Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

49 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

@Septentrion

Maybe have a heart on the border of all fully evolved Moemon (which would include the ones that never evolve), and have a simple border on Moemon that can still evolve. Megas can have two hearts then? Or just something that makes them a little more special.

I'm willing to work on megas and their normal icons to make them special. These small ideas can amount to a lot of work.

Also, if you can just capture a moemon with a heart, and then what's that supposed to mean? Legal age?

I think Wartortle was edited as well.

WyeCz2g.png

Edit: Decided to see if any of the Gen V colors would make the Bulbasaur family look better (or at least not so dull and kind of grayish). They're certainly brighter and bluer now. The highlights are from Gen V Ivysaur and the other blues are from Gen V Bulbasaur. I left the pinks as they were, although I darkened the brightest pink on Venusaur to make it blend better. If pink Venusaur looks weird, I can put her back in red.

vRCKbvZ.png

Edited by Leafjewel

Since we'll have to figure out what to do with this Venusaur eventually, I matched her palette to my recolors of the Bulbasaur family. I think she at least needs some kind of footwear and arm accessory to go along with Ivysaur and the other Venusaur.

h5xkZPT.png

@Septentrion

When do you think you'll make the next update to the patch? After the Kanto starters get settled or after we get the Kanto starters and their Mega evolutions done? Are there any sprites you want a set for?

2 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

@Septentrion

When do you think you'll make the next update to the patch? After the Kanto starters get settled or after we get the Kanto starters and their Mega evolutions done? Are there any sprites you want a set for?

I"m a bit more concerned about early-midgame moemon, like Kadabra and Magnemite. I didn't expect the Megas to have made this much progress before those.

4 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

@Septentrion

What else needs to be done for Magnemite?

T6VW94U.png

Do all three need backsprites? Or just Kadabra and Alakazam?

JtG6t2c.png4UglkAh.pngOuqrpSA.png

Do you want a backsprite for Krabby and for Pinsir to be done as well?

bRajM6f.png7TbOgpr.pngPKppRB0.png

Good job on matching Venusaur up with the others saurs. The magnemite's hit needs some shine. The is an Abra backspite I made that's currently inserted that probably low quality.

I think Pinsir doesn't show up until after that half way mark and I don't remember Krabby being early either. Those aren't as urgent.

Tried to add shine.

rqokyBE.png

I'm not 100% sure which Venusaur is going to be regular Venusaur and which is going to be Mega Venusaur. I figured seeing all of them together would help. Gave the current Venusaur a boot, some bracelets, a belt, and some leaves to better match her with Ivysaur and Moetal's Venusaur. Updated Moetal's Venusaur to Hardcore's latest edits.

cZ2SeEz.png

Edit: As it turns out, I still don't want to touch this with a 50 ft pole. Regardless, I added the face. I still think the shading (and the hair in general) on Alakazam is way above what I can actually handle though, so I doubt I'll be making any more edits to this.

OuqrpSA.pngV2KvHmu.png

Edited by Leafjewel
On 8/14/2017 at 10:31 PM, MrDaiki said:

Can these sprites be used in PokeMMO? I would love to have a mod of these sprites.

You can find a PokeMMO Mod port of the amazing sprites here (plus the older ones from Moetal's version that haven't been updated to the new project yet) over in the Other Moemon Ports thread (which at the time of this posting is just beneath this one).

3 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

I'm not 100% sure which Venusaur is going to be regular Venusaur and which is going to be Mega Venusaur. I figured seeing all of them together would help. Gave the current Venusaur a boot, some bracelets, a belt, and some leaves to better match her with Ivysaur and Moetal's Venusaur. Updated Moetal's Venusaur to Hardcore's latest edits.

The bottom Venusaur probably makes a bit more sense as a Mega if you were going just between those two, considering she gets the flower in her hair and one of M-Venusaur's biggest changes from normal Venusaur is the bright pink flower on his forhead. (That said not sure but it might need to show just a tiny bit of that flower on the bottom backsprite as well, given it's height).

@laGashetaHardcore

Alakazam not matching is likely due to Abra and Kadabra being made by RacheLucario and Alakazam being made by CrookedWings. The old thread also said it was okay for Traded Evolutions to not have to match the previous stages as much.

That said, I do kind of like your Alakazam better, but only from the chest and above. Everything below her chest and her arms are very awkwardly positioned. Also, where is Alakazam's mustache in your version?

I like the changes made to Mega Charizard, except for the face.

Edited by Leafjewel

@abstranger

Yes on Mega Charizard.

Are you asking about Alakazam or Mega Charizard?

If it's about Alakazam, then I do think Hardcore's is a more fitting Alakazam, but the proportions on everything except the head and chest are really really bad/off/disproportionate. The hands are nice too, and the arms might be okay, but it's hard to say when everything from the waist down needs to be repositioned.

If it's about MCharizard's face, then the only problem was that the shape was off and needed to be rounded a bit more.

Edit: Hardcore's outlines to MCharizard's tail should be kept. And she needs eyebrows.

Edited by Leafjewel