Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

While having matching palettes is great and all, I feel it's fine to have some variation to them. The actual Pokemon Sprites don't keep the same palette for the entire Evo line.

The Bulbasaur family is looking a little too blue to me.

I personally lean more towards canon shiny colors, unless the canon shiny is just a darker shade of the same colors like Garchomp.  And I think Black Charizard looked better than the yellow. Shiny Mega Charizard should also keep the two-tone style like the normal sprite, rather than all red.

6 hours ago, Zawerni said:

While having matching palettes is great and all, I feel it's fine to have some variation to them. The actual Pokemon Sprites don't keep the same palette for the entire Evo line.

The Bulbasaur family is looking a little too blue to me.

I personally lean more towards canon shiny colors, unless the canon shiny is just a darker shade of the same colors like Garchomp.  And I think Black Charizard looked better than the yellow. Shiny Mega Charizard should also keep the two-tone style like the normal sprite, rather than all red.

I'm still very open to new shiny Mega Charizard. I'll even look at a canon shiny charizard.

1 hour ago, abstranger said:

Will it be possible to have mega charizard y in the game aswell? I have some design idea

All existing mega evolutions can be added.

Edited by Septentrion

@abstranger

There is a space for Mega Charizard Y in the rom. It comes right after Mega Charizard X, so feel free to make a sprite for it.

@Zawerni

In the old thread, all of the Moemon had to share palettes with their families despite the canon Pokemon having different palettes. Since we are under different management, I suppose we could stop keeping the palettes so similar. However, Moetal is the one that started redesigning the starters in this thread, so I at least wanted them (the starters) to keep the similar palettes out of respect for Moetal's original palette choices.

I also prefer the canon shiny colors, but the current Charizard in the patch is yellow so I just kept the yellow for now. I'll make a version of shiny Charizard and Mega Charizard that's closer to their canon versions.

Ironically. the Bulbasaur family in all of their blueness is using canon colors (Gen V palette).

Edited by Leafjewel

Yellow shiny Charizard (current), Canon shiny Charizard (Gen V palette), and "black" shiny Charizard (original shiny palette, I think)

uNuij00.pngR8hGg0z.pngW5GkAgK.png

Pink shiny Mega Charizard X, Higher contrast pink shiny, and canon colored shiny

g0zZVKi.pngq7gKedd.png5pYXMyl.png

The wings' outlines would need to be completely redone for normal Mega Charizard X to avoid the green outline on the canon shiny's wings.

Edit: Here's the Squirtle Family with shinies to finish off the Kanto starters. I know Mega Blastoise probably isn't finished, but her shiny palette is the same as Wartortle's anyways, so it didn't take much effort to make her a shiny.

22wKLGd.png

Spoiler

tmctGxk.png

K8akx2P.png

NQGuBX5.png

4xBDBlI.png

Edit 2: Less blue with red flowers Bulbasaur Family

V7Iz5zJ.png

Updated Charmeleon with Hardcore's new backsprite

hm2pCgt.png

Edited by Leafjewel
3 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Ironically. the Bulbasaur family in all of their blueness is using canon colors (Gen V palette).

Yea, Bulbasaur's body is pretty blue. 001.png

I suppose it just looks strange because the entire sprite is that color, but palette limitations won't allow green for the bulb on her head.

I'm looking forward to @abstranger's Mega Charizard Y. Mega Charizard X is looking A+.

pRbDOS4.jpg

Edited by Zawerni
3 hours ago, Yatogami said:

She looks super cute man rsrs

That's why I put her in the google drive even though she went (mostly) ignored in the old thread. I figured even if she wasn't used for the official Ivysaur she could be used as a base for another sprite since she's so cute and pretty well made.

Edit: I found an updated Magneton sprite, so I recolored it and the backsprite. It only had 15 colors, so I added a blush as the final color.

VuTSUm1.png

Edit 2: Tried to match the shading on the frontsprite more.

YUl5MS8.png

Edited by Leafjewel

@CrookedWings427

Hi

5 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

TIm9wBa.png2

I think either this or number one. I'm going with Gen V shiny Charizard.

I'm going to come out with a new patch in 26 Hours. I can add megastones and sprites in at the last second. It's just been too long since an update and I felt I should give spriters a chance to get in their sprites into the next IPS.

@Yatogami

Are you still working on that new ROM?

Sets are in the spoilers. Let me know if I missed anything, or if anyone has any sprites from the google drive (or wherever) they would like sets to see for, or if any of the palettes (shiny or regular) should be changed.

Kanto:

Spoiler

8KXGwN4.png

XnkcXm9.png Ivysaur might get updated, but here's this one in case the update doesn't make the time limit

yXZkdmP.png

32hHSk4.png

hm2pCgt.png

IqaygKv.png

tmctGxk.png

K8akx2P.png

NQGuBX5.png

YUihyx6.png My edits to Clefairy

lJqYE5O.png Updated with Hardcore's new backsprite

TubDdmh.png Hardcore's updated Paras

rQpJCKS.png Fixed the shiny palette

I5TAhst.png Alternate/Updated Venomoth

ktxLkvG.png Poliwag was updated, but I guess I missed it

ZpzZUhl.png Tweaked the shiny palette

nxT0Oj4.png Added eye whites and made the darkest red redder

dLne3SK.png The updated Ponyta

xWn7vZX.png

Pc4ac7O.png

KcLZTc3.png Backsprite cape fix

iPrOgKH.png

QJG0C9J.png New hair highlights

KtmiR1H.png Smaller frontsprite

EsXF1aN.png Limbs

vDJfEJd.png Fixed the shiny

JV4d9nE.png Tweaked the shiny palette

kVpYI45.png The frontsprite's face is different than the one in the patch

GdgIHWf.png Updated with Hardcore's new backsprite

Megas:

Spoiler

MGaIEQn.png

DNUI9pb.png

4xBDBlI.png Probably unfinished/not as good as the other two, but I may as well include her in the lineup

Bonus Igglybuff and Shedinja

rEGZNoD.png

boM5EEJ.png

I left out Hitmonchan and Heracross since I wasn't sure if they should be implemented without the rest of their family/counterparts.

@Leafjewel

I trust your spriting and coloring abilities for the most part so I didn't check every sprite, but I did find a couple of things...

Shiny Charmeleon had only 14 colors, fixed below:

k3oGseb.png

That looks like an older version of Lapras that you have there, the one below is what I've had for a while and looks newer imo:

Rswp9MC.png

Keep up the good work.

Edit:

j46nOrG.png

For people who like the old Abra family with its pink shiny palette.

Edited by Kickern
7 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

I left out Hitmonchan and Heracross since I wasn't sure if they should be implemented without the rest of their family/counterparts.

I'm not worried about inter-regional conterparts, and I already have Heracross. I guess I should update the completed drive more often.

@Septentrion

I've been going off of what I can see in the patch. Perhaps I have a slightly older patch that doesn't contain Heracross. Regardless, as soon as the new patch comes out, I'll update the google drive with whatever changes you make.

8l0KQr0.png

4pLnZ15.png

Edit: Made a few changes to Porygon

bu5Kiso.png

Edit 2: The in-game sprites in the Google Drive have been updated as of the August 21st patch.

Edited by Leafjewel

I'm not sold on Hitonchan skirt.

I needed to look at some of the updated sprites before throwing them in. I was hoping for some new stuff.

@Leafjewel

With a lot of those updates, I already have many of them them(with matching hash codes). Typically, if someone submits and I say nothing, it's in.

@laGashetaHardcore Clefable needs bones in her arm. It's too curved.

Edited by Septentrion