Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

So i downloded this thing and was trying to play but in the read me all it says is i need to patch the ups file with the fire red gba file with no indication as to how im supposaed to do that?

I figured i'd wasted enough time banging my head againt the wall and i needed to ask someone how it works?

I wanna thank everyone who created this, I'm having a good time so far.

However something caught my attention, aren't Weavile's stats completely messed up?

I caught a level 19 Sneasel with the following stats (Quirky nature);

Sneasel's BST are: 55 95 55 35 75 115

Spoiler

AJ5Al3c.png

After evolving it into Weavile with a Moon Stone this is what I ended up with, Weavile's BST are: 70 120 65 45 85 125

Spoiler

4GxgWqc.png

Did I mess up somewhere, or is this a known bug?

Edited by Shikan
1 hour ago, Shikan said:

I wanna thank everyone who created this, I'm having a good time so far.

However something caught my attention, aren't Weavile's stats completely messed up?

I caught a level 19 Sneasel with the following stats (Quirky nature);

Sneasel's BST are: 55 95 55 35 75 115

Hide contents

AJ5Al3c.png

After evolving it into Weavile with a Moon Stone this is what I ended up with, Weavile's BST are: 70 120 65 45 85 125

Hide contents

4GxgWqc.png

Did I mess up somewhere, or is this a known bug?

We're working on fixing it.

11 hours ago, Septentrion said:

We're working on fixing it.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

Edit: Does anybody where to catch a feebas? I feel like I fished everywhere and found none.

Edited by Shikan

I can't get this to play on my flashcart. It works in an emulator on my tablet after patching the ROM, but when I copy it to my flashcart, it shows up as a folder with the gba extension. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I really want to play this on my GbaSP.

PS. By "this" I mean the Mega Moemon FireRed

Edit: Crud... I re-patched a new ROM file for it, and my flashcart recognized it... Unfortunately it states "PSRAM is not enough" so I guess I'm gonna have to get a better flashcart... Or just play on my tablet in an emulator...

Edit2: Even worse. I tried the Emerald version one, and it loads on my tablet, but my flash cart shows only a white screen... Just my luck... I need to get a better flash cart for my Gba SP, lol.

Edited by NiakRedle
4 hours ago, NiakRedle said:

I can't get this to play on my flashcart. It works in an emulator on my tablet after patching the ROM, but when I copy it to my flashcart, it shows up as a folder with the gba extension. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I really want to play this on my GbaSP.

PS. By "this" I mean the Mega Moemon FireRed

Edit: Crud... I re-patched a new ROM file for it, and my flashcart recognized it... Unfortunately it states "PSRAM is not enough" so I guess I'm gonna have to get a better flashcart... Or just play on my tablet in an emulator...

Edit2: Even worse. I tried the Emerald version one, and it loads on my tablet, but my flash cart shows only a white screen... Just my luck... I need to get a better flash cart for my Gba SP, lol.

are you using visual boy advance emulator

if you are for the emerald moemon you need to go to 1.options 2.emulator then to save type change to flash 128k

3 hours ago, kitsune457 said:

are you using visual boy advance emulator

if you are for the emerald moemon you need to go to 1.options 2.emulator then to save type change to flash 128k

I'm having no problem with my tablet's emulator. Its! My flashcart which I put the ROM on a microsd card and into a physical cartridge and put in my actual Nintendo Gameboy SP.

I guess I need to get a better flashcart.

I can still play the old Emerald Moemon created by Kingsven, but not this newer one on my flashcart.

Edit: I just ordered a "EXSEK EZFlash Omega Cartridge Flash Cart" from Amazon. A bit expensive but way better that the one I was using from over 10 years ago, lol. Hopefully that will solve my game problems, so I can play this.

Edited by NiakRedle

Hello! First of all: I just started playing Moemon and I am really enjoying it so far. I have a quick question, can you catch the Kanto staters in the wild? Cause weirdly I am seeing locations for squirtle on the map but not bulbasaur or charmander so I am just wondering if it's a bug or if you can catch them later on?

14 hours ago, AliceLiddell said:

Hello! First of all: I just started playing Moemon and I am really enjoying it so far. I have a quick question, can you catch the Kanto staters in the wild? Cause weirdly I am seeing locations for squirtle on the map but not bulbasaur or charmander so I am just wondering if it's a bug or if you can catch them later on?

Unless things have changed, Charmeleon is available on Mt. Ember, Ivysaur is available on Route 13, Squirtle is available on Route 20, and Wartortle is available with the Super Rod on Route 13. I believe you can still breed to get the earlier forms on Four Island in the post-game.

Edited by sdw7sm
10 hours ago, sdw7sm said:

Unless things have changed, Charmeleon is available on Mt. Ember, Ivysaur is available on Route 13, Squirtle is available on Route 20, and Wartortle is available with the Super Rod on Route 13. I believe you can still breed to get the earlier forms on Four Island in the post-game.

Alright I will check it out as soon as I reach those areas! Thank you so much for letting me know! :)

On 7/14/2019 at 1:03 AM, Septentrion said:

There's a Patreon for the artists in the Opening Post.

Also, a challenge patch has been added to the Mega Download for more hardcore players.

Hi were can i find that challenge patch? I have been looking but i cant find it D:

I spent waaaaay too much time in the Safari Zone over the last two days, doing the turn back and forth trick to not use steps. I wanted to find out what new Pokemon appear in which zones, and provide input on their encounter rate. I spent exactly 3 hours in each zone, and didn’t spend time catching anything. Just encounter and run away. I hope it’s helpful, and I hope my suggestions for encounters are taken to heart. <3

HUB: Stantler, Blitzle, 

note: not sure if there’s supposed to be more or not, but three hours in Area 1 and only the three appeared. o.o;

AREA 1: Snorunt, Cacnea, Heracross, 

note: same as above, this is all I encountered. 

AREA 2:

Heracross, Shroomish, Baltoy, Trapinch, Miltank, Snover

note: dat miltank tho. also, all snovers were male. which is odd.

AREA 3:

Blitzle, Shroomish, Audino, Miltank, Houndour, Gligar, 

note: Gligar is officially my favorite MoeMon. She's absolutely perfect, and I am most certainly commissioning pinup fan art of her. <3

FYI: Pinsir is in every area of the Safari Zone. Since it’s a Leaf Green exclusive, that puts it on this list as well. 

Also, the first time I was in the Safari Zone I encountered a Seviper, but that wasn’t when I was keeping track, so I have no idea which area. In my 12 hours of farming, I never encountered a single one. Not a good sign, considering it’s so bloody rare in the wild too.

In my opinion some of these Pokemon need higher encounter rates, given the fact that stuff is still hard as **** to catch in the Safari Zone. I spent 12 hours total in the Safari Zone, and here are Pokemon I barely knew existed there, with how many times I encountered them:

Snover - 3

Houndour - 2

Gligar - 3

Seviper - 1?

Alternatively, just increase the capture rate of Safari Balls. No one likes the Safari Zone minigame do they? lol Having bad flashbacks to vanilla Fire Red and farming for a Lucky Egg from Chansey… *shudders* Any way to make Chansey have a 100% chance of holding a Lucky Egg? :D

extra aside: how come Gligar isn't in the sprites on google drive? Need it for references for my commission! ^^;

Edited by NoodleTiddehs
adding info
On 8/7/2019 at 12:30 AM, doomreaverx said:

Hey just wondering is there a easy to use randomizer program for this hack i have tried the universal one and it causes lots of issues with some of the later gen sprites.

The universal one is probably the most latest one and the most stable one available, unless someone makes one for the patch itself. Randomizers stopped being made since the 3DS era, as far as I know. The problem is that this patch adds more to the base game than usual, so the randomizer doesn't know what to do with the extra data and causes errors. The only way this can be randomized is to edit the patch itself since most gameshark codes for FR only take in the base game in to account.

i made a mawile sprite

RxM7ZBW.png?1

for the sprite i used torchick for most of the body but it ended up changing a lot
i couldn't do the hakama very well, it looks odd
any ideas how to improve it?

since i'm new to drawing any tips are welcome

Edited by vitortk

I'm not a hypersensitive person or a special snowflake, but it really bothers me that the shiny version of some Moemon change their skin color, and always dark skin normally, white shiny. Absol and Seviper are two that come to mind, and it's really obvious that both girls turn white for their shiny version. U.u;