Septentrion

[IPS] Mega Moemon Firered 2019 (1.1.6) July Hotfix

Hello. Having a bit of a problem. Followed all the steps in the readme, and I am able to get to the start screen, but after the introductory text, right after "press the A button and let your adventure begin!", I get a black screen, with a glitched-out sound playing in the background. I've tried re-installing both the original rom and the moemon ups, I've tried using a different patching program, and I've tried looking up potential problems online, but to no avail. Anyone know a fix?

19 hours ago, blanket01 said:

Hello. Having a bit of a problem. Followed all the steps in the readme, and I am able to get to the start screen, but after the introductory text, right after "press the A button and let your adventure begin!", I get a black screen, with a glitched-out sound playing in the background. I've tried re-installing both the original rom and the moemon ups, I've tried using a different patching program, and I've tried looking up potential problems online, but to no avail. Anyone know a fix?

Are you sure you're using the right rom? Most Moemon patches require specific versions of the rom.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:01 AM, blanket01 said:

This is probably an emulator issue. This romhack has trouble with many emulators. AFAIK, the only emulator which doesn't crash all the time is VGBA

Is it possible to catch Latias in Mega Moemon Firered? I only knew where to find Latios cause a trainer had them and the Pokedex told me the area. No clue as far as Latias though.

I would love to know how to find all the moemon for Mega Moemon fire red, does anybody have a list for it?

i can't evolve my yanma to a yanmega. is it even possible or is there a special way. normally its level up with acient power but that didn't work

New bugfix soon. Clear Smog on a flying moemon WILL cause a crash, and a few opponents know Clear Smog.

6 hours ago, StefanGG said:

i can't evolve my yanma to a yanmega. is it even possible or is there a special way. normally its level up with acient power but that didn't work

Yanmega's not made yet.

Posted (edited)

There's a Patreon for the artists in the Opening Post.

Also, a challenge patch has been added to the Mega Download for more hardcore players.

Edited by Septentrion

Posted (edited)

hi, I've been following Moemon since 2013 and while scraping around old bookmarks found a link to a japanese project with some gijinka designs for the first 493 pokemon (so up to sinnoh)

https://www4.atwiki.jp/hitec/pages/383.html#グライオン

you select the dex-number range on the left, then you have the japanese names on the right. thought it could be inspiration for spriters, I sadly have zero artistic talent whatsoever.

Edit: I can delete this if it's known already, didn't find the link in the search.

Edited by Uupa
to explain why I posted stuff which might be known

1 minute ago, kitsune457 said:

Hi im confuse on which moemon fire red I should down load I got the 1.1.2 one

and what pokemon were added for each one because I tried looking for the pico

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, kitsune457 said:

and what pokemon were added for each one because I tried looking for the pico

nvm I got it and I figured out how to get the moemon emerald maybe idk

So i downloded this thing and was trying to play but in the read me all it says is i need to patch the ups file with the fire red gba file with no indication as to how im supposaed to do that?

I figured i'd wasted enough time banging my head againt the wall and i needed to ask someone how it works?

Posted (edited)

I wanna thank everyone who created this, I'm having a good time so far.

However something caught my attention, aren't Weavile's stats completely messed up?

I caught a level 19 Sneasel with the following stats (Quirky nature);

Sneasel's BST are: 55 95 55 35 75 115

Spoiler

AJ5Al3c.png

After evolving it into Weavile with a Moon Stone this is what I ended up with, Weavile's BST are: 70 120 65 45 85 125

Spoiler

4GxgWqc.png

Did I mess up somewhere, or is this a known bug?

Edited by Shikan

1 hour ago, Shikan said:

I wanna thank everyone who created this, I'm having a good time so far.

However something caught my attention, aren't Weavile's stats completely messed up?

I caught a level 19 Sneasel with the following stats (Quirky nature);

Sneasel's BST are: 55 95 55 35 75 115

Hide contents

AJ5Al3c.png

After evolving it into Weavile with a Moon Stone this is what I ended up with, Weavile's BST are: 70 120 65 45 85 125

Hide contents

4GxgWqc.png

Did I mess up somewhere, or is this a known bug?

We're working on fixing it.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Septentrion said:

We're working on fixing it.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

Edit: Does anybody where to catch a feebas? I feel like I fished everywhere and found none.

Edited by Shikan

Posted (edited)

I can't get this to play on my flashcart. It works in an emulator on my tablet after patching the ROM, but when I copy it to my flashcart, it shows up as a folder with the gba extension. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I really want to play this on my GbaSP.

PS. By "this" I mean the Mega Moemon FireRed

Edit: Crud... I re-patched a new ROM file for it, and my flashcart recognized it... Unfortunately it states "PSRAM is not enough" so I guess I'm gonna have to get a better flashcart... Or just play on my tablet in an emulator...

Edit2: Even worse. I tried the Emerald version one, and it loads on my tablet, but my flash cart shows only a white screen... Just my luck... I need to get a better flash cart for my Gba SP, lol.

Edited by NiakRedle

4 hours ago, NiakRedle said:

I can't get this to play on my flashcart. It works in an emulator on my tablet after patching the ROM, but when I copy it to my flashcart, it shows up as a folder with the gba extension. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I really want to play this on my GbaSP.

PS. By "this" I mean the Mega Moemon FireRed

Edit: Crud... I re-patched a new ROM file for it, and my flashcart recognized it... Unfortunately it states "PSRAM is not enough" so I guess I'm gonna have to get a better flashcart... Or just play on my tablet in an emulator...

Edit2: Even worse. I tried the Emerald version one, and it loads on my tablet, but my flash cart shows only a white screen... Just my luck... I need to get a better flash cart for my Gba SP, lol.

are you using visual boy advance emulator

if you are for the emerald moemon you need to go to 1.options 2.emulator then to save type change to flash 128k

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kitsune457 said:

are you using visual boy advance emulator

if you are for the emerald moemon you need to go to 1.options 2.emulator then to save type change to flash 128k

I'm having no problem with my tablet's emulator. Its! My flashcart which I put the ROM on a microsd card and into a physical cartridge and put in my actual Nintendo Gameboy SP.

I guess I need to get a better flashcart.

I can still play the old Emerald Moemon created by Kingsven, but not this newer one on my flashcart.

Edit: I just ordered a "EXSEK EZFlash Omega Cartridge Flash Cart" from Amazon. A bit expensive but way better that the one I was using from over 10 years ago, lol. Hopefully that will solve my game problems, so I can play this.

Edited by NiakRedle