Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

3 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Updated the Google Drive to match the latest patch. As always, let me know if I missed anything.

A lot of "not in patch" is not updated. Some of them are put in directly.

I'm going to focus on making water environments more interesting. The only real issue I have with your Wailord is that the necklace is too tiny for the resolution. I was wondering if there are other changes you like to consider.

Edited by Septentrion

Ledain and Breloom use the same base and still have the same top. Changes should happen to one or the other. It should probably be Ledain so she can look more like a ladybug.

@KidVillero

You don't have to remove your images that much. It's rather easy to lose art that way.

@Dictionary

I have the breloom with 13 colors. I'll allow backsprites without the frontsprite's wings(I think moetal allows the same). It is a rather big stumbling point.

BBGxjUS.png

The regular Ledain has 18 colors, although it seems to be a matter of having two duplicate colors.

Edited by Septentrion

I did some testing. I'm going to need to remove the Elite Four roadblock as it triggers with the national dex. I don't think anyone will miss that.

I would like to note that the drive has lots of Unova starter sprites to work with, especially the tepig family. There's quite a bit to work with, especially if going by the 80x80 stardard for the B/W ROM. Is this technically feasible?

We haven't worked on Steelix recently. I've had some trouble with Mega-Beedrill's armor. Maybe the hair shouldn't be armor colored. The frontsprite will probably have to conform to the current backsprite.

WkhMYzd.png

On 11/21/2017 at 12:17 PM, Ranji said:

The Thunder Stone in Celadon City 4F store has combined text with the stones below it.

You might wanna check the Zubat front sprite because I think a couple of pixels are missing (sclera & the top of her thighhighs).

I don't know what you mean with Zubat, but the stone will be fix for December's version.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:01 PM, Nimbi said:

How do I apply these as is? The actual mod in the other thread doesn't include the B/W areas yet...

You'll have to find answers elsewhere in the forum. I can't help on the technical aspects. Someone else has to create the mod, with a new thread.

Hi,just a question,so i already played some moemon games,love the sprites,and i would like to know which game i can use to play with the december update,since this one seem to include new sprites/updated one,sorry if my question seem dumb or anything ^^',thanks for any replies
also,the december update work for the emerald plus version?

Edited by lucasse93

The last update was a bunch of shiny and putting good sprites into working inserts. There will be a 1.0 deadline of January 2nd for life reasons. I am technically on Christmas break as of now. Hopefully some people might do things for the holidays.

Unown are gamefreak's biggest mistake.

On 12/11/2017 at 9:12 AM, lucasse93 said:

Hi,just a question,so i already played some moemon games,love the sprites,and i would like to know which game i can use to play with the december update,since this one seem to include new sprites/updated one,sorry if my question seem dumb or anything ^^',thanks for any replies
also,the december update work for the emerald plus version?

The updates are just for this project. I don't even use the same hacking tools as Moetal and OtherPlayers.

7 hours ago, Dictionary said:

Ledian: Red Riding Hood Ver. :P

pAMqQ5e.png

I'm not good at capes (especially, folds) .. but I tried 

also her boobs doesn't look right for me... I guess it's just me...

I guess the old boobs didn't pixel well. The light green is brighter than the gray it replaces.

Hey, I play GBA emulators on the android MyBoy! app. Whenever I click in the download file, it tells me it is an unrecognised GBA file. Any advice on a course of action?

Update: I attempted to get it on my Chromebook using VBA-M, results in just a blank screen.

Edited by Benjikein
New information
On 12/12/2017 at 4:01 PM, mkrnova said:

hello how is it going I was wondering how much longer till is is done or is it already done?

A few sprite sets need to be done, but the game is playable. They are currently the pokemon or placeholder. These got to get good:

y2Fwvl5.png

That's like 3 out of 5 that need to be improved for quality standards. None of these fronts had proper backsprites made.

@Dictionary

You have done excellent design work. I'm considering Kanto ledyba when you finish.

12 hours ago, Benjikein said:

Hey, I play GBA emulators on the android MyBoy! app. Whenever I click in the download file, it tells me it is an unrecognised GBA file. Any advice on a course of action?

Update: I attempted to get it on my Chromebook using VBA-M, results in just a blank screen.

This is distributed as an IPS patch, not as a GBA file.

Edit:

Can anyone come up with some text for this?

7c6g0nz.png

Edited by Septentrion
On 12/15/2017 at 3:43 AM, Ryu said:

''So, you finally got some powerfull moemons, but this is not a game kid, there are more to be discovered than you can imagine on this world'' or something like that.

That's quite long. It's supposed to be like a movie trailer line.

On 12/17/2017 at 4:46 AM, Dictionary said:

So hard TT

But you were already in a good place.

Monday edit:

UxMTOCq.png

I tried something. I can't make text too small or else it won't get people's attention. I'm don't like this particular text because it implies some sort of lore.

Edited by Septentrion
6 hours ago, lucasse93 said:

Can please someone tell me which game i need to apply this update? is it a new pokemon version or something? thanks

I'm working on a new readme.txt. It should make this more clear.

SET THE SAVE TYPE ON THE EMULATOR BEFORE PLAYING
Under Option>Emulator>Save Type
1)Automatic
2)128k Flash
fixing saves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhAVH1yMG0

IPS: The ips file must be patch to an existing GBA file: 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba
We are not allowed to distribute GBA files.
Lunar IPS is require to patch the GBA into moemon.(It does not automatically create a copy of your Fire Red game).

This is an incomplete. Kadabra and Hitmonlee are unfinished. Sevii Islands are in the process of bring moefied. Some Sevii island moemon are low quality, but most aren't.

Many new encounters are included. Gender ratios have been ajusted to be more balanced, such as with the starters.

Latias and the starters Mega-evole. Megastones can be bought in Cerulean City. National Dex is in Pewter City Pokemon Center. Do not use the National Dex in Menu as it currently crashes the game.

Many evolutions happen through friendship values.

Game Balance is not gaurenteed as Mega Evolution is a factor. Many battles have been upscaled. It is recomemnded that you catch a legendary bird before the Elite Four.

BUG LIST

1) Old Rod has been made inaccessible due to a major glitch
2) Mega evolution does not work for double battles
3) Sorting by nation dex cause crash
4) Flash as a field move is white text.
5) False Swipe does not work as intend. It has been replaced.
6) Minor pokedex glitches for post-heonn moemon captures and other text errors.

Cheat Codes are not supported.

@Dictionary

I reduced the Ledain colors to 16. The newest eyes weren't good, but I've kept the rest of the changes you've made to the best of my ability. You'll be in the credits soon.

MjPTUKl.png

Edited by Septentrion