Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

Is the Google drive still being kept up to date, and if not is there another way for me to find the updated sprites? I have a few other rom hacks that I like to play with moemon like Liquid Crystal. 

11 hours ago, EMIYA said:

Is the Google drive still being kept up to date, and if not is there another way for me to find the updated sprites? I have a few other rom hacks that I like to play with moemon like Liquid Crystal. 

Sorry, I got a little lazy on keeping the Revival and Mega FR collections up-to-date, and I'll try to update those soon(ish).

However, if you look at the romhack request/find doc in the sprite drive, you can follow a link in it to another google drive folder. This drive contains unofficial Moemon patches for a handful of romhacks (including Liquid Crystal) and folders containing all the sprites used to make said patches. There's another google doc in this side drive that contains details on what to patch them on, but generally the order goes:
Clean FR Squirrels ROM -> Patch romhack patch (from its official site) -> Patch Moemon romhack patch on top of previously patched ROM.

These unofficial patches are updated every 2-3 months if I have time and use the same sprites from Revival and Mega FR, plus many newer sprites that have a matching frontsprite and backsprite (and aren't always considered completely finished).

Edited by Leafjewel
More info
8 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Sorry, I got a little lazy on keeping the Revival and Mega FR collections up-to-date, and I'll try to update those soon(ish).

However, if you look at the romhack request/find doc in the sprite drive, you can follow a link in it to another google drive folder. This drive contains unofficial Moemon patches for a handful of romhacks (including Liquid Crystal) and folders containing all the sprites used to make said patches. There's another google doc in this side drive that contains details on what to patch them on, but generally the order goes:
Clean FR Squirrels ROM -> Patch romhack patch (from its official site) -> Patch Moemon romhack patch on top of previously patched ROM.

These unofficial patches are updated every 2-3 months if I have time and use the same sprites from Revival and Mega FR, plus many newer sprites that have a matching frontsprite and backsprite (and aren't always considered completely finished).

Ok then thanks for the info. I had even forgotten a few of these hacks even updated, so now there is something new to try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. Having a bit of a problem. Followed all the steps in the readme, and I am able to get to the start screen, but after the introductory text, right after "press the A button and let your adventure begin!", I get a black screen, with a glitched-out sound playing in the background. I've tried re-installing both the original rom and the moemon ups, I've tried using a different patching program, and I've tried looking up potential problems online, but to no avail. Anyone know a fix?

19 hours ago, blanket01 said:

Hello. Having a bit of a problem. Followed all the steps in the readme, and I am able to get to the start screen, but after the introductory text, right after "press the A button and let your adventure begin!", I get a black screen, with a glitched-out sound playing in the background. I've tried re-installing both the original rom and the moemon ups, I've tried using a different patching program, and I've tried looking up potential problems online, but to no avail. Anyone know a fix?

Are you sure you're using the right rom? Most Moemon patches require specific versions of the rom.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:01 AM, blanket01 said:

This is probably an emulator issue. This romhack has trouble with many emulators. AFAIK, the only emulator which doesn't crash all the time is VGBA

New bugfix soon. Clear Smog on a flying moemon WILL cause a crash, and a few opponents know Clear Smog.

6 hours ago, StefanGG said:

i can't evolve my yanma to a yanmega. is it even possible or is there a special way. normally its level up with acient power but that didn't work

Yanmega's not made yet.

hi, I've been following Moemon since 2013 and while scraping around old bookmarks found a link to a japanese project with some gijinka designs for the first 493 pokemon (so up to sinnoh)

https://www4.atwiki.jp/hitec/pages/383.html#グライオン

you select the dex-number range on the left, then you have the japanese names on the right. thought it could be inspiration for spriters, I sadly have zero artistic talent whatsoever.

Edit: I can delete this if it's known already, didn't find the link in the search.

Edited by Uupa
to explain why I posted stuff which might be known