Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

GFLClRk.png

The new Mega Charizard looks a bit smaller than Charizard, although that could be fixed by making the horns smaller or have her squatting be lower. Also, why hasn't anyone moved the sprite to the right?

I still like current Alakazam and don't think it's too different, but new Alakazam has it's aforementioned merits. Current Alakazam could become a mega.

13 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

I was talking specifically about mega Charizard, who's currently crammed left.

Yea I planned to put bigger fire on the tail at first so I left some space.

1 hour ago, Septentrion said:

The new Mega Charizard looks a bit smaller than Charizard, although that could be fixed by making the horns smaller or have her squatting be lower. Also, why hasn't anyone moved the sprite to the right?

1 hour ago, Leafjewel said:

If it's about MCharizard's face, then the only problem was that the shape was off and needed to be rounded a bit more.

Edit: Hardcore's outlines to MCharizard's tail should be kept. And she needs eyebrows.

Made the changes, really don't know what color to use for the eyebrows since the area is filled with all of the colors.

d8SA2Sf.png

@abstranger

Eyebrows are always black, so you may need to adjust the outlining of her hair if they blend together too much. Also, add black outlines to her left wing and the left side of her hair like in Hardcore's edits. And drop her chest a pixel or two. At the moment her chest looks very squished and unnatural. Edit: Or maybe I'm just seeing problems where they don't exist.

Edited by Leafjewel
31 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

@abstranger

Eyebrows are always black, so you may need to adjust the outlining of her hair if they blend together too much. Also, add black outlines to her left wing and the left side of her hair like in Hardcore's edits. And drop her chest a pixel or two. At the moment her chest looks very squished and unnatural. Edit: Or maybe I'm just seeing problems where they don't exist.

@Leafjewel I agree about the chest, I just realized that lol. I did the outline like hardcore's earlier but since I increase the size I didn't notice the outline is gone.

welp I also already made the changes, keeping the lifeless eyes lol, and eyebrows barely there.

JPnsxDq.png

Edited by abstranger
On 8/16/2017 at 3:24 PM, Leafjewel said:

Made her chest a pixel bigger. 

QXVfjB0.png

@abstranger @laGashetaHardcore

Considering Alakazam's mustache is one of its defining features, Moe Alakazam needs something distinct and meaningful to represent it. The sash can stay to match Abra and Kadabra, but maybe make the side bangs longer like the other Alakazam's. And her spoons should be much bigger.

She needs more blue for her lapels in order to match the backsprite we have.

4 hours ago, laGashetaHardcore said:

W5ttkjU.png

I think you went overboard with the spoons.

I feel like I may have destroyed the lapels instead of just making them bigger.

MtAyGMi.png

Took out the lightest blue for Cheermeleon (top) since it was only used on the backsprite. Now she's 16 colors. So should we go with Cheermeleon (top) or Grumpmeleon (bottom)?

j4Sst9a.png

I'll start synching the Charmeleon family once Mega Charizard gets the pigtails added to her backsprite.

@laGashetaHardcore

I think Kadabra being too small was the real problem, instead of Abra being too big. But smaller Abra works too. Alakazam looks better now, but yeah the new spoons are a bit too big.

I put Abra's old mouth back on her because I feel like I've seen Hardcore's mouth on so many other sprites at one point or another. Plus, I know that mouth is pretty much Clefairy's mouth.

Uh6D7eu.png

Edited by Leafjewel

Charmander's original skintone kind of gave everyone a slight tan (left), so I also made a version from Charizard's skintones.

EI3zthV.png0utNYSg.png

@abstranger

I like that Kadabra, and I think the bottom right one matches the rest of the family the best. Since Abra and Alakazam both have boots, Kadabra should too. And if Kadabra has an actual tail, I think Abra should have one as well.

Edited by Leafjewel
4 hours ago, OtherPlayers said:

Small question there, but where is kadabra's left (our right-side) hand? Right now it really looks like she's just got a stump of a left arm. (Other then that loving that kadabra sprite).

hand holding the scarf, kickern's color and eyebrows on the right.

RJQpdHT.pngF1HAoiP.png

hand down

3D2RoIF.pngJ6UOABo.png

Abra with tail

eD9FHIH.png2Qz8mNk.png

Abra and Alakazam looks more polished than Kadabra

Hide contents

My old idea

QUt04s2.png

I think the kadabra face I'm using is more mature and similar to alakazam so it's fine to me.

Edited by abstranger

If Abra doesn't need a tail, then Kadabra doesn't get one either. It would be too weird and disorganized for only Kadabra to have a tail.

@Septentrion

Are there any sprites that you consider to be finished and want shinies for? You are the one putting the patch together, so you are the one that makes the final decisions and has to say what sprites are and aren't finished.

Edited by Leafjewel
1 minute ago, Leafjewel said:

Are there any sprites that you consider to be finished and want shinies for? You are the one putting the patch together, so you are the one that makes the final decisions and has to say what sprites are and aren't finished.

You seem to want to make the palettes match for the starters families. Let's start at the beginning. Bublasaur and Ivysaur with their new palettes matching up with Venusaur and Mega Venusaur.

I remember someone mentioning that that umbrella Venusuar should be the normal Venusaur, but I remain unconvinced. I think gaining an umbrella is better than losing it.

The yellow blush is okay for a shiny, as it looks like odd make up at worst.

So, have you came to a decision on the sprites for the Charmander family up to Charaizard? I do like the tanner skin, but I should point out that the Mega Charizard below them is darker.

Edited by Septentrion

@Septentrion

People voted for Cheermeleon, so she's going to be the official Charmeleon. Mega Charizard is actually not darker than the others. She has the exact same skintones as regular Charizard.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post shiny versions for the Charmander family.

Edit: Okay this took way longer than I expected. Current shiny Charizard is yellow so I kept that for now. Shiny Mega Charizard ended up like this when I tried to match the colors. Let me know if I should change the colors for shiny Charizard or Mega Charizard to match their canon versions.

GAkRaVm.png

Edit 2: Included Mega Charizard just so she wouldn't be left out.

Spoiler

32hHSk4.png

X8JiGk2.png

8jIo4ey.png

X1eK02t.png

Edited by Leafjewel
3 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Edit: Okay this took way longer than I expected. Current shiny Charizard is yellow so I kept that for now. Shiny Mega Charizard ended up like this when I tried to match the colors. Let me know if I should change the colors for shiny Charizard or Mega Charizard to match their canon versions.

Okay with Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard. A lot of different palettes could work with out Mega Charizard, and the canon shiny colors are nothing special.

I don't remember if Moetal wanted squirtle or wartortle updated. I already got in Blastoise.

Edited by Septentrion