Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

4 hours ago, Septentrion said:

There's reason why it's not an official update.

Porygon never was supposed to be able to evolve in this game. Yanma and Murkrow never had evolutions. There are sprites for Hunchrow to wok with though.

Hence the "" Was just a little concerned after the Graveler thing and wasnt to sure about Porygon. 
Anyways thanks.
also I've stated before, if you ever need help on anything none art related just tell me what you need. I have programming experience.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:24 PM, ArmoredCat said:

I do have an idea for the female form(kinda), but the male form is troublesome.

Is it even possible to add a pokemon with two forms in the game?

I wouldn't worry about the male form. We don't need to inflate our male quota. It'll will require coding stuff as well.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:00 AM, DekuSkrub said:

I have programming experience.

Could you be more specific? This is not a general programing project. For a rom ran on Jpan's Hacked engine, general programming might be involved.

Maybe scripting is what you mean. An event item might be put in for after beating the E4 the first time so Ho-Oh and Lugia can be caught. I haven't used a single flag.

Edited by Septentrion
59 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

Could you be more specific? This is not a general programing project. For a rom ran on Jpan's Hacked engine, general programming might be involved.

Maybe scripting is what you mean. An event item might be put in for after beating the E4 the first time so Ho-Oh and Lugia can be caught. I haven't used a single flag.

Right yeah sorry. I know general C languages (C+ C # etc), Java and python. 
I don't know exactly what you use for rom hacks. I've been trying to learn XML and the sort.
Im also working on hexadecimal stuff specifically for rom hacks.
But beyond that i am at the very lest aware of tile set edits and such.

16 hours ago, DekuSkrub said:

Right yeah sorry. I know general C languages (C+ C # etc), Java and python. 
I don't know exactly what you use for rom hacks. I've been trying to learn XML and the sort.
Im also working on hexadecimal stuff specifically for rom hacks.
But beyond that i am at the very lest aware of tile set edits and such.

XML is the furthest thing from ROMHack, but let's speak psuedocode. I've most familiar with C of the C languages, so there are low level programming concept that are givens as offsets.

Okay, a function SelectFirstPartyPKMN() exists in Firered.

Goal: Give every pokemon an individualize size base on it's Species and it's unchanging Personality Values.(Pokemon Go does this)

Since we have access to PVs with the SelectFirstPartyPKMN(), we can create GetPVOffset1() and GetPVOffset2() to create values from 0 to 63.

lockplayer
NPC().FacePlayer
Textbox "The height of your %FirstPokemon is \n"
value SPHeight = ReadValue().HeightOffset().GetPokedexoffest().GetSpecies().SelectFirstPartyPKMN() 'Takes hieght from the pokedex

And then we get to a major problem, the data structure of pokemon doesn't let us simply know their species. There is light encyption:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_substructures_in_Generation_III

I've ran into this problem when trying to write an IV judge. Everything in that bublapedia article is very hard to work with. I think Jpan's Hacked engine makes things easier, but I don't think that might be worth it. Most of the more impressive feature in FireRed and Emerald are ASM level.

The most complex thing I've done is create a pokemart, and someone who tells you the first pokemon in your party.

You should try to learn basic scripting, such a flags, item giving, and custom battles.

I know this can be considered completely unrelated, but I've asked this before.
Is there any reason in particular you haven't decided to rebuild the game from scratch in a different engine?

I feel like if you did this in unity or game maker You'd have access to much more tools and assets, and getting to the state the game is already in would take not time at all.
In my honest opinion it would even be easier to make youre own engine than to decrypt and reverse engineer what gamefreak did.

That or Just use Jpan's hacked engine which is 1000X more flexible than what you seem to be doing. 
All though even after searching for about 30 or so mins i could not fin a download for it. 
that might just be me though.

Edit: I legit just found the Hacked engine download after typing this Rip. im gonna try to get into that and make some edits to what i have to see if i can help resolve the weighting issue.

Edit2 : i think my lack of knowledge as far as roms go i really showing here

Edited by DekuSkrub

So the shiny chance changing tools I've check into can't really do probabilities below one-half . The next update won't include a shiny increase unless there's a reliable why of changing the shiny percent.

Also, I've done a bit on Emboar. The palette isn't compatible for shininess yet.

gyr8a5X.png

On 3/12/2018 at 9:12 PM, DekuSkrub said:

I know this can be considered completely unrelated, but I've asked this before.
Is there any reason in particular you haven't decided to rebuild the game from scratch in a different engine?

I feel like if you did this in unity or game maker You'd have access to much more tools and assets, and getting to the state the game is already in would take not time at all.
In my honest opinion it would even be easier to make youre own engine than to decrypt and reverse engineer what gamefreak did.

That asking me to create a video game. You're really underestimating the complexity of pokemon games. Besides, I've seen the messes that RPG maker games ends ups as.

2 hours ago, storyteller323 said:

Have you thought about doing something like this for Crystal Dust?

Have you thought about doing it?

Edited by Septentrion
11 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

That asking me to create a video game. You're really underestimating the complexity of pokemon games. Besides, I've seen the messes that RPG maker games ends ups as.

Woah woah not talking about RPG maker that "engine" (if you even want to call it that) is a taboo in the game dev community. 
I also think you over estimate the task of creating a game. You already have what would be 90% of the assets, the other 10% is just pokemon tiles.

10 minutes ago, DekuSkrub said:

Woah woah not talking about RPG maker that "engine" (if you even want to call it that) is a taboo in the game dev community. 
I also think you over estimate the task of creating a game. You already have what would be 90% of the assets, the other 10% is just pokemon tiles.

You leave out the coding. and animations.

I didn't know if you're wanting Firered in Unity or Moemon Go. Probably the latter is plausable, but I don't think many people will play it.

34 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

You leave out the coding. and animations.

I didn't know if you're wanting Firered in Unity or Moemon Go. Probably the latter is plausable, but I don't think many people will play it.

Definitely the former. The coding for a Pokemon game with more up to date C# is crazy simple, combat system and the like are the hardest part and can be done in less that a few hours. 
Hell if you're even worried about it unity is littered with step by step tutorials from the community.

Here's an LP that uses a Leafgreen that raided some sprites from this thread. It's just the left side though.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ArmoredCat said:

qqEoCDM.pngNW4kMla.png

I tried my best (;﹏;)

Reveal hidden contents

DBhAN32.jpg

Winking doesn't fit with Moewstic. Meowstic is a weird looking pokemon so I it'll take a while to think of stuff to say.

Edited by Septentrion

Don't know if this is a bug or just a unimplemented sprite, but the sprite for Normal Forme Deoxys exists (the sprite when you first encounter), while the sprite for Attack Forme (the forme you get when you catch in FireRed) has not been changed to Moemon.

Spoiler

battle.pngcatch.png

4 hours ago, jockjams said:

Don't know if this is a bug or just a unimplemented sprite, but the sprite for Normal Forme Deoxys exists (the sprite when you first encounter), while the sprite for Attack Forme (the forme you get when you catch in FireRed) has not been changed to Moemon.

Hide contents

battle.pngcatch.png

I thought that required an event item. If the sprite was amazing, I might have put in the events item myself. I can fix this, although I'll have to put in item given codes and there be no special Attack Moemon Forme.

Hi.

Here are a Silcoon and Cascoon I've been sitting on for the last year or so (lol we probably don't even need them):

u3aWN9W.pngdzMZGVZ.png

Cascoon's eyebrow looks weird so I'll be fixing that. Also in progress (stuff I never finished last year) if we still need any of it: Chansey (front/back), Blissey (front/back), Zapdos (back, I can fuse it with the backsprite that's been floating around here), and Pelipper (back). I'm in backsprite hell and I hate it. I also still have the front sprites of the Whismur family from way back when if they haven't already been polished/added.

Is there a list/image set of all the sprites currently in the patch? I wanted to see if I could go through them and tweak a few/update the ones that need updating. Not much time cuz of school but I can still pop out a sprite or two here and there.

21 hours ago, toottoot said:

u3aWN9W.pngdzMZGVZ.png

Well, I immediately thought Shiro from No Game No Life. Cascoon seems to have more drastic shades. The biggest problem is that the original pokemon are uninspired. I hope bandages won't ruin the design.

Also in progress (stuff I never finished last year) if we still need any of it: Chansey (front/back), Blissey (front/back), Zapdos (back, I can fuse it with the backsprite that's been floating around here), and Pelipper (back). I'm in backsprite hell and I hate it. I also still have the front sprites of the Whismur family from way back when if they haven't already been polished/added.

Everyone could post all their incomplete sprites. Um, I alrady got Chansey/Blissey, unless yours are entirely different.

Is there a list/image set of all the sprites currently in the patch? I wanted to see if I could go through them and tweak a few/update the ones that need updating. Not much time cuz of school but I can still pop out a sprite or two here and there.

Heonn's in a very sad state in the hack. This is foremost a showcase hack, and a lot of heonn sprites on behind with quality, and only two are required for Fire Red.  I don't think the five wurmple sprite are showcase worthy(Wurmple and dustox in particular). I should probably double check the drive. Here's a screenshot of the inserted sprites folder I have.

QycHTUx.png

@ArmoredCat Good. Moewstic's white ears should have less black in the outline.

2 hours ago, laGashetaHardcore said:

If Someone can give me unfinished sprites for finish them i will be Very Happy :c 

Most of my scraps aren't past the first stage, and I tend to post them when I go that far. Also check Moetal's thread. An actual artist like @toottoot should have some.

The Tepig family could possibly be created from the three Emboar sprites we have. With Emboar the hair colors mixes with the skin colors, however, making shinies difficult. I can't make blue fire.

k7ulfPn.png

Tepig, Emboar, and Mega Beedrill.

Edited by Septentrion