Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

On 4/24/2018 at 7:11 AM, Septentrion said:

I'm waiting for the new Blazikin to get finished before I put in Torchic.

The parts of the pokedex that aren't the National dex still work, which includes location.

I cant wait for this game to be completed, please do complete it, i love

the content, 

On 4/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, Roverrover said:

Is it possible to obtain a dawn stone in this cause I'm trying to get Gallade and i don't know where to find a dawn stone, also is Gallade in the game?

Also keep up the great work Moemon is one of my favorite roms to play.

There's no non-crap gallade that I know of so it's not in. What would you even be expecting from gallade?

I bred a Mime Jr. and traded in a Feebas. Both have (non-moe) base graphics and icons.

Also found a graphical glitch: Using a move that does damage and forces a switch (Dragon Tail, Circle Kick) does not erase the first pokemon. The incoming pokemon is drawn over or under the first, with the first being rendered with the incoming pokemon's palette.

Edit: In the Monean chamber at Tanoby Ruins, all random battles will repeat the last trainer battle you fought.

For those wondering, Charmander is in the last sections of the Rocket-dug tunnel at Mt. Ember. Still haven't seen a single Misdreavous or Girafarig despite their having map locations.

Edit2: Found Misdreavous on the second highest floor of Pokemon Tower (the same floor where you have to fight the Marowak to proceed).

Edited by Cheeseworth
added some stuff and then some more stuff

I was wondering if there was an attempt in implementing moemon into the current state of Pokemmo, or any plans to in the future. I realize It must be amazingly hard to pull off because of the implementation of the Gen 5 games, programming wise and sprite wise. Sorry If I'm being redundant. 

I love Moemon. I think it gives a new, refreshing visual variation to the Pokemon we all know and love, yet are a bit tired of seeing. I see all of the work you guys are doing here and it makes me so happy to see that moemon hasn't been abandoned yet. Thank you guys for your time, and I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

Edited by AlterKnight
13 hours ago, AlterKnight said:

I was wondering if there was an attempt in implementing moemon into the current state of Pokemmo, or any plans to in the future. I realize It must be amazingly hard to pull off because of the implementation of the Gen 5 games, programming wise and sprite wise. Sorry If I'm being redundant.

A moemon version for the MMO already exists. Check out the "Other Moemon Port", which has an MMO mod version that combines the amazing sprite work done both here and in the Revival thread.

8 hours ago, OtherPlayers said:

A moemon version for the MMO already exists. Check out the "Other Moemon Port", which has an MMO mod version that combines the amazing sprite work done both here and in the Revival thread.

Holy, I did not know about this. Thank you so much. I'm still routing for this project though, I'd love to see it in its final form. Keep up the amazing work.

Hey, so im having a issue. I patched the game and tried playing it on GBA4IOS but whenever i try to play it, it starts with the how to use the buttons and intro text, and then it goes to a endless black screen. What am i doing wrong?

EDIT- On the computer it just crashes. I really want to play this so badly, but it just keeps crashing before i even get a chance to

Edited by Geomon

Spent 2 days scouring the grasses Looking for Torchic lol. Because there are some moemons with extremely low encounter rare. (like ralts or totodile)

I checked every patch of grass on the whole kanto region (except for the victory road patches) Looking for the small bugger.  And it turns out it Aint even in the game yet xD

Love this game tho. Hope it gets completed

On 5/7/2018 at 11:06 PM, Cheeseworth said:

Crashes after intro in the Retroarch core of VBA-Next, and the GBATemp emulator for PSP. Runs fine in VBA-M, both standalone and Retroarch core.

Was this a reply to me or are you also having a issue with the crash? I really want to play this game, so I really want to know how to fix this

Ah, so I was a bit confused about this, but reading about other Eeveelutions, am I correct in my understanding that Glaceon/Leafeon/Sylveon are not implemented at all and Umbreon/Espeon aren't officially implemented? If so, I'm a bit sad, of course, but a lot of great work's gone in to this and what's out now is already rather cool!

(Also, although it was mentioned earlier regarding why there isn't documentation that would be time consuming to write up, perhaps a list of all implemented mons on a google doc or something as of the latest update could be cool?)

Edited by glaceonfan
15 hours ago, glaceonfan said:

(Also, although it was mentioned earlier regarding why there isn't documentation that would be time consuming to write up, perhaps a list of all implemented mons on a google doc or something as of the latest update could be cool?) 

It would be rather troubling to keep it up to date. Also, try Moon or Sun Stone on Eevee.

6 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

So after 3,000 years I have finally updated the Google Drive.

It's not like anyone's doing anything during the spring.

4 hours ago, Septentrion said:

It would be rather troubling to keep it up to date. Also, try Moon or Sun Stone on Eevee.

Ah, so sun and moon stones should work for Espeon and Umbreon without that patch mentioned earlier in the thread? I see. Then at the moment, 5/8 Eeveelutions are represented then?

If it's too troublesome to add a list, that's understandable. I thought I'd suggest that since it might cut down on questions regarding if this or that pokemon happens to be in the game and would also address people asking for the locations of pokemon that aren't implemented as of present.

9 hours ago, Geomon said:

Ok does anyone have a pre-patched version? Because mine is still crashing whenever the game starts, and now i really want to play it.

I just patched the newest version and it works just fine for me. Are you using the Squirrels version of Fire Red? If not, then that's the problem.

Also, a pre-patched version is considered giving out the ROM which is not something we're allowed to do on this site.

Edit: I forgot to mention it, but in the Google Drive of sprites there is now a google doc stating some simple things about how the patches work, what the differences are between this patch, Moetal's patch, and the Other Moemon patches, as well as where to find them. I'm not sure how useful it will be, but it exists now.

Edited by Leafjewel
3 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

I just patched the newest version and it works just fine for me. Are you using the Squirrels version of Fire Red? If not, then that's the problem.

Also, a pre-patched version is considered giving out the ROM which is not something we're allowed to do on this site.

Edit: I forgot to mention it, but in the Google Drive of sprites there is now a google doc stating some simple things about how the patches work, what the differences are between this patch, Moetal's patch, and the Other Moemon patches, as well as where to find them. I'm not sure how useful it will be, but it exists now.

Thank you so much! I was using U but not U squirrels. 

Im also sorry if i sounded annoyed, i was starting to get annoyed because i wasnt getting a clear answer to my question

For anyone who's experiencing the crash at start, here's a possible workaround: Load the unpatched rom into your emulator and play through the character creation until you're dumped in your room. Save the game and exit out of the emulator. Rename the save file you just created to match the name of the patched rom's save. Load the patched rom and you should have a working save you can load from, bypassing the info screen crash.

Edit: Okay, that probably won't work due to the differences in the patched/unpatched roms. The last resort would be to start up and save the game in a known working emulator that uses the same type of savefile that your preferred emulator uses. For example, use VBA-M on pc to create a (.sav) savefile after the character creation, then copy it to a handheld device and load it into an emulator there.

Edited by Cheeseworth
bummer, dude

Decided to put the three of them together since they have backsprites now.

91KGMMG.png

And because there was a shiny palette posted a while ago and it does not take too long, I made sets for each of them.

Spoiler

ZRFZ6be.png

sUu9BQ3.png

5gDbqmo.png

Edit: I fixed whatever happened to Zapdos and Granbull.

vGuIiH3.png

dgXIZQk.png

There's a version of Electrode with a rounder ball. The blond is actually an old shiny palette.

1cFHLMa.png

BZvKG3u.png

Vileplume's outline has always bothered me, so I looked at the original sprite and reapplied the old black outline. I also added a darker red/yellow for the flower's outline.

sqGOBnv.png

Probably unnecessary, but I messed around with some other outlines/palettes.

Spoiler

l0dXvUs.png

VeErmyg.png

fBlP1fA.png

6tdvorJ.png

w5E4isz.png

Edited by Leafjewel
On 3/24/2018 at 11:23 PM, Septentrion said:

@ArmoredCat Good. Moewstic's white ears should have less black in the outline.

DKZED59.pngFsMj2aO.png

JXdFd7A.png81h1tnz.png

And the award for the worst looking backsprite goes to...

J7cyyUm.pngcGbXn8j.png

I just found this decent looking rayquaza sprite from a random japanese board, but unfortunately the backsprite is too big.

EDIT:more pics

3sJIa7h.pngANviP2h.png

This mew is kinda cute.

PpDn0Gn.png9tTUoDo.png

maybe we can use this zapdos sprite for another bird pokemon.

Edited by ArmoredCat
On 5/14/2018 at 4:43 PM, BlackGeyser said:

i cant get mine to work i got the U squirrels version of fire red so where do i go from there? is there something im missing?

You need to use another program to patch the ROM. The one I used was called Lunar IPS.