would do to this ROM.

On 9/13/2017 at 4:42 PM, Leafjewel said:

Time to put my foot down. I'll be coming back and working on Moemon again starting tomorrow.

@Septentrion

I don't quite remember where we were going with Pinsir.

PdwcNLI.png

c4dmJ3J.png

7TbOgpr.png

PKppRB0.png

We just wanted the spear in the backsprite. Pinsir was pretty close to being put in when we forgot about her. The spear doesn't have to be where she's holding it in the frontsprite. My emergency plan was drawing in the small side sticking up as if the big side was at the ground.

I wanted asymmetrical spear because I felt like it was hard to tell that the horns were part of a polearm.

Edit: I'm sure this was an improvement over my last attempt to add the spear.

IUar3VS.png

Edited by Septentrion

@laGashetaHardcore

I think the problem with the bigger-eyed Chikorita is that the face proportions/angles are off. Moving the mouth by a pixel seems to fix it for the most part. Noses are optional, but they do make the angle more clear (I think).

lHDyXyf.png

I like that Treecko and Torchic is okay, but I think Mudkip's head is not as good as the other starters'.

Edit: Merged Harcore's edit's left arm onto Pinsir. Also made the outline on the backsprtie's hand black to match the frontsprite.

Nog95MP.png

Edited by Leafjewel