Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

(my english is bad)
Hellow.
First of all : I love your work :3
I encountered a bug : I was fishing with the old rod and get a double fight. A Magikarp and a.... bug '^' ( And I get this bug everytime I double-fight a fished magikarp with an old rod. I don't know for the other rods, I don't have them yet )
Bug
On the 7th and 8th pic, the bugged pokemon take the sprite of the last pokemon selected. 

3 hours ago, Lidelse said:

I encountered a bug : I was fishing with the old rod and get a double fight. A Magikarp and a.... bug '^' ( And I get this bug everytime I double-fight a fished magikarp with an old rod. I don't know for the other rods, I don't have them yet )

Double Battles seem very rare with the Old Rod at least. It's rare enough that I could see how it escaped as I had to make encounters with the old rod at least ten times. I haven't managed a second encounter after about 100 more, so I guess the ratio is at most 1 in 32 encounters. The one double battle was on Route 24. I don't know if I'm just having bad luck testing this.

Maybe I have to murder the Old Rod guy or all the fishing gurus. I could also just list this as a know bug in Readmes and the FAQ.

Edit: @Lidelse

As of this moment, I haven't been able to get a repeat. Would it be safe to say the chance could be as low as 1 in 256? You seemed to have gotten this encounter more than 1 time.

I'm testing the Super Rod as of now.

Edited by Septentrion

Problem solving:

rieGiyV.png

I haven't yet tried to turbo fish with the Good Rod yet. Can't guarantee Super Rod is working with the glitch rate being so low. I'm going to have to list the bugs now, but at least they are avoidable during the course of normal game. The National Dex Sorting mode crashes the game, although the other methods work fine.

I fixed the HMs by tedium, but TMs will take more time. I'll like the Abra, Kadabra, and Mega Blastiose finished for the next IPS.

The Johto starters will be on Route 4.

3 hours ago, JLBoi69 said:

You install this just like the original patch through Luna ips right? I cant seem to get it running no matter what i do. It always crashes right before oak starts talking in the introduction.

That is the correct way to install it, but you might be using the wrong rom. The rom required for this patch is Fire Red (U) Squirrels.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:16 AM, Scipion said:

I found another bug. I encountered a shiny Cubone, captured it, the fight ended normally. But the Cubone did not appeared in my box.

Did the box overflow? I don't know why the shininess and this glitch would be connected without outside tinkering.

Cheat codes are not reliable in hacks. Were you using a cheat code?

Edited by Septentrion
On 8/30/2017 at 0:56 AM, Septentrion said:

Problem solving:

rieGiyV.png

I haven't yet tried to turbo fish with the Good Rod yet. Can't guarantee Super Rod is working with the glitch rate being so low. I'm going to have to list the bugs now, but at least they are avoidable during the course of normal game. The National Dex Sorting mode crashes the game, although the other methods work fine.

I'm wanting to say the fishing glitch was probably because of double battle being enabled while fishing (which I don't think the main games do) and since the Old Rod only has Magikarp it had to pick something to take the place of the second one. So some other solutions would be disable double battle while fishing or add Luvdisc to the Old Rod encounters like X/Y did.

On 8/31/2017 at 0:33 PM, Ranji said:

I'm wanting to say the fishing glitch was probably because of double battle being enabled while fishing (which I don't think the main games do) and since the Old Rod only has Magikarp it had to pick something to take the place of the second one. So some other solutions would be disable double battle while fishing or add Luvdisc to the Old Rod encounters like X/Y did.

That does seem to be the most likely theory. The best fix would be to disable double battles all the time for fishing. I do not know if the same problems exist for other rods. If anyone has any double battles with the Good Rod or Super Rod, glitched or otherwise, that would be very help information.

After I have the TM moveset fix, the patch will update. That's be Tuesday. I'll probably put the Good Rod in Vermillion in place of the Old Rod.

Edited by Septentrion

I"m not having the apron-only Typhosion. The Typhosion I posted passes the bikini standard. Capturing a moe then getting nudity after raising it is not quite the experience many ask for. Cute children becoming naked adults is a very different than just becoming sexy adults. Super lewd mons may work for an more immutable pokemon, such as a legendary, or have it be a choice like Mega Charizard-Y. Something like a Megastone could have a warning on the item that's visible in the store. Likewise, catching a lewd moemon would be entirely within the choice of the player.

Also, age restricted moemon is something I don't want to think about before we have Version 1 up.

2 hours ago, RemixV4 said:

The sprite work is looking fantastic everyone. Keep it up!

Side question. Is the Mega issue being worked on alongside the sprites, or after? I'd gladly play with older sprite models for now if Mega Evolution worked.

The only issue with mega evolutions is the lack of sprites. If the next post was a super awesome Mega-Ampharos sprite set, then the next IPS would have a Ampharosite available in the Cerulean Pokemart.

I notice there's a house to the right of the Daycare that's South of Cerulean with no door on it, is that supposed to be there?

Also the Pokemon that haven't been replaced with a new up-to-date sprite should have something in there place until you guys get to it cause the Rival has a Kadabra on the S.S. Anne that hasn't been replaced despite Abra having the newer sprite for when he fights you in Cerulean.

23 minutes ago, Ranji said:

I notice there's a house to the right of the Daycare that's South of Cerulean with no door on it, is that supposed to be there?

The house might implement new features in the future. I've considered moemon themed IV checkers, post-game battles, and legendaries. Most of these things are beyond the bar we have to reach though.

23 minutes ago, Ranji said:

Also the Pokemon that haven't been replaced with a new up-to-date sprite should have something in there place until you guys get to it cause the Rival has a Kadabra on the S.S. Anne that hasn't been replaced despite Abra having the newer sprite for when he fights you in Cerulean.

Kadabra still doesn't have a backsprite so it hasn't been inserted yet. It's why Kadabra is on the list in the first post. I might insert the front sprites with the Qquestion mark backsprites if that's preferred to just having the pokemon.

6 hours ago, Kickern said:

Have a non-broken Haunter:

ifRPyMz.png

Eye and skin colors match Gengar's.

Good.

18 hours ago, Septentrion said:

Kadabra still doesn't have a backsprite so it hasn't been inserted yet. It's why Kadabra is on the list in the first post. I might insert the front sprites with the Qquestion mark backsprites if that's preferred to just having the pokemon.

I meant use one of the older Moemon sprite sets from the sprite collection to use as placeholders while waiting for the newer sprites being made.

Not sure if you caught this one already, but the text for Luxury Ball from the Mega Stone vendor calls it a 6Ball.