Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

1 hour ago, RemixV4 said:

Woah, a January release? That's earlier than I was expecting. How many Megas are being planned anyway? It doesn't seem like enough time for too many of them.

January is the latest that I can continuously work on this. I will make it as polished as I can, but there won't be a lot of difference between the current download and what I can make with my skills. This is a hobby based project based on user contribution. For all I know, this project could be ready in two weeks with the help of someone who hasn't even made an account..

I can only guarantee the four current megas. Many megas will just require one more sprite set with moemon that are already created(Gyrados, Tyranitar, Swampert, Gardevior, Gangar) . I can't make something out of nothing, but I might be able to make something passable with Mega Beedrill.

Edited by Septentrion
2 hours ago, RemixV4 said:

I see. Does the first posts links include most of the recent sprites? I might take a crack at Mega Gardevoir, since not including it in a Moemon game just feels wrong.

No promises though, my imagination is garbage.

Yes, Leaf's drive does have many great sprites to start from, and many non-gardevior sprites may help too. You'll never know what you're good at until you try.

13 minutes ago, RemixV4 said:

YadeocN.png

I was having a rough time with new poses, so what do you think of simple design changes for Megas instead?

I remember reposing the current Charizard with my attempt to create a Mega. I suggest going with a completely new base(one that's not gardevoir) if you can't create a new pose.

The increase in white is suitable, but more should be changed. The details can be worked out after she has a new pose.

I updated the game again. I actually have 51 of of 100 Johto pokemon availiable without combing for Johto.

I know this thread doesn't seem active, but these are getting hundreds of downloads. Moefix.IPS had 464 at this time. People are interested in this. Maybe  I can get some feedback on

I think Friendship is somewhat a poor evolution method gameplay wise, and I might just implement a new Evolution Stone or two. That should allow more flexibility in what can be added(like Chansey's baby form, the Clampert family, and much of Sinnoh).

@RemixV4 I'm not expecting anything other than something partial. I think Moetal is the only one who pops outs works of art singlehandedly, but the rest of us need the Power of Friendship. All I have of my Mega Amphorous is a low quality melonmon, and it's a dead end for me.

Spoiler

UaXmXjI.png

Thanks a lot for your work, I must say this is exactly what I was hoping to find!

For a bit of feedback though, (well it's not really on the game itself) the topic itself lacks a lot of clarity which might drive away people that would be interested otherwise. Stuff like a list of the changes made by the hack, a clearer description, images, installation instructions (etc) could help a lot.

+ I'll use that opportunity to ask a small question: I wanted to use a cyndaquil instead of charmander for this playtrough. Is it already in the game? If possible would you be able to tell me in which route so that I don't miss it? (thanks for your help)

Edited by Tentacleman
2 hours ago, Tentacleman said:

Thanks a lot for your work, I must say this is exactly what I was hoping to find!

For a bit of feedback, (well it's not really on the game itself) the topic itself lacks a lot of clarity which might drive away people that would be interested otherwise. Stuff like a list of the changes made by the hack, a clearer description, images, installation instructions (etc) could help a lot.

+ I'll use that opportunity to ask a small question: I wanted to use a cyndaquil instead of charmander for this playtrough. Is it already in the game? If possible would you be able to tell me in which route so that I don't miss it? (thanks for your help)

Oh darn. Forgot two of the Johto starters and can't update for hours. It's supposed to be on Route 4. Quilava is a rare encounter on route 16. I'm sure the save file will be compatible though.

@Tentacleman Everything should be better now. Cyndaquil doesn't mega-evolve though, so some opponents will be overly difficult..

Edited by Septentrion
21 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Also, if anyone was curious, the universal Pokemon randomizer does not work with this patch.

This was something I've always assumed.

21 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Updating the Google Drive now.

Edit: Finished updating the drive with the current sprites. Let me know if I missed anything.

I see you put in the incomplete ?? sprites. I might take krabby's hair things away from the frontsprite. It was @laGashetaHardcore's work so I'll wait for a response.

The Not In Patch folder is super useful for anyone who wants to help. There's so many possibilities I can see with it. Delibird1.png would be something good to work with. I wish had more knowledge of evolutionary families. Less than I year ago, I didn't even know Luxray was a stage three pokemon.

I think I can get blonde Audino to be a bit taller so she'll be available. A lot of sprites could be improved in this way.

Unova gets an obtainable pokemon with Audino. Swanna and Vesiqueen may be trainer only. There may be more trainer-only moemon, but their design is still subject to change in order to match up with future evolutionary redesigns.

I had trouble making Luxray icon.

Krabby has crablegs removed from hair so backsprite will match, which is not ideal, but I don't have any other avenue for finishing her.

Bzqn1Dr.png

Any comments on Audino?

A mega from Pivix:

Spoiler

jq97LrN.png

Edited by Septentrion
25 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

Unova gets an obtainable pokemon with Audino. Swanna and Vesiqueen may be trainer only. There may be more trainer-only moemon, but their design is still subject to change in order to match up with future evolutionary redesigns.

I had trouble making Luxray icon.

Krabby has crablegs removed from hair so backsprite will match, which is not ideal, but I don't have any other avenue for finishing her.

Bzqn1Dr.png

Any comments on Audino?

A mega from Pivix:

Reveal hidden contents

jq97LrN.png

i love it -blushes-

@KidVillero

I was the one that posted the Latias edit, so I still have the original images. All I did was shrink the images by 50%, but every image editing program has a different method of shrinking images.

What image editor are you using (Photoshop, Paint.net, MS Paint, etc.)?

And do you have that Latios's original sprite/image? Or at least a non-distorted version of her?

Edited by Leafjewel
59 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

@KidVillero

I was the one that posted the Latias edit, so I still have the original images. All I did was shrink the images by 50%, but every image editing program has a different method of shrinking images.

What image editor are you using (Photoshop, Paint.net, MS Paint, etc.)?

And do you have that Latios's original sprite/image? Or at least a non-distorted version of her?

paint then infranview like i saw in a tutorial but yeah, it's not working out for me well. Here's the full image.

wwaddqz.png

@KidVillero

MhvOUsE.png

1. A GBA Pokemon sprite is 64 by 64 pixels. Sprite editors generally take a 256 by 64 pixel sheet. We post double the actual size for visibility, which would be a 512 by 128 sheet. The Latios you posted was 506 x 128, so that was one problem.

2. When you edit sprites in the larger size, use a pencil/brush/tool that covers a 2 by 2 area or else it will not scale down properly. Do not use a single pixel pencil.

3. If you mean Paint.net, then go to Image -> Resize on the top tool bar. Then select "Nearest Neighbor" for the Resampling drop down section and 50% for the "By percentage" option. These settings will prevent distortion.

If you mean MS Paint, then hit "Ctrl + A" then Resize by 50% and maintain the aspect ratio. Then manually adjust the margins/canvas until you are at some multiple of 64 (64 x 64 for a single sprite, 256 x 64 for a full sheet, etc).

4. GBA Pokemon sprites can have a maximum of 16 colors, including the background color. That backsprite edit had ~30 unique colors.

I'm not sure what IrfanView/infanview/(whatever its name is) is, but Paint.net or MS Paint are able to edit pixel sprites like the ones here. 

Edited by Leafjewel

Tuesday's ROM will have have lots of moemon added without quality adjustment. The Sevii Islands just can't have unchanged pokemon running around, even if we don't focus on it. The ones that need improvement will be easy to identify in the future.

6 hours ago, Zawerni said:

Shiny Luxray family.

O3RKzAt.png

Excellent work with shinx. I have made changes to Luxio and Luxray since, but that was too small of news for any post.