Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

Hi, i just wanted to say thanks for the hard work, i'm not a huge Pokemon fan due to his design so thanks to Mega Moemon i just completed my first nuzlocke playthrough! Can't wait for the next update ^^.

moenuz.jpg

(yeah Omastar maybe was not allowed, but i like it too much so i traded my Cloyster for it)

Edited by DrZazzerstein

a few questions

I noticed the move sets have been updated does that corresponded to a specific gen or is it a custom moveset change for this hack?

is it possible to get both omanyte and kabuto in this hack?

is the national dex bug something that may be fixed in a future updates or is it a permanent bug?

something i noticed on the zubat front sprite in game there are transparent pixels on the white of the eye, in between the arms, and on the upper parts of her legs.

Definitely liking this hack so far thanks for making this.

1 hour ago, laGashetaHardcore said:

I made this Roselia just for fun, I forget the spiky crown :((

zuL32OV.png

How often do you think we can get away with hetrochromia?

Also, join us please. There's actually tons of activity, but I know it doesn't look that way. Moetal's Revival is getting a new title screen and Mega is likely to have a major technical update soon.

Edited by Septentrion
1 minute ago, BlazingThunder1 said:

Hey i'm just wondering how do you evolve pokemon like pichu and golbat you know pokemon who evolve through friendship do i use an item or just let them level up just wondering to make sure

This is 3rd generation. Friendship evolutions do exist in vanilla FireRed and so do in this hackrom

19 hours ago, Albaforce said:

So I was wondering how evolving trade evolution pokemon like Kadabra and Scyther works. I'd really like to use a Scizor in my game but I don't know how I'd get one or if I even could get one

Hmm, about Scizor, you can get it by trading.

Ah, Septentrion-san, I'm having this thought lately about increasing the story of Moemon Fire Red you made and I, as one of Moemon Fire Red, can enjoy the game for longer period of time. Well it just one idea I got. And I really give my thanks to you about this project, I never imagine someday capturing some wild cute girl. And bout a logic at Pokèmon encounter rate, where yeah, it kinda gives feeling about infinite Pidgey in some little space when each time you move the chance of encountering the same Pokèmon is rather high. And almost forget, on the 2nd floor there's a glitch where the NES and the computer image kinda turn into some kind of space distortion, is that sound okay? And the last, I try challenging the Elite Four for thrice but on the 3rd time their teams don't change, and is that the glitch on my part? Thank you.

Only Moemon from gens I, II, and III can be encountered, although there are only a limited amount of gen II and III encounters. Nothing from Gen IV or later is obtainable.

By default, Pokemon FireRed does not allow Pokemon found outside of the basic pokedex to evolve without getting the national dex. This patch has a solution for that: talk to the scientist dude in the Pewter City Pokecenter to receive the national dex. Trade evolutions have been replaced either by level (try 30+) or by stone (Sun or Moon stone most of the time).

As a last note, this is a work in progress so nothing is final.

9 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

Only Moemon from gens I, II, and III can be encountered, although there are only a limited amount of gen II and III encounters. Nothing from Gen IV or later is obtainable.

By default, Pokemon FireRed does not allow Pokemon found outside of the basic pokedex to evolve without getting the national dex. This patch has a solution for that: talk to the scientist dude in the Pewter City Pokecenter to receive the national dex. Trade evolutions have been replaced either by level (try 30+) or by stone (Sun or Moon stone most of the time).

I trade my Seadra holding Dragon Scale with Fire Red another version and it still evolves to Kingdra. And backward also works.

Yep I wait for it. Hehehe... I'm sorry I can't join the fun of making the game coz no req. skill available. 

21 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

There are definitely some Gen 4-5 Pokemon in this game, even if they don't show up in the Pokédex. I have caught Shinx, Glameow, Emolga, and Lillipup, and Misdreavus can be evolved with a Moon Stone. Also, at least one trainer in Silph Co. has an Audino.

2 hours ago, sdw7sm said:

There are definitely some Gen 4-5 Pokemon in this game, even if they don't show up in the Pokédex. I have caught Shinx, Glameow, Emolga, and Lillipup, and Misdreavus can be evolved with a Moon Stone. Also, at least one trainer in Silph Co. has an Audino.

Admittedly, I went too strong with the hyperbole there. There's only the Shinx family, Combee family, Glameow family, Lilipup family, Leafeon, Audino, Emolga, and Mismagius (who I completely forgot about) in terms of Gen IV and V. There's also supposedly Swanna somewhere. What I had really meant was that there were an extremely negligible amount of of gen IV and V moemon and that none of them (aside from Leafeon and the Shinx line and maybe Lilipup line) are notable. In my experience, once you say that there are pokemon from other gens beyond III, people instantly assume that the starters and notable families/evolutions (Gible/Deino for example and Rhyperior/Magmortar/Electivire for some reason) are obtainable.

Edited by Leafjewel

Alright, I'm new to the forum, Hello! I have been working my behind off trying to get this hack to work for me and I've just now seen that the README.txt file included states that apparently the only emulator that is supported is VGB. When I saw that; man was I bummed! That's why I just had to make an account to ask if there are plans to allow other emulator support? I ask this because I've been trying to get this hack to work with the retroarch mod for hakchi2 for the past couple of hours so I can have the ultimate setup on my NES classic. Right now, where I'm at: The Rom boots fine, but as soon as I get to start a new game it crashes right before Prof.Oak comes on screen to tell me about pokemon.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:07 PM, Llamabeanzz said:

the only emulator that is supported is VGB

The Rom boots fine, but as soon as I get to start a new game it crashes right before Prof.Oak comes on screen to tell me about pokemon.

Crashing at Oak with screeching noises? The solution is to (temporarily) install VGB, start a new game, save as soon as you're ingame, then copy the save file and load it into your emulator of choice.