Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

I cleaned the two of them up and gave them actual shinies. And now I realize that even though they have a separate mouth color, they don't have any blush.

X0JPVOn.png

@laGashetaHardcore

Your Goldeen had a couple of extra colors, so I fixed the palette. I also softened the outlines. However, the current Seaking uses the same body, so your Seaking needs an actual backsprite before this Goldeen can be in the patch.

zk5UjlJ.png

Edit: Should I change the settings on the google drive so that anyone with the link can edit it? The current settings are that only I can edit it and everyone else can view and download all files.

Edit 2: @Septentrion

I found the updated version of Seviper.

NpNu1m6.png

Edited by Leafjewel
19 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Edit: Should I change the settings on the google drive so that anyone with the link can edit it? The current settings are that only I can edit it and everyone else can view and download all files.

Probably not. All it takes is one person with a hard-on for destruction and a dislike of moemon and it'd require you to do a mass replace of all the files each time. It's really cool that we have them available for people to see individually, and while I like the idea of individuals being able to edit them to make it a truly community effort I also know enough about griefers that I don't necessarily trust that effort to something as lenient as Google Drive.

@OtherPlayers

That's what worried me the most. And it's also the reason why I keep a duplicate folder of all the Moemon files on my computer.

I suppose if anyone truly wants editing power of the Google Drive they can just PM a gmail account. So long as files don't start randomly disappearing, I don't care if the email given to me has a "real" name attached to it or not.

Edited by Leafjewel

@Moetal

The left Meganium is closer to the actual Pokemon since Meganium only has one flower, but I think the right Meganium's design and pose are more unique. The only real problem I see with the right Meganium is that her antennae are either not easily visible or not there at all, so she might need to replace the flower crown with the headband.

@Moetal

I agree with what Leafjewel says. Mega Venusaur already uses the left's design a bit.

Also, we're going to have to have some patch of Grass with the Johto Starters. It subjective, but I think right before Mount Moon is the best place. Of course, Erika's gym will feature some chikoritas and bayleefs. Meganium will be with the Victory Road trainer as one of the "in case you didn't get it, here's what it looks like" moemon.

I changed Chikorita's eye back to normal. The backsprites' leaves looked kind of strange, so I edited them a bit. I'm not sure if these are any better though. No one remembered Bayleef's head leaf hole, so I put that in. Bayleef's hands looked tiny so I made them bigger.

WfdqLAI.png

I don't even care about blush that much, so I'm not sure why I wanted to put some on Togepi and Togetic. Togepi's blush might need to be fixed. 

Wcb6jJL.png

Hello,

first: thanks for this amazing project, and good luck with it.

Also, just I'm pretty sure the thing is being adressed as I wrote this, but the TM learning is kinda... odd. Like mankey unable to learn brick break, Drowzee learning bullet seed, Gyarados unable to learn water pulse etc... I'm sure someone already said it, but just in case I wanted to tell it.

And thanks again for this amazing project.

2 hours ago, Scipion said:

Also, just I'm pretty sure the thing is being adressed as I wrote this, but the TM learning is kinda... odd. Like mankey unable to learn brick break, Drowzee learning bullet seed, Gyarados unable to learn water pulse etc... I'm sure someone already said it, but just in case I wanted to tell it.

People haven't been that open about issues and bugs. The TM learnsets seems to been wrong since the baserom. I can fix it.

If there are any other problems, or if someone finishes the game without it breaking, please speak up.

21 hours ago, Septentrion said:

People haven't been that open about issues and bugs. The TM learnsets seems to been wrong since the baserom. I can fix it.

If there are any other problems, or if someone finishes the game without it breaking, please speak up.

Was wondering if Magikarp being able to learn Thief via TM was just something you added. A little bug I encountered is during a double wild battle if you catch the Moemon on the left if will say the name of whoever was on the right. My battle was Glameow and Bellsprout and it called Bellsprout Glameow despite showing the correct Pokedex entry.

Curious is the game fully finished with replacement or are there some parts that haven't been done yet? I was on an earlier patch that didn't have a Magnemite Moemon so the Super Nerd in Mt. Moon had normal Magnemite with Moemon Voltorb.

1 hour ago, Ranji said:

Was wondering if Magikarp being able to learn Thief via TM was just something you added. A little bug I encountered is during a double wild battle if you catch the Moemon on the left if will say the name of whoever was on the right. My battle was Glameow and Bellsprout and it called Bellsprout Glameow despite showing the correct Pokedex entry.

Curious is the game fully finished with replacement or are there some parts that haven't been done yet? I was on an earlier patch that didn't have a Magnemite Moemon so the Super Nerd in Mt. Moon had normal Magnemite with Moemon Voltorb.

Yes, this is unfinished, although there are eight left for Kanto. Magnemite was put in very recently.

Mega evolution also doesn't work during double battles. At least the capture thing is only a text bug.

Edited by Septentrion